Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I’d say the past 200 years of protests have done a lot

They just made gay marriage legal like 3 years ago. Civil rights for different communities are still actively being fought for through protest.

Think about a chain restaurant. A decision like giving a customer 3 scoops of some ingredient instead of 2 isn’t a huge one on a case by case basis. But Subway, Chipotle, etc make slight adjustments to these decisions and they aggregate to company making or breaking decisions. You let justice inequality, employment inequality, etc apply to every person in America and those inequalities will realize themselves in large differences, and those differences will
compound with other factors. Being proactive about your life and protesting inequalities aren’t mutually exclusive. A lot of minority communities in America have benefited from protestors.

Well said. I 100% agree as I have reaped the benefits of said protests.

However, I fundamentally believe that these gaps will never be fully eliminated. In 2018, we live in a classist society and I think that outweighs all of the racism that has and is occurring.

Capitalism is one tool that does not jive with racial inequality.

F9D5D7B4-E3FB-4F14-AA78-47970556C1DA.gif

what? have you not been reading?

1. fair and equal treatment by the criminal justice system
  2. fair and equal pay not affected by gender racial bias
  3. equally access to opportunity
  4. fair and equal access to quality education
notice how "doing the best you can do" does nothing to change the fact that those things above f*ck people of color each and every day.

1) Don’t break the law. Follow the rules.

2) Not true, fair and equal pay is happening all around. If not then find another company. But the truth is. Brandon and Jerome will not have the same resume. If they do, there are also factors like GPA, and skill level.

3) Opportunity? Everybody gets opportunities and they come in all shapes, forms, and sizes.

4) Everybody goes from K-12 dude. But now we have this new thing called the internet where you can learn about a lot of new things.

Done

Listen I am an economist by training and profession.

What you are saying is not only philosophically wrong, but also scientifically asinine.

Ok Mr. Economist. What is your actual suggestion to the African American community for the future. Not asking for data but a suggestion on what the community should be doing to overcome systemic inequality.

Yeah, @RustyShackleford, please solve centuries of racial discrimination in one single post on a sneaker forum board! Cuz if u can't, you're argument is wwwWrrrOOOoonNNgG!!!

giphy.gif

2) Not true, fair and equal pay is happening all around. If not then find another company. But the truth is. Brandon and Jerome will not have the same resume. If they do, there are also factors like GPA, and skill level.

3) Opportunity? Everybody gets opportunities and they come in all shapes, forms, and sizes.

4) Everybody goes from K-12 dude. But now we have this new thing called the internet where you can learn about a lot of new things.

Done

Your lack of perspective is troubling

Nothing you said address the broken systems themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, @RustyShackleford, please solve centuries of racial discrimination in one single post on a sneaker forum board! Cuz if u can't, you're argument is wwwWrrrOOOoonNNgG!!!

giphy.gif

With this logic my suggestion to be the best you isn't incorrect then.

All these stats, blame, etc. YES, THERE IS RACISM IN AMERICA and it will not go away. Our stats prove that.

So what is the next step? sulk or fight. The argument is that most of our community does not care to fight (i'm sure you have seen the disproportionate stats on how much engagement actually occurs within these civil rights protests in today's day. it's a lot of smoke and mirrors)

To me, fighting is being the best you can in this unjust society. Overcome roadblocks instead of sitting in front of them and wishing they were gone.

to bring it back to Kanye...People can't even have different opinions or challenge the foundation of thought processes in 2018

People tell me to solve racism on here all the time

Tell me im complaining

Tell me to have the solution

And then they dont want to hear the rest

We should have a post a pic of ur hand w ur screen name and the date

Y'all gotta ignore this clown

Remember his posts from the Trayvon Martin thread

https://niketalk.com/search/5976424/?page=10

Post from the "Dear White People" thread

"Seriously, I don't know why black people keep pressing this issue. Who ever is racist just is, crying about it or pointing it out will not change anything. You just have to look at them as if it's they have a disability... Which they do..."

https://niketalk.com/threads/dear-white-people.597905/page-2#post-20957628

I don't believe this guy is really mixed.

Respect. But you’re wrong. I have gone through what you are going through. But I talked to the owner of the company. And I also threatened to take my talents elsewhere. Turned around and got more then my white counterpart along with a bunch of apologies.
Next time you have a review, bring up what you’ve done for the company, bring up your reward. Bring up that you could get paid more at Such-nSuch other company. You have experience and context with your company and those things count.
Capitalism is one tool that does not jive with racial inequality. Use it.

I think you're missing the point I am trying to make. You and I can pull that card but that not the reality for most black people. Some people with greater credentials can't even get through the door because of the color of their skin. I personally am only in the industry so I can learn the game to work for myself but others can work just as hard and never be allotted the opportunity to learn. Yes life isn't fair but it is especially isn't fair for black people in this country. It's a complex issue that isn't resolved by telling people to simply pull themselves up.

Are there black people who need to stop making excuses and expecting hand outs? Absolutely.

But there are also black people who aren't allotted opportunities to work hard and to say they are victims is the anit-black or racist rhetoric that I am(and others in this thread) trying to discourage you from perpetuating.

I'm also not necessarily responding just for your sake but I am sure there are others on NT and lurking the thread that need to understand more about the conditions that others are facing in this society so they better know how to move in it.

Still not a single study referenced, not a single data point shown. Arguments floating on conjecture and semantics. Dude definitely doesn’t work/study in any of the hard sciences because evidence based decision making seems like a foreign language

Done

This is one of the worst arguments I’ve ever read.

“Everybody goes from K-12 dude”

I think an interesting case study would be Africans coming to America and becoming successful vs AA journey to success

From personal conversation, it's the root of Africans resentment towards AA's. A lack of appreciation for opportunity...

Not my thoughts but would be interesting.

I think an interesting case study would be Africans coming to America and becoming successful vs AA journey to success

From personal conversation, it's the root of Africans resentment towards AA's. A lack of appreciation for opportunity...

Not my thoughts but would be interesting.

Africans and carribean folk have the benefit of not having their history rooted in America

Back
Top Bottom