Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

^he still got a chance... depends on the next single...

but umm the die is my @*+*... i love when a n come wit that stutter flow... i thought the one dude was twista at first...

rap needs to go back... he should release hip hop saved me as his 2nd single... *@@# record saled... dude only makin 1 more album anyway... id just like to seea video for that joint...

Originally Posted by airNGUYEN23

Hello/Goodbye is ehh. I don't really like it, but other than that, the whole album is
pimp.gif

My favorite track is Put You On Game. The whole time I was like
eek.gif
and I'm still
eek.gif

Yuh.

First time I heard it I was "Damn he went out on this one".

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

but umm the die is my @*+*... i love when a n come wit that stutter flow... i thought the one dude was twista at first...

rap needs to go back... he should release hip hop saved me as his 2nd single... *@@# record saled... dude only makin 1 more album anyway... id just like to see a video for that joint...

the die is my s___ too. if been walkin around all week sayin "aint to cool now is ya now."
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
i just hope his next single boosts sales. thedie, hip hop saved my life, and little weapon could all be cool videos imo

I'm hearing nothing but positives, I might have to cop this album and see for myself

Word I have been hearing plenty about his album. I will try to pick i t up, but from what other's are saying they are sold out everywhere.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I absolutely love this album! I've been listening to it every night while I NT ever since I got it for Christmas.
pimp.gif
This is definatelyone of my top 3 fav albums of the year, and definately a classic.

- Baba Says Cool For Thought. - It's nice and I like the poetic theme to it.
- Free Chilly - The beat was
eek.gif
! I just wished he made it a full track.
pimp.gif

- Go Go Gadget Flow -
pimp.gif
I like the pace he raps during this song, and the chorus is catchy.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

- The Coolest - It took me a couple times to figure out this song, and it's definately a nice track.
smile.gif

- Superstar -
pimp.gif
Been jammin' to this for a while, and I'm glad he put this out as a single.
- Paris, Tokyo - As everyone else says, a smooth track and he killed it as usual.
- Hi-Definition - At first I didn't really like the chorus, but after listening to it for a while, it's a nice track also.
- Gold Watch -
pimp.gif

- Hip-Hop Saved My Life -
pimp.gif
This is one of my favorite tracks.. also because I'm from Houston.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

- Intruder Alert - Another one of my favorite tracks, and Lupe is a very good story teller in his tracks.
- Streets On Fire - Very very nice song.
- Little Weapon -
eek.gif

- Gotta Eat - Eh, it took me a while to catch along, but nonetheless good song.
- Dumb It Down - I liked it since I saw the video.. good song also.
- Hello/Goodbye - Eh, I don't really like this track.
- The Die - This track was kinda crazy.
- Put You On Game - My favorite song.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Fighters - Good song, Matthew Santos killed it.
- Go Baby - Nice way to end the album.

Overall, I'd give the album a 9/10 rating.
pimp.gif

Hip Hop Saved My Life would've been a great video if it was done right. Still, I'm in Love with this album. This is beautiful. As I see it, it'spretty hard for any rapper out right now to lyrically compete with Lupe.

If Hip Hop Saved My Life is made into a single the video should follow the storyline word for word and work a Pimp C tribute into it. It definitely has to befilmed in Houston.

Love this album. Actually bought it unlike a lot of people I know. Too many songs I like but top 3 is Little Weapon, Hip Hop Saved My Life, and Put On Game.

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

^lol at hi not hitting the kickflips
Lol, for dudes saying that he can't or doesn't skate...kick flips are like one of the most irritating tricks to land, let alone get the flipformation equal with the timing of landing on the board. So, just seeing that, i'm pretty sure he ain't on no P Rod status obviously, but he hasdevoted some part of time to skating. That performance was dope none the less.

I have a question.
What did Chilly do to get locked up? I heard he has to do 44 years, any truth to this?

im guessing drug (cocaine) selling? trafficking?

EDIT: Co-founder of Lupe Fiasco's First & Fifteenth record label has reportedly been sentenced to 44 years in prison on drug charges.

As SOHH previously reported, Charles "Chilly" Patton and his wife Inita were charged in 2003 for allegedly running a drug enterprise. According tothe Chicago Tribune, investigators busted Chilly with 6 kilograms of heroin, with around $1 million in street value, that he kept in a storage locker.

Patton was sentenced in a Cook County courtroom last month by Judge Dennis Porter. Investigators claimed that Patton used profits from record deals to buyheroin and turn it around for street sales in Chicago.

During the case, prosecutors did not present evidence of a link between Patton's drug dealing and the recording company he owned with Lupe because theybelieved he had been dealing since the 80's, years before he linked up with the rapper to launch First & Fifteenth.

"There is a large amount of money that he received from the sales of heroin," Assistant State's Attorney Patrick Coughlin said. "And he wasable to start up a record company."

Lupe, who was not charged, was present at Patton's house when he was arrested and he testified during the trial about phone conversations he had withPatton, which investigators believe were about heroin.

In the recorded conversations, Patton and Lupe discussed splitting up "whole yellow'' and "whole red'' ones. Lupe testified that theywere referring to the mixing of music tracks and denied any involvement in drugs.

Lupe and Atlantic Records CEO Craig Kallman wrote letters to the court to vouch for Patton. Fiasco is signed to Atlantic.

"I love Charles... I am deeply saddened by his circumstances and will stand by him and his family no matter what occurs," Lupe wrote.

"Mr. Patton has played a crucial role in the development of Lupe's career," said Kallman. "Through his invaluable knowledge, advice, andguidance, Lupe has developed into one of the most refreshing artists in hip-hop music."

Love the album... Is he talking about anyone in particular in Hip Hop Saved Me? I'm from Houston and love the song. I just couldnt figure out if its afictitious character or someone real...

Back
Top Bottom