NFL Conference Championship In Review....

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

3rd and 15 at the goal line is fluky now? They had the TE run a cross from left to right in the middle of the field which drew the safety over the top in slightly, and Manninghan took a slight slept left to create space, then caught a pass going to his right in a tight window....nothing fluky about that pass, that's what we've seen all season long.
And Alex put it in perfect spots for VD to catch the ball, nothing busted about the coverage there, its not like VD was all alone, there were still 2 defenders in the area. 

Ha, ha...A writer for the Baltimore Sun said Ed Reed didn't answer any questions after the game but instead sang Teddy Pendergrass' Love TKO...Lyrics are kinda telling...

Lookin' back over my years
I guessed, I've shed some tears
Told myself time and time again
This time I'm gonna win

But another fight, things ain't right
I'm losin' again
Takes a fool to lose twice
And start all over again

Link
here.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........

Are you sure that was coming from a good portion of the 49ers fans or just 1 fan in particular??
Not you Duece, you cool peoples.
Just reading around in general, especially on espn with the live comments I've been seeing, the word "gift wrap" and "fluke" been floating around too much, its like people have never watched an intense defensive football game before.

No doubt.  I hear ya.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........and the GMen defense played on their level like I thought they would.

Want to talk about gifts, the 49ers only scored on two blown coverage's on the only player the GMEN had to worry about. We don't care who your backup is, we have backups playing the CB position, do you hear any of us crying about those plays? Dude got a clean strip on special teams....the exact same thing your team did vs the Saints, was that gift wrapped as well?

Your team lost the game, and this game came down to QB play, and Alex Smith did absolutely nothing outside of those two plays....NOTHING. I respect your defense but stop, your team is not head and shoulders better than the GMEN right now, nor were they in the first game earlier this year.
Eli had 1 drive against the niners D where they marched down from their end of the field that resulted in a TD,  and took him 58 throws to top 300 yds.  Niners D didnt stop him but they did a great job limiting Eli and the giants offense.
And dont act like the niners TDs were fluky cause they werent, if they were the Giants TDs were fluky too.  Navarro missed assignment on Pascoe and Manningham on our 4th DB. 

There was no missed assigment. The coverage was solid and Eli went with his final option - Bear Pascoe who blocks 98% of the time. The Giants O-line gave Eli nearly four seconds to throw, and as the seconds tick, opportunities open up. The Manningham TD was ALL Manning - threw a laser (an ugly laser, but a laser nonetheless) into the endzone between a CB and Safety.

Throughout the entire game, Eli had no choice but to throw into a secondary that was emphatically focused on the throwing game due to the Niners' ability to stop the Giants' run. In fact, the Giants' running game was almost a non-factor since the Giants have been on this streak with the exception of the Falcons game (a game won by the Giants' D). 58 passes, no INTs, in terrible QB weather.

I wouldn't go as far as calling the two VD plays a 'fluke' because VD made them happen, but the first TD was not intended to be a scoring play - much like how Victor Cruz made those amazing plays for the Giants throughout the entire season. Well thrown ball and excellent catch - but it was a big play that Smith never built on. Manning and Cruz were on a Stockton/Malone tip at the end of the 2nd quarter, and with no running game in the second, i'm shocked there was no INT by the Niners D.

Giants won, 49ers lost.

Giants are in the Superbowl, 49ers are not.

The End.

Well, after reading all the arguments, I'm covinced Tom Brady is the Greatest QB ever.

laugh.gif

^^
Im just saying dont find excuses as to why the niners scored on the giants D, i could do the same thing with how the giants scored. And post plays I hope are intended to be TD plays, especially when you have a play maker in  VD matched up against Rolle.

.....and the 49ers rushed 5 on that 3rd and 15, pressure did not faze him, kept his eyes down field and checked Manningham as a last option and slinged it to the only spot.

its not like VD was all alone, there were still 2 defenders in the area.

VD had one on one on the left side and the safety help over the top was nowhere to be found, he was in no mans land in the middle of the field and did not react to anyone....again, blown assignment.

Point is if the word gift wrap wants to be thrown around, especially when the 49ers lost in the same manner the the 49ers won the week prior, don't act like your team did not have breaks as well.

I feel like some of you $#%%#%%%@@#%% are in on something, just trying to tempt me into this discussion.  Screw ya'll.   
laugh.gif

Ya'll in here talkin like Peyton does work in the postseason and we "forgot"  I ain't forget a damn thing. 

Teams win @#$% when it come to other QB's, but when you wanna talk about Manning, you wanna pretend like it wasn't the fact that Freeney/Mathis and glass Bob Sanders finally stayed healthy and showed out, while Manning sucked a big fat one all postseason long that year. 

But when Ben, Brady or Eli win, oh it's their defense, or kicker or some *$#@. 
eyes.gif

Yeah, I see you dudes, I see you. 

No matter what happens in 2 weeks, both those QB's walk off the field with better postseason resumes and still time on their clocks.  Peyton, not so much. 

Speakin of resumes, he'll need his handy, cuz he'll be out lookin for a job in 6 weeks. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I feel like some of you $#%%#%%%@@#%% are in on something, just trying to tempt me into this discussion.  Screw ya'll.   
laugh.gif

Ya'll in here talkin like Peyton does work in the postseason and we "forgot"  I ain't forget a damn thing. 

Teams win @#$% when it come to other QB's, but when you wanna talk about Manning, you wanna pretend like it wasn't the fact that Freeney/Mathis and glass Bob Sanders finally stayed healthy and showed out, while Manning sucked a big fat one all postseason long that year. 

But when Ben, Brady or Eli win, oh it's their defense, or kicker or some *$#@. 
eyes.gif

Yeah, I see you dudes, I see you. 

No matter what happens in 2 weeks, both those QB's walk off the field with better postseason resumes and still time on their clocks.  Peyton, not so much. 

Speakin of resumes, he'll need his handy, cuz he'll be out lookin for a job in 6 weeks. 
laugh.gif
5ed1534572ee6c98a84c6a621997e31d5dd40bc_r.gif

CP speaks the gospel.   

don't forget he doesn't play in a dome either. figuratively and literally.

faces the harsher elements over and over again. and the most brutal media and fans in the country.

you read through this thread and thnk tha the giants are some scrub pee wee squad and the 9'ers are some straight Juggernaut. stop it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Speakin of resumes, he'll need his handy, cuz he'll be out lookin for a job in 6 weeks
laugh.gif

He already has a job.............

ViewMedia

That is one thing that Thomas hasn't done yet. Yes he did a good job getting into position to kick a FG, but he hasn't gone all the way down the field while losing to throw a game winning TD on the biggest stage (Joe, Eli or Ben style). Plus being tied and having the ball last is different than being down and getting it one last time. That is one thing missing...not a huge thing since he sill won but it would be cool and good for him to do. Get that 'forever' highlite. Joe seems to have quite a few of those

Mez, you are my dude, but you are delusional right now.

The biggest moments/plays in the entire game were

1) Kyle Williams fumble #1
2) Kyle Williams fumble #2
3) Ahmad Bradshaw's fumble that was ridiculously ruled to be down by forward progress.

How you can say this game wasnt "gift wrapped" is absolutely ridiculous.

Im sort of expecting some kind of "The Giants are in the Superbowl and the 49ers arent" type response, which I cant argue with.  But to say the Niners didnt give the game away is simply inaccurate.

.....and the 49ers rushed 5 on that 3rd and 15, pressure did not faze him, kept his eyes down field and checked Manningham as a last option and slinged it to the only spot.

VD had one on one on the left side and the safety help over the top was nowhere to be found, he was in no mans land in the middle of the field and did not react to anyone....again, blown assignment.

Point is if the word gift wrap wants to be thrown around, especially when the 49ers lost in the same manner the the 49ers won the week prior, don't act like your team did not have breaks as well.
Like I said you could make excuses all you want to as why the niners scored, and I could do the same thing with the Giants TDs.

A bone headed touch by Kyle Williams and a fumble in your own end, in OT are donations

Yall didn't give the game away we beat yall. It was our players that caused the last fumble. He didn't just up and drop the ball, this isn't the knee situation. We CAUSED the fumble and then recovered the ball. It's simple as that.

How can you say you gift wrapped anything when we made that happen?

Bradshaw didn't fumble, yall literally stopped his forward progress. Watch the play in real time and you can see him being pushed and pulled back causing him to lose the ball. The ball went out as he was going backwards. Nothing ridiculous about the call.

Was not a fumble, it his his leg when he should have not even been in the area, like mental lapses and boneheaded moves have never happened when the pressure is on? One bad play, not the deciding factor, GMEN held them to one successful play on 3rd down for the entire game.

2nd turnover, BALL WAS STRIPPED by the giants player, same way your same team did the week prior on several occasions. Not "gift wrapped".

The Bradshaw play is debatable, but this has been something that has gone on all season long with the quick whistles. Bradshaw was already moving backwards a few steps and the whistle was blown before the strip, you can't review that call the play was dead.
...and nobody is making excuses, I could give a rats **% and I made no mentions of those plays until now....ya'll the ones crying for some "closure" on the loss.

Youre right, the giant caused the fumble, but this bonehead williams didnt secure the ball correctly in his own end of the field in OT with five Gmen around him. I give the giants credit but williams is also to blame cause he tried switching arms which helped cause the fumble

Originally Posted by dland24

3) Ahmad Bradshaw's fumble that was ridiculously ruled to be down by forward progress.

Im sort of expecting some kind of "The Giants are in the Superbowl and the 49ers arent" type response, which I cant argue with.  But to say the Niners didnt give the game away is simply inaccurate.

I root for the Giants but dude is right. Eli played great, throwing the ball 50+ times w/o a mistake and taking some big hits. D played great other than that 73 td they gave up but Williams handed the Giants 10 pts you can't deny that. It came down to those mistakes.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

That is one thing that Thomas hasn't done yet. Yes he did a good job getting into position to kick a FG, but he hasn't gone all the way down the field while losing to throw a game winning TD on the biggest stage (Joe, Eli or Ben style). Plus being tied and having the ball last is different than being down and getting it one last time. That is one thing missing...not a huge thing since he sill won but it would be cool and good for him to do. Get that 'forever' highlite. Joe seems to have quite a few of those
Tom threw one to Randy Moss in the final 2+ minutes last time vs New York.  Eli just got that Tyree miracle to happen to one up Tom. 

Tom had the moment, Eli took it. 

Tom should have been getting consideration for being the GOAT. If he wins this he IS the GOAT.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by dland24

I root for the Giants but dude is right. Eli played great, throwing the ball 50+ times w/o a mistake and taking some big hits. D played great other than that 73 td they gave up but Williams handed the Giants 10 pts you can't deny that. It came down to those mistakes.

Thank you for taking your home team blinders off for a minute.

none of this era's QBs are as good as Elway, Marino & Montana.

different era's. no touching Wrs downfield , absolutely no more holding calls on the Oline in passing game.

these are flag football numbers

stop disrespecting the greatest QBs mannnn period

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Regardless of what he does, Eli will never be better than Peyton.
Spoken like a true Jets fan
laugh.gif

Word, the same Jets fan who picked the Giants to be in the Super Bowl at the start of the playoffs.  Eli will never be better than Peyton, he doesn't have one regular season that could remotely compare to Peyton.  Peyton has 4 MVP's, it's not a discussion to be honest.

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

Joe Montana Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards  TDs Int  Rate   Results

83      122    68%  1,142  11    0   127.8   4-0

Tom Brady Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards   TDs  Int  Rate   Results

100    155   64%   1,001    7      1    95.4    3-1

Not bad Brady but you ain't Joe... Also, Joe won his rings with his arm. His Superbowl highlights show him slinging TD's not some kicker kicking FGs. I'm a Brady fan too.
smile.gif

Word, cause 4 games played in different era's, verses different levels of competition, means everything in terms of their careers.  People who make NBA Finals/Super Bowls the be all and end all are very shortsighted and rather clueless to be honest.

Brady has a higher QB rating, more TD and soon to be more yards in significantly less games.  I'll take the 160+ regular seasons to mean more than the 4 super bowl games to mean more, especially when you consider the fact that they are both extremely successful in the playoffs.

In one game, anything can happen, luck has a huge influence on leacies.  For instance that missed FG yesterday, or the fumbles, who's clutch and who's not clutch is often just a matter of a couple of points or inches. But sustained excellence? You can't fake that and Brady will end up being statistically superior to Montana.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Down by 4, he led the team on a 80 yard TD drive late in the 4th quarter. Problem was they left too much time on the clock for Eli (like 2:45 or something around there) and the rest is history. Only reason I'm mentioning this is because if Eli's drive hadn't gone the way it did...we'd be talking about that 'forever' highlite you mentioned.

The finish to the Giants/Pats game this season wrapped up in the same fashion too.

EDIT: Didn't see CP's last post in the previous page...he said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom