non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.
would that make my opinion less important? for the record, im not black. ill give you a hint to what i am ... MECKS
i never said its damaging to the black community. i said hes taking advantage of the community, s in his black audience.

sounds like you are being racist, sir.

WSHH is more prominent than a distribution deal through lionsgate 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

show me one video on world star hip hop that 70 million people have seen.

world star hip hop and tyler perry do not belong in the same sentence. he "creates" content, while WSHH exploits it.

yeah. i quoted myself
what does this clip tell you ? 

1. All black men only want sex.

2. They cant speak english correctly

3. They are obnoxious and loud.

4. They dont have jobs

5. They eat hot sauce with everything

6. They are disrespectful

7. They all want to be rappers

hey but thats funny, and it sends a message huh?

for most part, i've heard his movies have received positive reviews but i've never seen any of em nor do I plan to just b/c they don't really appeal to me.

for most part, i've heard his movies have received positive reviews but i've never seen any of em nor do I plan to just b/c they don't really appeal to me.

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

co-sign its disgusting, his movies remind me of lex luger beats
sick.gif
. gears his movies to single stressed black women, sorta like http://twitter.com/iRespectFemales < simp the women. saying and showing stuff they want to hear make them feel powerful.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .im cryin bruh,

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

sick.gif
. gears his movies to single stressed black women, sorta like http://twitter.com/iRespectFemales < simp the women. saying and showing stuff they want to hear make them feel powerful.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 .im cryin bruh,

Originally Posted by jonwin

which one exactly???
[h1]Daddy's Little Girls (2007)[/h1]
tomatometer
27%
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 52
Fresh: 14 | Rotten: 38
[h1]Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005)[/h1]
tomatometer
16%
Average Rating: 3.9/10
Reviews Counted: 109
Fresh: 17 | Rotten: 92

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/tyler_perry/

Originally Posted by jonwin

which one exactly???
[h1]Daddy's Little Girls (2007)[/h1]
tomatometer
27%
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 52
Fresh: 14 | Rotten: 38
[h1]Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005)[/h1]
tomatometer
16%
Average Rating: 3.9/10
Reviews Counted: 109
Fresh: 17 | Rotten: 92

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/tyler_perry/

Parents dragged me to see one of the Madea ones, can't remember which. I didn't laugh or crack a smile once. Just sat there thinking to myself, "How do people enjoy this?" It was all just bad Black jokes and terrible acting. Half of it was like a serious story too with Derek Luke. I'll never look at him the same anymore.

Parents dragged me to see one of the Madea ones, can't remember which. I didn't laugh or crack a smile once. Just sat there thinking to myself, "How do people enjoy this?" It was all just bad Black jokes and terrible acting. Half of it was like a serious story too with Derek Luke. I'll never look at him the same anymore.

I'm african american.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that guy is lame and its funnier cause he is so srs but i suspect that he is gay

I'm african american.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that guy is lame and its funnier cause he is so srs but i suspect that he is gay

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
So white people dont do this with their stereotypical movies?  Dumb blonds....Drunk dudes doing stupid stuff and so on?
Everybody always says stereotypical when it comes to minorities, but nobody says it when it comes to white folks.

Son you aren't serious. Drunk dudes doing stupid stuff are running our country. George W. Bush
http://articles.cnn.com/2...police?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Being stereotyped as a dumb blond doesn't compare to being a ghetto gun wielding black grandmother.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

So white people dont do this with their stereotypical movies?  Dumb blonds....Drunk dudes doing stupid stuff and so on?
Everybody always says stereotypical when it comes to minorities, but nobody says it when it comes to white folks.

Son you aren't serious. Drunk dudes doing stupid stuff are running our country. George W. Bush
http://articles.cnn.com/2...police?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Being stereotyped as a dumb blond doesn't compare to being a ghetto gun wielding black grandmother.
30t6p3b.gif

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany

i know youre not srs and just advocating for the devil but(and in no way am i comparing the two individuals) there are certain people who dismiss hitlers demonic actions because of the a few certain good things his regine did for germany

I'm african american.

Agreed.  Nothing about any of his movies is positive at all for the black community.  We don't need Tyler Perry or anybody like him trying to represent us.  At the end of the day no matter how much "good" he attempts to do a guy like him is cancer for us and he does way more bad than good.

I'm african american.

Agreed.  Nothing about any of his movies is positive at all for the black community.  We don't need Tyler Perry or anybody like him trying to represent us.  At the end of the day no matter how much "good" he attempts to do a guy like him is cancer for us and he does way more bad than good.

dude is trash , he reaches to much .

im not black but it seems like everything he does is forced.

dude is trash , he reaches to much .

im not black but it seems like everything he does is forced.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

Indeed.....but what makes TP any different than Hip-Hop artists/Rappers who use their lyrics glorify violence, drug dealing, degradation of women?
Are they not are both entertainers?.. creators of images and stereotypes of a community?
why is TP given so much grief, while that subset is given a pass?... I honestly don't understand

and for the record. I've not seen any of TP's movies...only snippets, but never enough to capture my attention and make me want to sit for the whole thing.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Worldstarhiphop doesn't produce those videos...they just exploit them. The same videos can be found on Youtube....yet no one blames youtube...

I hate when people try to blame WSHH for how black folks act... its all entertainment.

I dont mind what Tyler Perry does, George Lopez did the same thing when he had his own sitcom.... exerted the stereotypes of Mexicans... I found it to be funny -shrugs-

You gotta be kidding with this post. Just gotta be.

You can't be this stupid.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Worldstarhiphop doesn't produce those videos...they just exploit them. The same videos can be found on Youtube....yet no one blames youtube...

I hate when people try to blame WSHH for how black folks act... its all entertainment.

I dont mind what Tyler Perry does, George Lopez did the same thing when he had his own sitcom.... exerted the stereotypes of Mexicans... I found it to be funny -shrugs-

You gotta be kidding with this post. Just gotta be.

You can't be this stupid.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom