Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Srs question. To the people that feel trump is a white supremecist, and knowing this country's underlying issue with race, would you consider moving to another country? I've considered France honestly. This country is the equivalent of an abusive relationship, and black people are the woman that keeps saying 'he's gonna treat me better, he said he'd stop beating me'. Nothing is gonna change. Marginally better, but no significant change, I think.

Lived in Europe most of my life and running to France is not gonna save you from racism. You may not get gunned down by some trigger happy cop but racism is alive and well all over Europe.

Reactions: wr
IMG_20180428_194634.jpg

im already here, i wish u would. >D

What'd you order today?

There's a La Casa del Mofongo in Silver Spring...not sure if it's related

i still cant shake the obvious point that kanye only opened up his blow hole to say these outlandish polarizing things strictly because he has stuff to sell to us. each time someone speaks about it on ig, youtube etc etc, its like free promotion. thats really all i see it as. nothing more nothing less

unfortunately, there is a tidal wave of residual effects that his statements produce that neither kanye or trump give a crap about.

Lived in Europe most of my life and running to France is not gonna save you from racism. You may not get gunned down by some trigger happy cop but racism is alive and well all over Europe.

That's discouraging. Guess I'll just have to get rich.

i still cant shake the obvious point that kanye only opened up his blow hole to say these outlandish polarizing things strictly because he has stuff to sell to us. each time someone speaks about it on ig, youtube etc etc, its like free promotion. thats really all i see it as. nothing more nothing less

unfortunately, there is a tidal wave of residual effects that his statements produce that neither kanye or trump give a crap about.

My guess is the Kardashians turned his mobile data back on and told him to go out and get his fanboys excited about new stuff. Who knows if they thought he'd go full Uncle Ruckus, but that genie's outta the bottle now.

You argue the way a "flat earth" conspiracy theorist argues. All of your reactions are based entirely on anecdotal claims and hand waving to dismiss any explanation you don't like. You've made no serious effort to engage the science and you self-select only those sources that support your preconceived notions. Consequently, your conclusions are only appear valid from your own limited perspective.

Flat earthers don't apply the same standard of evidence for their claims that they do to those that support the concept of a globe. If you say the Earth is round because astronauts have seen it from space, they'll say that astronauts are part of a global planet-wide conspiracy and the photos of the Earth from space are all fake. They think there's a massive ice wall holding in the oceans, but nobody has proof of that.

In either case, the best way to settle the dispute is to zoom out.

Your unit of analysis is almost exclusively individual. "If so and so got fired, they probably deserved it." "If so and so was arrested, they could've avoided it." "If things are so unfair, how come Kevin Hart has money?"

When we talk about systemic racism, our true unit of analysis is the society.

What would a racist society look like by the numbers? What would society where racism was a statistical non-factor look like?

When presented with data on drug offenses, you offered the following rationalization:

"What’s easier to spot. A drug dealer in the projects where most people don’t have money to blow on a nice car? Or a drug dealer in the suburbs where everybody has a nice car?"

Here, you appear to assume that the reason White respondents in the study were statistically more likely to have sold drugs is because they'd be "easier to spot" in the suburbs. If that were true, wouldn't they be arrested more often? Instead, the opposite is true - and by a wide margin.

In a racist society, you would expect to see vast racial disparities in wealth - and that's exactly what we have. Yale researcher Michael Kraus has studied the racial wealth gap extensively. They've found that, "Black families in America earn just $57.30 for every $100 in income earned by white families, according to the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey. For every $100 in white family wealth, black families hold just $5.04."

In a racist society, you would expect to see vast racial disparities in the criminal justice system - and that's exactly what we have. On average, one in three Black men in America will be jailed in their lifetime, compared to one in seventeen White men.

Overall, the nation's schools are as segregated today as they were in in the 1960's. http://www.newsweek.com/2018/03/30/school-segregation-america-today-bad-1960-855256.html

It's getting worse, not better. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/17/gao-study-segregation-worsening-us-schools/84508438/
https://civilrightsproject.ucla.edu...y-and-state/Brown-at-62-final-corrected-2.pdf

At the societal level, the United States certainly looks intensely racist. The facts are what they are, and they run contrary to your anecdotal claims that racism is an overblown relic from a bygone era.

If you choose to justify these trends, you would have to believe some very racist things. To justify the disparities in arrest, sentencing, and incarceration, you'd have to argue, against evidence, that Black Americans are somehow predisposed to criminality. To justify the wealth/income gaps, you'd have to argue that Black Americans are, as a whole, somehow less qualified or deserving than White Americans.

Absent overtly racist explanations, when asked to explain any one of these broad social disparities in isolation, racists tend to defer to the other disparities. If Black Americans are more likely to be arrested, they may argue, it's because of poverty - but what, then, causes that economic disparity? If Black Americans are more likely to be poor, they often justify it by spouting some racist nonsense about "the Black family." If Black children are more likely to be raised in single-parent households, they justify that by referring to the number of Black men in prison - and the cycle begins anew.

In 1983, Marilyn Frye famously conceptualized sexism as a birdcage, writing,

"If you look very closely at just one wire in the cage, you cannot see the other wires. If your conception of what is before you is determined by this myopic focus, you could look at that one wire, up and down the length of it, and be unable to see why a bird would not just fly around the wire any time it wanted to go somewhere. Furthermore, even if, one day at a time, you myopically inspected each wire, you could still not see why a bird would have trouble going past the wires to get anywhere. There is no physical property of any one wire, nothing that the closest scrutiny would discover, that will reveal how a bird could be inhibited or harmed by it except in the most accidental way. It is only when you step back, stop looking at the wires one by one, microscopically, and take a macroscopic view of the whole cage, that you can see why the bird does not go anywhere; and then you will see it in a moment. It will require no great subtlety of mental powers. It is perfectly obvious that the bird is surrounded by a network of systematically related barriers, no one of which would be the least hindrance to its flight, but which, by their relations to each other, are as confining as the solid walls of a dungeon."

If you care in the least about basic justice and human rights, you need to step back. Stop focusing on anecdotes. Stop focusing on individuals. If you don't like people making excuses for the unfortunate circumstances in which they find themselves, stop making excuses for a society that has persistently manufactured racial inequality from the time of its inception.

What would you say to someone who's unhappy with the state of their lives? Don't count on someone else to improve things for you? Take responsibility? Put matters into your own hands?

If you don't like the injustice in our society, perhaps you should apply that same attitude to yourself. Stop making excuses and do something about it.

If not, don't pretend that you care and don't chastise those who are trying to pull this whole wretched society up by its bootstraps. What goodness America has comes from those who've dedicated themselves to this task, to the fulfillment of this country's purported ideals. A person who only cares for themselves cannot be considered a patriot.

What?! The reason you think I’m being anicdotel is because you are zooming out to much. Stop comparing “Average families” and compare similar situations. Like college educated blacks vs college educated whites. Apples to apples But you don’t want to do that because then this huge gap your referring to starts to close as I stated earlier.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...llege-graduates-why-black-grads-less-wealthy/

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1261

Everyone knows your average white family is doing better than your average black family. Maybe I am focused on the one wire. But your problem is your too focused on the cage to realize that the bird can get out! There are more birds flying out of this cage every day!

I’ve read those articles earlier before you posted them while looking for the ones I posted. I’ve seen your argument already. I’ve lived what your acting like I know nothing about. The struggle is real, but it can be done. I’m not saying “Keven Hart has money”. No, I’m saying Keven Hart and a whole bunch of other brothas have money. It’s not anecdotes at all. There are all kinds of black and Hispanic A-D list celebrities. Not to mention that there are a lot of well of black and Hispanics who have great positions in companies, or are doctors, Lawers, Scientists... And you know this! Once again, birds are flying out of this cage left and right but all you have is excuses why everyone hasn’t made it out. Guess what? Everyone, including whites, will not make it. The system isn’t built like that.

Don’t tell me that being a criminal doesn’t come down to making individual choices. These young black boys wouldn’t be getting into criminal activities if they had their fathers around to tell them how the world works. But some fathers make individual choices to go into crime themselves or to not be a part of their child’s life all together. Black culture says it’s OK to get an abortion, it’s OK to say “That baby ain’t mine”, black culture supports promiscuous activity, black culture applauds and justifies crimes like burglary and selling drugs. Our culture does not jive with the way this country is set up. I will say that this new generation is doing way better than we were. They know the importance of getting your education and not falling for the same old criminal traps they have been getting brothas put away.

I’ve never even heard about the schools being segregated until now so I wont speak on it. But I do agree that the black community is heavily policed and are unequally incarcerated, and have higher sentences. But I will assume that the fact that the average black family is to poor to afford a good lawyer plays a part in it.

So yeah, they can avoid going to jail. Not everyone, but some people do deserve to get fired. Brothas included. The main goal of every company is to make money, not to be fair. I do care about racial injustices. But I’m not going to go pointing the finger at white people or assume black people are victims just because they are my people. Black people need to take SOME responsibility for something.

Yeah if someone is unhappy with their life then I will tell them to take it into their own hands. Why do you thing immigrants come here? You think they come here because America is fun? If you look at the news all it talks about is how racist and terrible America is to minorities. These immigrants come here by the bus loads still. Why? Because of the opportunities!

You used a anicdotel Example earlier about the one black man who got the cops called on him by his own neighbor. But you want to take me across the coals for saying anything anicdotel.

I have agreed with some of things the people in here who oppose me have said ever since I’ve been in here participating. But no one wants to give me anything? I haven’t proven anything at all?!

“We got love. Let’s agree to disagree”
- Kanye West

Boom! How u like it when I drop a quote on you Meth? And are you really white? Did you grow up in the hood? I have so many questions. Don’t report me.

The whole response was for but I want to highlight this part for emphasis because when ever you encounter a systemic/institutionalized racism denier these thoughts are generally at the root. Let’s make it clear. If you look at disparities in arrests and make the argument that black people get arrested more because they’re inherently more criminal, that is 100% a racist thought. If you think that thenracial wealth gap and income disparity is because black People don’t work as hard or aren’t as deserving that is 100% a racist thought. If you think the disproportionate rate of poverty among the black population is because they’re choosing handouts and to be welfare queens over getting a quality education and getting a good job, that is 100% a racist thought.

I agree that is a 100% racist thought. Anyone who thinks and entire people are the same because they have the same skin color is just stupid. Of course black people work hard. Of course black people deserve better!

BUT! Blacks make up 13% of the country but account for over half of the homocides. Not all welfare queens are black. But let’s acknowledge that there are black welfare queens popping out kids and collecting checks.

Did someone say Apples to Apples?

African Americans are paid less than whites at every education level

Economic Snapshot • By Valerie Wilson • October 4, 2016

While the economy continues to improve and wages are finally beginning to inch up for most Americans, African Americans are still being paid less than whites at every education level. As you can see from the chart below, while a college education results in higher wages—both for whites and blacks—it does not eliminate the black-white wage gap. African Americans are still earning less than whites at every level of educational attainment. A recent EPI report, Black-white wage gaps expand with rising wage inequality, shows that this gap persists even after controlling for years of experience, region of the country, and whether one lives in an urban or rural area. In fact, since 1979, the gaps between black and white workers have grown the most among workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher—the most educated workers. More school will certainly increase wages, but education alone is not enough to overcome the effects of racial discrimination in pay. Closing this part of the racial pay gap begins with consistent enforcement of anti-discrimination laws in the hiring, promotion, and pay of women and minority workers, as well as greater transparency around within-firm pay by race, ethnicity, and gender.
A0A02209-9507-44D6-A769-B85C58A2FCDE.jpeg

Source: Economic Policy Institute, State of Working America Data Library, “Wages by education,”
https://www.epi.org/publication/afr...id-less-than-whites-at-every-education-level/

I agree that is a 100% racist thought. Anyone who thinks and entire people are the same because they have the same skin color is just stupid. Of course black people work hard. Of course black people deserve better!

BUT! Blacks make up 13% of the country but account for over half of the homocides. Not all welfare queens are black. But let’s acknowledge that there are black welfare queens popping out kids and collecting checks.

Are you also aware of the fact that crime, especially violent crime, is more prevalent amongst those in poverty, guess whhat race is disproportionately poor? Think it’s a coincidence?

Why even correlate welfar queen behavior with a race? When abuse of the welfare system happens in all races.

Also with pointing out, fatherlessness is higher amongst the poor REGARDLESS of race.

Last edited:
Black culture says it’s OK to get an abortion, it’s OK to say “That baby ain’t mine”, black culture supports promiscuous activity, black culture applauds and justifies crimes like burglary and selling drugs.

You described 75% of white dudes I knew in college. You're describing problems with American culture in general and blaming it on black people, and you're wondering why people are calling you racist :lol:

Back
Top Bottom