***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The clown show continues. My only fear is this is them setting up precedent to then demand these things to keep the government open

I don't know why American leaders forget that everybody from somewhere lives in this country.

Participants, some in tears, spoke about their endangered family members in the Middle East, of feeling isolated and under suspicion in their government jobs, and of feeling complicit in the administration’s support for Israel’s siege.

“They feel like they’re being censored and they feel like they’re being met with suspicion, they’re not trusted” in their jobs, said one person with direct knowledge of the meeting.

If the 20th century saw America as the world's police, being the 21st century's world mediator would go a long way to differentiate the US from increasingly belligerent China and Russia. We already have the human capital for it, as evidenced by the number of naturalized/2nd gen Americans who serve in the government; the question is whether US foreign policy is willing to reshape itself away from the WWII/Cold War paradigm.

Cut Israel off
It'll probably surprise you to learn that during Obama's time, some Israeli legislators introduced proposals to turn down US military aid.

Israel also provides weapons and security/intelligence services to a lot of countries outside the West.

Says something about their ability to rely on their own production.

I don't know why American leaders forget that everybody from somewhere lives in this country.

Don't think they forget, they just view it as a simple political calculus

Wouldn't be surprised if his response was polling quite well

But yeah, some of his comments are clearly tone-deaf. Par for the course with Biden

kamala has used her “i grew up in the bay area around zionists” story to be a bootlicker for israel for years now. she pulls up to AIPAC conferences like it’s her family reunion. it comes of no surprise that her and joe are handling the war on gaza the way they are.

the older i get, the more i’m frustrated with a two party system. really dislike that come ‘24, my only options are a racist xenophobe who might be in prison or a ticket that actively supports ethnic cleansing. (it’s probably always been setup this way)

Last edited:
We got ranked choice here locally which is sick because I always vote 3rd party without wasting my vote.

It will never happen on a federal level though.

Back
Top Bottom