***Official Political Discussion Thread***

the point is that people showed up on their own volition. that's what matters.

No, they didn't.

For years the radical left media has been stirring up this narrative that women do not have equal rights. Now the pot has boiled over by the narrative that Trump and his administration are going to "oppress" women even further.

They didn't show up on their own accord, they were driven by a false narrative.
in the same way white Americans can never fully understand what it's like to be an African-American, i will never expect to know what it's like to be a woman in this country.

are the threats overblown? probably. that's just American politics. everything is reported as a disaster, whether it's a threat to steel workers or blacks or women or Muslims or whatever. but that doesn't erase the need or compulsion to speak out when one feels threatened.

does trump have an agenda against women? he hasn't focused on it. but he has expressed and practiced dangerous, old-fashioned sexist behavior including his inaccurate sensationalist portrayal of abortions and his repeated endorsement of sexual harassment. far be it from me to judge what it's like for a woman to deal with abortion or rape, and anything that threatens to endanger women in those cases is a fairly serious one.

similarly any law that endorses segregation or targets voters based on ethnicity or entices law enforcement to harass people of a certain color is a serious one and merits protest, even if it's not codified in law.

and the obvious disclaimer here is that I'm not putting the struggles of women and blacks on the same level, but I am saying they share qualities with each other.

Women (especially women of color) don't have equality in America, it is not something the left made up.

And now some of the rights and services that they depend on are under threat, so they protesting.

Jesus ******* Christ.

Like what? Planned Parenthood?

Do you have any evidence to support the claims of inequality ? Not anecdotal, either.

I will get some links

But I need for everyone to take notice that you're saying that all women, especially women of color, have to fight for is planned parenthood.

For someone that wants revolution, you seem to know very little about the country

Like what? Planned Parenthood?

Do you have any evidence to support the claims of inequality ? Not anecdotal, either.

Are you being willingly obtuse?

Economically: equal pay for equal work
Socially: lesbian rights, Roe v Wade, criminal justice

And pretty much every issue on healthcare or anything that affects every single American (climate change, immigration, education, national security).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rusty back to posting these so called "facts", "statistics" and "studies"

Da liberal propaganda 
mean.gif

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Abortion rights, health services for low income women, discrimination protections in health insurance, enforcement of Title 9, disproportionate treatment of minority children my charter school (especially girls), anti poverty measure to help single mothers, and regulations to combat the gender wage gap.

Yep, there is nothing on the line for women. :rolleyes

Last edited:
it's important to group together the struggles of all facing oppression: women, blacks, immigrants, lgbt, the disabled, etc.

even though this is billed as a women's protest, it represents a protest of all things that trump stands for. he has systematical and repeatedly targeted women, "the blacks", immigrants, etc.

it boils down to one's vision of America -- are we a paternalistic white evangelical country or are we a diverse nation of immigrants. it is really either/or and the best hope for each oppressed group is to understand that all their fates are linked.

that's what's happening, at least for today, and as long as people aren't fractured it's only a matter of time before it dwarfs trump's version of america.

Last edited:
Dude, just because i'm not playing nice doesn't mean i'm being disrespectful. I don't think anyone has gone at you personally here. I think the policies surrounding subsidized housing should be amended so it continues to help those that still need it, not those that needed it 40+ years ago & are now banking off of it. That is not a personal attack on you personally my friend. It is an attack on the policies. It is you who is taking it personal.
Bruh there are cheaper drugs that work the same for psoriasis. Speak to your doctor. Pharmaceutical company probably paying him off to push certain more expensive brands

Dude brags about paying dirt for an apt when he can clearly afford better, in other words taking advantage of the system, yet he has the audacity to ride for a man that doesn't care at all for the little man and won't hesitate to leave families homeless, families that CANNOT afford better, but HeY! Da Donald can cut the cord, NH will be aight...you have that mentality of, "I got mines, I took advantage of a system designed for Those that need it, if it gets cut, screw the next man" type of mentality, showing 0 sympathy not only for your fellow countrymen, but for so many immigrants that chased down the same dream your moms did....DISGUSTING B....you should be ashamed of yourself to even rep that Dominican flag bro.

he said that himself.

i live in da heights because its da biggest Dominican enclave in da United States. its home...if i was a millionaire id still live here.

Most Domonicans in the heights would clown you for your hypocritical and ignorant views bro....talk this nonsense in your barbershop, I dare you....you don't express yourself this openly about Trump other than in here, talk about safe spaces.

Back
Top Bottom