non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

I'm aware of his films but never really watched one because the content doesn't seem to be anything that I'm interested in.

I'm aware of his films but never really watched one because the content doesn't seem to be anything that I'm interested in.

When will black people realize that most of the world doesn't give a damn about their tv shows and movies. Except for Friday.

When will black people realize that most of the world doesn't give a damn about their tv shows and movies. Except for Friday.

Never seen any of the movies, or the t.v. show he's got. I will give him credit though for puttin' people to work and makin' some loot, but to put out buffoonery at the cost of your people, no thanks.

Although I find it funny on some late night talk shows will parody his movie trailers... "Starring: Tyler Perry, Screenplay by: Tyler Perry, Soundtrack by: Tyler Perry, Make-up/wardrobe by: Tyler Perry...." lolz.

Never seen any of the movies, or the t.v. show he's got. I will give him credit though for puttin' people to work and makin' some loot, but to put out buffoonery at the cost of your people, no thanks.

Although I find it funny on some late night talk shows will parody his movie trailers... "Starring: Tyler Perry, Screenplay by: Tyler Perry, Soundtrack by: Tyler Perry, Make-up/wardrobe by: Tyler Perry...." lolz.

I went to watch Madea's Big Happy Family today and I thought it was horrible. Every joke seemed so forced and Bow Wow is a terrible actor lol.

Why did I get married is probably my favorite Tyler Perry movie. Everything else is garbage.

I went to watch Madea's Big Happy Family today and I thought it was horrible. Every joke seemed so forced and Bow Wow is a terrible actor lol.

Why did I get married is probably my favorite Tyler Perry movie. Everything else is garbage.

I'm white and have never seen one of his movies. I think that is the case for most white people. However I feel his trailers and ads are everywhere. Those give you a 30 second snippet of his work which stereotypes and and makes African Americans seem stupid. His movies might have a poignant message but that's not revealed in a television ad during prime time television. Whites mAy not be his target demographic and they will probably never be exposed to a full film but the small portion they are exposed to enforces a negative stereotype. I'm sure he is employing a few people but at the cost of the majority.

As fOr the comparison to wshh I think that's an unfair one as 99% of white people would never visit a site like that. Their content maybe ten times as damaging but their exposure into white culture is minuscule compared to Tyler perrys.

I'm white and have never seen one of his movies. I think that is the case for most white people. However I feel his trailers and ads are everywhere. Those give you a 30 second snippet of his work which stereotypes and and makes African Americans seem stupid. His movies might have a poignant message but that's not revealed in a television ad during prime time television. Whites mAy not be his target demographic and they will probably never be exposed to a full film but the small portion they are exposed to enforces a negative stereotype. I'm sure he is employing a few people but at the cost of the majority.

As fOr the comparison to wshh I think that's an unfair one as 99% of white people would never visit a site like that. Their content maybe ten times as damaging but their exposure into white culture is minuscule compared to Tyler perrys.

Tyler Perry is terrible.

His jokes are so easy to write, they rely on tired stereotypes, and his morals are too preachy for an audience.

Tyler Perry is terrible.

His jokes are so easy to write, they rely on tired stereotypes, and his morals are too preachy for an audience.

i'm black but I'll comment. 

I strongly dislike this guy. He's a minstrel and a +%@#. He talks about his movies are spiritually uplifting, ignoring the fact that in the Bible it says that a man shouldnt wear anything meant for a woman to wear because it's an abomination (not the exact wording but the semantics are there). He's a hack. Cliche. He knows his audience and i cant fault him for that, but he's trash.

His legacy will be that of Madea

tumblr_lijbs9l94D1qa00qco1_400.jpg

Gimme a break. This guy is a joke. And has the nerve to talk abut Spike? At least Spike has classics.

i'm black but I'll comment. 

I strongly dislike this guy. He's a minstrel and a +%@#. He talks about his movies are spiritually uplifting, ignoring the fact that in the Bible it says that a man shouldnt wear anything meant for a woman to wear because it's an abomination (not the exact wording but the semantics are there). He's a hack. Cliche. He knows his audience and i cant fault him for that, but he's trash.

His legacy will be that of Madea

tumblr_lijbs9l94D1qa00qco1_400.jpg

Gimme a break. This guy is a joke. And has the nerve to talk abut Spike? At least Spike has classics.

I dont even know if I can take the opinions of a lot of these "non-blacks" that are commenting serious. I'd have to know a little about them and where they're coming from before I consider listening, and that's kinda hard to do over the web...
Originally Posted by Biggie62

And this is the reason why. "Non-black" people dont understand where he's even coming from with a lot of the dialog and situations portrayed in these films to even begin to speak on it, so the opinions of these kinds dont count for much because it's probably speaking from a lot of ignorance and oblivion.

I dont even know if I can take the opinions of a lot of these "non-blacks" that are commenting serious. I'd have to know a little about them and where they're coming from before I consider listening, and that's kinda hard to do over the web...
Originally Posted by Biggie62

And this is the reason why. "Non-black" people dont understand where he's even coming from with a lot of the dialog and situations portrayed in these films to even begin to speak on it, so the opinions of these kinds dont count for much because it's probably speaking from a lot of ignorance and oblivion.

ive seen 1 movie n a few episodes of his show,
but i try not to watch it
its all garbage imo

Back
Top Bottom