LeBron says he won't hesitate to leave Cavs in 2010 if offer is right

it's crazy how this !@* is only 23 !!!!! Dude Might get the first 250 Million Dollar NBA contract. He is on the fastest pace to a Billion Dollars just offendorsements and other money other than Tiger Woods.

Lebron is already a global icon...by playing in NY, he would absolutely destroy everything media related. I'm talking about POTENTIALLY being as big (orbigger) as MJ, Ali, Beckham, etc....We all know that he has his roots in Ohio....however, if he TRULY wants to become a billionaire at a faster pace, he needsto make that jump to a large-market city. New York makes perfect sense. Whether it's playing in BK or at MSG, there are going to be more opportunites forLebron OFF the court than what he could get if he stays in Cleveland. This dude would run the city. The league would profit even more due to network exposure,jersey sales, etc etc. Lebron ain't no dummy. He loves hoops, but don't be fooled in thinking he doesn't have business saavy. There's a wholeanother side to basketball that has NOTHING to do with stats on the court.

I don't think people realize how important it is to play defense to win in the league...Something D'Antoni does not do.

Keep mumbling that to yourself in 2010 when he's playing for the Knicks, and you got boobie leadinig the charge in Cleveland.

LeBron in D'Antoni's system

smh.gif
Bro...we may be talking Big O #'s....
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I have no respect for Lebron. He is a primadona. What happened to carrying your city on your back and winning a ring the right way? Why the %$$@ do people worry about money when they already have enough money to buy a 3rd world country is beyond me.
WTH????

James would have carried them for 8 yearswithout a damn title because CAVS brass refused to get him some help. The Mo Williams deal is the best thing that has happened.(and thats not saying much) CAVShave a shot at signing Bron long term.... by continuing to get him LEGIT help THIS year and in 2009.... if not.... PEACE.....

Damien Jones-FAIL
Brittle #%% Larry Hughes- FAIL

F that.... dont be Garnett and WAIT 12 years for YOUR management to do something before asking for a trade....Management is only concerned with milking you to fill seats...

People forget MJ made the SAME comments in the 80's during the Detroit runs..... Management stepped up and it paid off big time.

And finally, as I said after last season..... IF the Browns were consistently good NO ONE IN CLEVELAND WOULD GIVE ADAMN ABOUT THE CAVS!
its Browns or bust.....

so.... its bust for Cleveland.....

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Originally Posted by onewearz

cant wait
pimp.gif

116q5jq.jpg

Q isn't going to be re-signed solely for the fact that he has LBJ's #23.

I was just thinking...Lebron got a lot of grief for wearing that Yankees hat against the Indians. What if he wears his Cowboys gear in NY against the G-Men in the NFC championship game?
eek.gif
A beautiful site.
And hopefully he ain't that dumb
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He probably knows Cleveland is not NEW YORK..... or at least I hope.
i can't for Lebron to be Knick
pimp.gif

As much as it would disgust me to see Lebron in a Knicks jersey.

Can you imagine the Knicks/Heat rivalries renewed with Bron vs Wade

pimp.gif

Only an idiot WOULDNT have saw this coming years ago... I actually thought he would head to NY after his rookie deal was up..

LeBron in NY=Me having a reason to go to Knicks game again

Crazy thing is that the last 6 Knick games i been to was the last 6 times they played the Cavs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I am from cleveland and if Lebron does leave, I don't understand why New York????

To get to that jordan/goat status you have to win rings, and going to the knicks or nets, does not really put him in a

better situation, if he does leave, I can see him leaving for a contender, not a garbo team like the knicks or nets.

Money and his LEGACY....The Knicks havent won a title in damn near 40 years.If he can win a title here he would be considered King of NY not to mention King ofBasketball

indifferent.gif
You really think the Cavs would have a better supporting cast forLeBron than the knicks would??? They wouldnt even have that now if Lebron was in NY this season.... And like others said before me, LeBron in the D'Antonisystem is SCARY

Bron,see u in NY come 2010
pimp.gif

Funny thing is, when Bron leaves in 2010, he will have all the own all the Cleveland records so he can get his jersey retired by two teams..Haha

Dumars alrready has him wrapped up............Oh c'mon I guy can dream can't he?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Bron is going to MIAMI.. him and wade are friends from the draft to the olympics... and with beasley. chalmers, and who wouldnt want to live in miami??

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What makes you think that Wade is going to stay in Miami? Chicago is gonna throw a boat load of money his way.

i dont get the cleveland fans who think he OWES it to the city to stay here. he doesnt owe us anything. if he does leave then we were LUCKY to have him 8years. hell we could have had the second pick and went with Darko in the first place. Thats what I originally thought was gonna happen back in 03 anyways. TheCavs are known for bad picks (See every other pick they have used in the last 10 years besides LeBron) The only guys still on the team they actually draftedbesides LeBron is Zydrunas. This is a whole new team from even last year besides Gibson (I'm talking about guys we drafted).

Bron cares about himself, his family, his legacy, and the horsemen. Even if he does win a title here this year I can still see him bolting to NY. hes alreadynkown worldwide but i think there he would be an icon. even more than if he would go to LA. im just tryin to think reasonably and logically. just because theknicks are bad now doesnt mean they will be in 2 years (boston celtics??). If he goes, he goes. Not like I didn't see it coming! Ill still go to games ifhes gone. It would be pretty hard seein big homey in a Knick jersey but you gotta do what you gotta do!

I'll still be a Cavaliers fan, and LeBron James fan regardless of what happens. My only gripe is that New York, at the moment in time, won't have thecap space to sign LeBron in 2010.

If the Cavaliers win a championship in the next two years, I wouldn't care what happens.

Originally Posted by belle155

i dont get the cleveland fans who think he OWES it to the city to stay here. he doesnt owe us anything. if he does leave then we were LUCKY to have him 8 years. hell we could have had the second pick and went with Darko in the first place. Thats what I originally thought was gonna happen back in 03 anyways. The Cavs are known for bad picks (See every other pick they have used in the last 10 years besides LeBron) The only guys still on the team they actually drafted besides LeBron is Zydrunas. This is a whole new team from even last year besides Gibson (I'm talking about guys we drafted).

Bron cares about himself, his family, his legacy, and the horsemen. Even if he does win a title here this year I can still see him bolting to NY. hes already nkown worldwide but i think there he would be an icon. even more than if he would go to LA. im just tryin to think reasonably and logically. just because the knicks are bad now doesnt mean they will be in 2 years (boston celtics??). If he goes, he goes. Not like I didn't see it coming! Ill still go to games if hes gone. It would be pretty hard seein big homey in a Knick jersey but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Good to see another Clevelander has some sense besides me...
roll.gif

Last Viable CAVS team for a title was those late 80's squads... and MJ wasnt having it
mad.gif

You want to see great players win titles.... He needs a title to be in the same breath as _________( put your favorite here)
Instead of being Ewing, Barkley, Malone,
frown.gif

Pretty crazy to think what could happen, Lebron is a global icon already at the age of 23.

Him being here in NY would make this city go nuts.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I'll still be a Cavaliers fan, and LeBron James fan regardless of what happens. My only gripe is that New York, at the moment in time, won't have the cap space to sign LeBron in 2010.

If the Cavaliers win a championship in the next two years, I wouldn't care what happens.

word. id somehow find a way to buy myself a championship ring and wear it til i die. thats the team i roll with and if i saw em win 1 title, that would bethe best thing ever as a TRUE fan of the franchise.

Sorry NY I'm going on a campaign for LeBron to join all-star guard Derrick Rose in 2010 in the house that Jordan built. I know it's a long shot,especially since the Reisendorf don't wanna loosen the purse strings for the Bulls. I just need to change the direction of the conversation.

Realistic points

- we will have the cap space PRO
-LeBron wears #23 CON
- Chicago is a major market PRO
-speculation is that Nike increase requires playing in NY CON
-Chicago is real close to Cleveland, he can get there fast in that new ferrari he just had customized PRO

I can dream dammit!

I need a Chicago Nt'er to photoshop Bron in a Bulls pinstriped

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Bron is going to MIAMI.. him and wade are friends from the draft to the olympics... and with beasley. chalmers, and who wouldnt want to live in miami??

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What makes you think that Wade is going to stay in Miami? Chicago is gonna throw a boat load of money his way.

We'd have the hometown backcourt killing teams, just still need a big man. Maybe Wade could convince Lebron since they are friends.

The Miami scenario wouldn't be bad cause of the income tax rules. Bron is trying to make a billi!

I just don't want to hear about renewed Bulls-Knicks rivalry with them having LBJ. I'm still mad about the 82 he dropped on us in 2 games.

nycknicks105 wrote:
Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

nycknicks105 wrote:
^^why don't you like the Knicks?
I'm not from NY, so what's to like about them? I never said I hated them. I just said I didn't like them.

edit: and Ska, I hope you continue the trend of locking Lebron vs Kobe threads... they are basically becoming a cancer on this board, ala Kobe vs MJ.

IDK, but for some reason every person I've met that doesn't like the Knicks either hated them for no reason, or liked them.

Especially here on NT...People hate them just because...

- NO. people hate the knicks because Knick fans are as obnoxious as the folks that live in NYC about the Knicks. Knick fans are as bad as Kobe fans.
- i have a NY friend (thats of course crazy about the Knicks), dude told me once he didnt like the Heat because they cheated. im like cheated?? how did theycheat? he replied "they stacked the deck, they started signing all those good older players, thats cheating". i was like
roll.gif
you cant be serious.....but he was. so i say "what about all those guys theKnicks picked up", "plus yall hometown favorite Starbury", "what about that"?? he didnt have an answer.....

- in short its not just "for no reason" NY folks and Knick fans need to get over themselves and understand once they losethe attitude, feelings will start to change towards them.

So your basing that on your one friend who's a Knicks fan, great job analyzing an overall fan base.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I'll still be a Cavaliers fan, and LeBron James fan regardless of what happens. My only gripe is that New York, at the moment in time, won't have the cap space to sign LeBron in 2010.

The heck you talking about?? In the 2010 season we will have the cap space to give him a maxed-out contract.

Back
Top Bottom