Lebron took out an ad in the newspaper to thank....

YoungTriz wrote:
who in cleveland still likes lebron? i bet more people still got love for lebron in akron then in cleveland after the decision... with burnign jerseys billboards or what not around cleveland and how fast tehy turned their backs on him should he still show love?

Not necessarily though Triz. Check this:

Mon Aug 02 08:30am PDT
Akron marketing firm buys anti-LeBron billboard near his home

By Trey Kerby

ept_sports_nba_experts-96963657-1280762581.jpg

It has been nearly a month since we all watched our consensus favorite television program in the history of broadcast media — "The Decision." And while you might think that 25 days is enough time for Cleveland's anger towards LeBron James(notes) to subside a tiny bit, you would be unequivocally wrong. Those peeps are still mad. Really, really mad. We're talking angry billboard mad, which is one of the most intense forms of rage.

As you can see above, that rage manifested itself in a stark design usually reserved for signs advertising adult bookstores or bankruptcy info tapes. Nonetheless, the Omada Group took it upon itself to put LeBron in his place, which is apparently no longer Akron. NewsNet5's Curtis Jackson has the story.
The Omada Group, a marketing company in Akron, paid $3,000 for the billboard, which is on Route 18 eastbound between I-71 and I-77, about two miles from James' estate in Bath. The company paid about $3,000 for the billboard, which will be up for about a month.

Matthew Palumbo, one of the principals at the Omada Group, said he hopes the billboard sparks a grassroots campaign to let James know exactly where he stands in his home state since his decision to leave.

Look, I am not a marketing expert, nor am I an expert marketer. However, I'm pretty sure that grassroots campaigns don't usually start with massive billboards paid for by marketing companies. That's kind of the opposite of a grassroots campaign, and we should probably call it a treetop campaign because that is more accurate botanically.

That being said, the sentiments are a pretty nice zing, and I am an expert in those. I imagine LeBron not being able to call Akron his home will sting a little bit, considering he specifically mentioned that Akron would always be his home. Furthermore, he'll have a hard time shedding the "sidekick" tag, even if he goes out and averages a triple-double which is something that is scarily possible. Joining another alpha dog on his team is basically asking to be called Robin for the duration of your multi-million dollar contract. So it makes a lot of sense for Akron to heckle LeBron via billboard with those kind of taunts. Good work on that front.

But what doesn't make sense is crossing out "home." If this is supposed to be an angry billboard, then leaving the sentence as "Welcome LeBron" kind of misses the point. Unless Akron's just trying to be hospitable hosts by welcoming an opposing player, in which case, that is very nice of them.

Related: LeBron James

That was Akron people. Not Cleveland.

Oh and to the dude mentioning Omaha again...why? Nothing has ever come out of Omaha, good or bad
laugh.gif
. No major sports team having **%[email protected] have no right discussing sports.

YoungTriz wrote:
who in cleveland still likes lebron? i bet more people still got love for lebron in akron then in cleveland after the decision... with burnign jerseys billboards or what not around cleveland and how fast tehy turned their backs on him should he still show love?

Not necessarily though Triz. Check this:

Mon Aug 02 08:30am PDT
Akron marketing firm buys anti-LeBron billboard near his home

By Trey Kerby

ept_sports_nba_experts-96963657-1280762581.jpg

It has been nearly a month since we all watched our consensus favorite television program in the history of broadcast media — "The Decision." And while you might think that 25 days is enough time for Cleveland's anger towards LeBron James(notes) to subside a tiny bit, you would be unequivocally wrong. Those peeps are still mad. Really, really mad. We're talking angry billboard mad, which is one of the most intense forms of rage.

As you can see above, that rage manifested itself in a stark design usually reserved for signs advertising adult bookstores or bankruptcy info tapes. Nonetheless, the Omada Group took it upon itself to put LeBron in his place, which is apparently no longer Akron. NewsNet5's Curtis Jackson has the story.
The Omada Group, a marketing company in Akron, paid $3,000 for the billboard, which is on Route 18 eastbound between I-71 and I-77, about two miles from James' estate in Bath. The company paid about $3,000 for the billboard, which will be up for about a month.

Matthew Palumbo, one of the principals at the Omada Group, said he hopes the billboard sparks a grassroots campaign to let James know exactly where he stands in his home state since his decision to leave.

Look, I am not a marketing expert, nor am I an expert marketer. However, I'm pretty sure that grassroots campaigns don't usually start with massive billboards paid for by marketing companies. That's kind of the opposite of a grassroots campaign, and we should probably call it a treetop campaign because that is more accurate botanically.

That being said, the sentiments are a pretty nice zing, and I am an expert in those. I imagine LeBron not being able to call Akron his home will sting a little bit, considering he specifically mentioned that Akron would always be his home. Furthermore, he'll have a hard time shedding the "sidekick" tag, even if he goes out and averages a triple-double which is something that is scarily possible. Joining another alpha dog on his team is basically asking to be called Robin for the duration of your multi-million dollar contract. So it makes a lot of sense for Akron to heckle LeBron via billboard with those kind of taunts. Good work on that front.

But what doesn't make sense is crossing out "home." If this is supposed to be an angry billboard, then leaving the sentence as "Welcome LeBron" kind of misses the point. Unless Akron's just trying to be hospitable hosts by welcoming an opposing player, in which case, that is very nice of them.

Related: LeBron James

That was Akron people. Not Cleveland.

Oh and to the dude mentioning Omaha again...why? Nothing has ever come out of Omaha, good or bad
laugh.gif
. No major sports team having **%[email protected] have no right discussing sports.

laugh.gif
people still sticking up for this *+!#%@%$%? I'll admit, i was tired of all the cavs fans talking wreckless for the last 2 years, but I just feel bad now. Didn't these same fans pay for a bill board for him? The same ones who made that song? (
laugh.gif
). Dude dumped on Cleveland during that 1 hr special, now he's saying a bigger F U to those fans? Harsh

laugh.gif
people still sticking up for this *+!#%@%$%? I'll admit, i was tired of all the cavs fans talking wreckless for the last 2 years, but I just feel bad now. Didn't these same fans pay for a bill board for him? The same ones who made that song? (
laugh.gif
). Dude dumped on Cleveland during that 1 hr special, now he's saying a bigger F U to those fans? Harsh

By mid-season only Cleveland will care. Really, who cares if Cleveland, or Ohio for that matter, is upset? His ad should have just said "Thanks Cleveland for not letting me get a Staph infection or depression."

By mid-season only Cleveland will care. Really, who cares if Cleveland, or Ohio for that matter, is upset? His ad should have just said "Thanks Cleveland for not letting me get a Staph infection or depression."

I understand that LeBron didn't have to thank Cleveland or the state (remember, people from Cleveland weren't the only ones that went to Cavs games, people would come from all over the state to watch him) for that matter. My thing with this %%+%* is, why does he have this terrible attitude towards this area?

People sold out the Q every game to cheer this dude, didn't air him out on his attitude and crass behavior to the public, covered up for him, chanted mvp, tried to beat up Stevenson in Tower City
laugh.gif
, wore his apparel, gave him privacy and space, attended his events, blew him up nationally, all kinds of #%$#.

So my thing is, why not be thankful, why not show some humility and decency? Why not? Cause he is a !!%@$%% $+#*#$@ who I hope doesn't enjoy the success HE believes he deserves. I hope everything he want to go right, go left, you feeel me?

I understand that LeBron didn't have to thank Cleveland or the state (remember, people from Cleveland weren't the only ones that went to Cavs games, people would come from all over the state to watch him) for that matter. My thing with this %%+%* is, why does he have this terrible attitude towards this area?

People sold out the Q every game to cheer this dude, didn't air him out on his attitude and crass behavior to the public, covered up for him, chanted mvp, tried to beat up Stevenson in Tower City
laugh.gif
, wore his apparel, gave him privacy and space, attended his events, blew him up nationally, all kinds of #%$#.

So my thing is, why not be thankful, why not show some humility and decency? Why not? Cause he is a !!%@$%% $+#*#$@ who I hope doesn't enjoy the success HE believes he deserves. I hope everything he want to go right, go left, you feeel me?

You Cleveland cats are a real sensitive bunch
laugh.gif

agold1002, dope sig...too bad all of those teams are trash

You Cleveland cats are a real sensitive bunch
laugh.gif

agold1002, dope sig...too bad all of those teams are trash

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

You'd be surprised man... I go to the Univ. of Akron and man ATON of people just hate him...  He's not very liked in Akron anymore either...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

You'd be surprised man... I go to the Univ. of Akron and man ATON of people just hate him...  He's not very liked in Akron anymore either...

Why should he thank cleveland fans....Cle fans boo'd him when he left

Lebron fans that lived in Cleveland should be appreciated tho

Why should he thank cleveland fans....Cle fans boo'd him when he left

Lebron fans that lived in Cleveland should be appreciated tho

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by RKO2004

So how can LeBron repair his image after all this?
There Is No Way.
Wrong. Public memory is short. Once he starts winning, that'll become the topic of discussion. Not this. Well, only to Cavs fans. The rest of us will move on, of course.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by RKO2004

So how can LeBron repair his image after all this?
There Is No Way.
Wrong. Public memory is short. Once he starts winning, that'll become the topic of discussion. Not this. Well, only to Cavs fans. The rest of us will move on, of course.

Back
Top Bottom