No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone. It just ends up looking bad on their part. Just because you pay for something doesn't give you end all rights to that service. A refund and then some was offered. They basically wanted 4 people kicked off the flight. Considering that it's private property, non compliance should not earn him a paycheck.

It's not the non compliance that's "earning" him a paycheck it's the way the process was carried out. They had the option to continue to increase the incentive but whomever was in charge made the executive decision that they had raised it high enough and rolled the dice and came to the conclusion that the 69 year old doctor needed to get off by any means necessary.

They made the wrong decision and here comes the consequences

they should've had a live auction, keep upping da cash till someone bit.

I just wonder why dude can't sue.

I'd put up an endless fight.

United pockets are deeper than yours. You'd eventually run out of money of they dragged it out.

nah, after da video went viral, u got lawyers knocking down doors to do this pro bono for that guaranteed check.

I read somewhere that the ceo is not making a full apology cuz to do so is just admitting fault and just makes him vulnerable to a lawsuit and to take a big, huge effing hit.

But to not issue a full apology makes him look like an *** and is a PR disaster, and he will take a hit anyway

Interesting catch 22

he apologized already...too lil too late, worst PR disaster in a lonnnng time, Pepsi completely old news now :lol:

customer service in general is in the dumps

companies want to charge the most money for doing the least in terms of service/quality

MF Gooze thinks it's a privilege, not a right, to stay on a flight that you paid for even if you are doing nothing wrong. Damn selfish and entitled customers :smh:

technically it is a privilege, but compensation should've been upped till someone bit, no questions asked.

They offered compensation.

I wonder how many of yall really run this e-tough talk with the police :lol:  

it obviously wasnt enough

offer more.

yep.

Both the cop involved and united airlines are both responsible
First you don't just take someone off the flight after they boarded, crew members should have figured everything out beforehand
Second the cop can't defend his actions after he was suspended and condoned by the Chicago aviation
It would be interesting to see the different accounts of the passengers and the cops before the video was released right after the incident

Last edited:
First you don't just take someone off the flight after they boarded, crew members should have figured everything out beforehand
Second the cop can't defend his actions after he was suspended and confined by the Chicago aviation
It would be interesting to see the different accounts of the passengers and the cops before the video was released right after the incident
Happens all the time, nothing is for certain until wheels are up. If you think the airline is gonna take a hit and miss a crew then you are sadly mistaken. Planes in the air is what matters, they can put people on other flights.

Lol I find it completely hilarious that people defend united by saying they were just following their rules. Like there weren't rules back in the day that segregated the POC from the white. Regardless if they were following their rules, it doesn't make any of this right or excuse any of their actions.

Second the cop can't defend his actions after he was suspended and confined by the Chicago aviation
Happens all the time, nothing is for certain until wheels are up. If you think the airline is gonna take a hit and miss a crew then you are sadly mistaken. Planes in the air is what matters, they can put people on other flights.

You're saying that like they couldnt buy flights for other airlines for their employees??

Totally agree with that but when an incident like this gets that this much attention you can't defend it well enough to end this pr disaster

Buying flights on other airlines for their employees [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Wow might've been the smartest thing said all day

Just because you can legally do something, doesn't mean you should. United might have been in their legal rights to evict someone, but they are morally wrong. Nobody, in this country, should ever be beaten and removed from a plane, if they aren't a threat or bothering anyone. Imagine being on a subway, or a bus, and being beaten and removed to sit some employees. Smh. Where I live, we have no choice but to fly to go anywhere. Last 2 trips were united. That's not happening again.

:lol: everyone has a solution when they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm sure all of yall could run an airline much better than they can... Reminds of people that yell at the TV telling pro athletes what they should be doing.

So it's ok to beat some up when you made the mistake?

Famb that's what he has been getting at the entire time.

:lol: everyone has a solution when they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm sure all of yall could run an airline much better than they can... Reminds of people that yell at the TV telling pro athletes what they should be doing.

Considering how they lost a ****ton of money on this move...yes I think I can. All you're saying is that this was the best option & outcome, something the majority of people disagree with.

Last edited:
I have said numerous times the officer handled his part of all this very poorly. Shouldn't have busted the dude up while removing him from the plane.

Considering how they lost a ****ton of money on this move...yes I think I can.
You obviously haven't been reading if you think that's what I've been getting at.

Last edited:
I have said numerous times the officer handled his part of all this very poorly. Shouldn't have busted the dude up while removing him from the plane.
You obviously haven't been reading if you think that's what I've been getting at.
no. We all get what you're saying. We just don't like/agree with it.

I run a restaurant. I have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. I have the legal right to kick someone out, even if they paid. Doesn't mean I beat the crap out of one of my customers, because we are full and someone else needs a seat.

I bet you guys don't like us goin against ure Corporate laws. Y'all some funny *** crooks.

no. We all get what you're saying. We just don't like/agree with it.

I run a restaurant. I have the legal right to refuse service to anyone. I have the legal right to kick someone out, even if they paid. Doesn't mean I beat the crap out of one of my customers, because we are full and someone else needs a seat.
Okay if a United employee did that then the entire situation would be wrong but if you call the cops on someone that refuses to leave your restaurant but the cop goes overboard and bashes his face is that your fault?

I bet you guys don't like us goin against ure Corporate laws. Y'all some funny *** crooks.
:lol: exactly what corporate laws are you going against?

Last edited:

Considering how they lost a ****ton of money on this move...yes I think I can.

I actually got you confused for another poster. Regardless, I don't agree with anything you posted.

Can you just imagine the outrage if you're all spiffed up for your hot date. You're already seated at your table, with your date.

*scratches record

Oh wait no, you can't use that table. My employee needs that table so he can eat. That way he'd be able to work tomorrow morning.

Heads will roll son :rofl:

That's if he called the cops on him for paying his bill ahead of time but he didn't plan correctly and now needed that table for an employee. He created that entire situation that brought in the cop in a non criminal scenario and should be liable.

Okay if a United employee did that then the entire situation would be wrong but if you call the cops on someone that refuses to leave your restaurant but the cop goes overboard and bashes his face is that your fault?
:lol: exactly what corporate laws are you going against?
yes, yes it is. If someone gets injured in the restaurant, I am the one ultimately responsible. That's why we carry liability insurance. While it's within my legal rights to evict a customer, and it's within the cops right to beat a customer who does not follow his lawful order, I'm smart enough to not allow him to beat the crap out of the person in a full restaurant. I definetly wouldn't expect to be in business long.

when will america stop abusing POC then digging up dirt on them to justify the actions later? when will people stop co-signing this? should be a ban-able offense on NT imo

Back
Top Bottom