Michael Vick is the best player in the league right now.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by gambit215

Phillip Rivers is NO WHERE near top 5 QB's,

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Hon. Mention (Josh Freeman, A. Rodgers)

As of 11/16 anyway...................

Some of yall need to get off that Rivers Bandwagon, Eli and Ben got a chip over him (Same Class), always chokes in the playoffs (1 AFC title appearance), and yea you can go undefeated in December every year but its gonna catch up to you sooner. He just doesnt have that winning spirit a QB is supposed to have........

BTW its easy to rack up 300 YDS a week running a west coast offense.

Even I gotta co-sign this.
laugh.gif

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

Some of yall need to get off that Rivers Bandwagon, Eli and Ben got a chip over him (Same Class), always chokes in the playoffs (1 AFC title appearance), and yea you can go undefeated in December every year but its gonna catch up to you sooner. He just doesnt have that winning spirit a QB is supposed to have........

laugh.gif

UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
Did this dude really say Sanchez Rivers isn't one of the best QBs in the league?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This thread is becoming one of the worst I have ever participated in. 
30t6p3b.gif

UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
Did this dude really say Sanchez Rivers isn't one of the best QBs in the league?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This thread is becoming one of the worst I have ever participated in. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

laugh.gif
Ditto. Aaron Rodgers is Top 5

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Vick
Manning
Brady
Brees
Sanchez

laugh.gif
Ditto. Aaron Rodgers is Top 5

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

GAMBIT KILL YOURSELF.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Learn to read..............SERIOUSLY

Cats wanna blow up, a PIECE of what I said and want to start Flaming, go ahead I bet you Sanchez makes it farther in the playoffs than, Your god Rivers...........

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

GAMBIT KILL YOURSELF.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Learn to read..............SERIOUSLY

Cats wanna blow up, a PIECE of what I said and want to start Flaming, go ahead I bet you Sanchez makes it farther in the playoffs than, Your god Rivers...........

It's bad enough he said Rivers isnt top 5.

But then he said Rivers is NOWHERE NEAR top 5.

And if that wasnt bad enough, he listed Sanchez and Freeman as being better right now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's bad enough he said Rivers isnt top 5.

But then he said Rivers is NOWHERE NEAR top 5.

And if that wasnt bad enough, he listed Sanchez and Freeman as being better right now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by S4L3

But best player? Come on now.
People were saying he was one of the best before he went to jail.
And those people were 'tards, Mike Vick was very average before he went to jail...

I agree though, he has finally reached his potential and this is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY scary for the rest of the league.  I don't even think there is a team in the NFC that is close to being as good as the Eagles right now.
Exactly, he wasn't the best anything before jail.
roll.gif

But he has been putting it together in Philly's system.

really? He wasnt the best at anything? Sounds like pure hater to me.

you guys really thought Vick was "very average" before he went to jail? MV7 was anything but average, and def not very average.
I know you dudes liked to hate on Vick about throwing back then, but even without throwing the ball he took over the game.
He made defenses suffer. He changed the game. They had to create new defensive schemes just to try to contain him.

I don't see why dudes just cant admit that he was an above average quarterback just off legs alone. And as others have mentioned, those last two years
Vick's accuracy had improved, but his receivers had way too many drops.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:

S4L3 wrote:

Now that he has the legs and the accuracy....yeah I'd say he's the best..

Exactly.

Ya'll forget EASY. Dude was THE most exciting player in the league. He was the only reason Falcons fans (me included) continued to pay attention to the games.

Vick jerseys couldn't stay on shelves.

This was his Kobe 81 points.

tired.gif

Winning on the road in the playoffs @ Lambeau > This

Ya'll forget EASY.

Yeah that was heartbreaking. The Pack had worked hard all year to get a 12-4 record(shouldve been 14-2 that year), only for Vick to come to Lambeau, and go crazy.
He had GB missing takles all over the place. In the snow. Lets not forget how he torched the Vikings at the end of OT to win the game.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by S4L3

And those people were 'tards, Mike Vick was very average before he went to jail...

I agree though, he has finally reached his potential and this is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY scary for the rest of the league.  I don't even think there is a team in the NFC that is close to being as good as the Eagles right now.
Exactly, he wasn't the best anything before jail.
roll.gif

But he has been putting it together in Philly's system.

really? He wasnt the best at anything? Sounds like pure hater to me.

you guys really thought Vick was "very average" before he went to jail? MV7 was anything but average, and def not very average.
I know you dudes liked to hate on Vick about throwing back then, but even without throwing the ball he took over the game.
He made defenses suffer. He changed the game. They had to create new defensive schemes just to try to contain him.

I don't see why dudes just cant admit that he was an above average quarterback just off legs alone. And as others have mentioned, those last two years
Vick's accuracy had improved, but his receivers had way too many drops.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:

S4L3 wrote:

Now that he has the legs and the accuracy....yeah I'd say he's the best..

Exactly.

Ya'll forget EASY. Dude was THE most exciting player in the league. He was the only reason Falcons fans (me included) continued to pay attention to the games.

Vick jerseys couldn't stay on shelves.

This was his Kobe 81 points.

tired.gif

Winning on the road in the playoffs @ Lambeau > This

Ya'll forget EASY.

Yeah that was heartbreaking. The Pack had worked hard all year to get a 12-4 record(shouldve been 14-2 that year), only for Vick to come to Lambeau, and go crazy.
He had GB missing takles all over the place. In the snow. Lets not forget how he torched the Vikings at the end of OT to win the game.

...talkin about where he was a couple of years ago...after a couple bruised ribs...Vick might be runnin to the big show this year...

...talkin about where he was a couple of years ago...after a couple bruised ribs...Vick might be runnin to the big show this year...

Man I do not like Rivers at all, but he is a very good QB.  But if you are going on wins only, that bodes well for the QBs that I like so
grin.gif

Man I do not like Rivers at all, but he is a very good QB.  But if you are going on wins only, that bodes well for the QBs that I like so
grin.gif

I dont know about Vick being the best right now. He's definitely up there but I cant give someone that title after just 4 impressive starts. I mean, it'd be like an NBA player...lets say Eric Gordon, has a great start to the season through 20 games and averages 30, 8, 8. Is he really the best in the league or are other guys who've proven their ability over longer periods of time (like LeBron, Kobe, etc) that are probably better?

The same goes with Vick...he's been great for 4 games but he hasnt shown us yet that he can do this for an entire season or for several seasons in a row. If Vick continues playing like this until the end of the season then perhaps one can make a legit case for him being the best in the league but right not I think these claims are premature due to the very small sample size.

I'm wondering if this is ESPN's hype machine at its best again. Anyone remember the season Vick broke his leg in pre-season, he missed like 80% of the regular season, came back and played 2 good games and ESPN were discussing him as a potential MVP candidate?
laugh.gif
Actually the difference between now and Vick earlier this decade is that now Vick is actually putting up great numbers where as back then he was putting up great running numbers with mediocre passing numbers. He is well worth the hype right now.

Vick looks like he's gonna be an amazing QB. I thought he was extremely over-rated as a Falcon (crappy passer, relied on running too much) but now everything looks like its coming together and he's becoming a complete QB that can throw, can make the right decisions and can create plays on his feet when nothing else is available. I wish him all the best.

I dont know about Vick being the best right now. He's definitely up there but I cant give someone that title after just 4 impressive starts. I mean, it'd be like an NBA player...lets say Eric Gordon, has a great start to the season through 20 games and averages 30, 8, 8. Is he really the best in the league or are other guys who've proven their ability over longer periods of time (like LeBron, Kobe, etc) that are probably better?

The same goes with Vick...he's been great for 4 games but he hasnt shown us yet that he can do this for an entire season or for several seasons in a row. If Vick continues playing like this until the end of the season then perhaps one can make a legit case for him being the best in the league but right not I think these claims are premature due to the very small sample size.

I'm wondering if this is ESPN's hype machine at its best again. Anyone remember the season Vick broke his leg in pre-season, he missed like 80% of the regular season, came back and played 2 good games and ESPN were discussing him as a potential MVP candidate?
laugh.gif
Actually the difference between now and Vick earlier this decade is that now Vick is actually putting up great numbers where as back then he was putting up great running numbers with mediocre passing numbers. He is well worth the hype right now.

Vick looks like he's gonna be an amazing QB. I thought he was extremely over-rated as a Falcon (crappy passer, relied on running too much) but now everything looks like its coming together and he's becoming a complete QB that can throw, can make the right decisions and can create plays on his feet when nothing else is available. I wish him all the best.

^ your NBA example reminded me of dudes sayin' Monta Ellis was gonna win the scoring title this year.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom