***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Growing up in Wyoming as an African American I've seen and heard this type of divisive rhetoric before. It is better that these awful types are out in the open.

he said that himself.

i live in da heights because its da biggest Dominican enclave in da United States. its home...if i was a millionaire id still live here.
Most Domonicans in the heights would clown you for your hypocritical and ignorant views bro....talk this nonsense in your barbershop,
umm jokes on u my barber voted for Trump too
laugh.gif
Whole Heights looking suspect right now

Hillary probably won Da Heightz, lets not let Ninja and "da barber" smear the community's reputation.

Last edited:
Trump is now in da white house... maybe of u pump ur brakes with da hyperbole you would've saw it coming from day one like i did.
I like how you keep trying to pat yourself on the back for this. Do you just not get enough attention in real life?

"There's a gender wage gap."

"No, there's not a gender wage gap".

"YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST!"

Da ****?

There's a propensity to take something as complex as the "gender wage gap" debate and simplify it just to satisfy the urge to know something and not be left in a mental state of chaos (not knowing something). There's a psychological reason for this that Dr. Jordan Peterson breaks down very well on a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience.

When Obama got on national television and proclaimed there to be a wage gap, he was being intellectually dishonest or intellectially lazy.

First of all, the myth comes from poorly interpreted data. It actually did not factor men and women whom work the same jobs, in the same industry or even work the same hours.

There all plenty of legitimate reasons why men make more than women based on overall earnings.

Here's a few:

Men work longer hours than women.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/m...t-time-status-gender-and-location-in-2014.htm

Men work more overtime than women do.

https://qz.com/149428/mens-overtime-hours-are-keeping-the-gender-pay-gap-alive/

Men are more likely to ask for a raise.

And in cases where it shows women do ask for raises just as much but don't receive a raise just as much, men putting in more overtime and more hours than women is what is getting them more raises than women and seeing them move up the ladder faster than women.

Men are more likely to die on the job than women. High risk, high reward.

https://www.aei.org/publication/tod...nal-fatality-day-will-occur-on-april-17-2023/

Women are wired differently than men. Based on the biology, omen are more proned to go into nurturing jobs than men because they are genetically more nurturing, caring and sympathetic. Those jobs pay less.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...-daughters-take-responsibility-over-sons.html

If all of the above were false, and the radical left were correct, being that we live in a Capitalist society, wouldn't business owners and CEO's actually hire more women than men? Their profits would increase exponentially.

Last edited:
Trump is now in da white house... maybe of u pump ur brakes with da hyperbole you would've saw it coming from day one like i did.
I also have posts about him winning dating from early 2016 all the way to the election, so what?

You always cling to that as if being right on one thing automatically grants you authority on everything else.

Last edited:
I think a lot of Dominicans are probably for Trump, look at Zoe Saldana when Hollywood is like 99.9% anti trump

zoey saldana supports trump?
this is her tweet yesterday:

"I'm trying to be a respectful diligent American rt now but as I start to watch this inauguration- Regression is the word that comes to mind."

sounds like strong support for donnie.

"There's a gender wage gap."

"No, there's not a gender wage gap".

"YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST!"

Da ****?

There's a propensity to take something as complex as the "gender wage gap" debate and simplify it just to satisfy the urge to know something and not be left in a mental state of chaos (not knowing something). There's a psychological reason for this that Dr. Jordan Peterson breaks down very well on a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience.

When Obama got on national television and proclaimed there to be a wage gap, he was being intellectually dishonest or intellectially lazy.

First of all, the myth comes from poorly interpreted data. It actually did not factor men and women whom work the same jobs, in the same industry or even work the same hours.

There all plenty of legitimate reasons why men make more than women based on overall earnings.

Here's a few:

Men work longer hours than women.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/m...t-time-status-gender-and-location-in-2014.htm

Men work more overtime than women do.

https://qz.com/149428/mens-overtime-hours-are-keeping-the-gender-pay-gap-alive/

Men are more likely to ask for a raise.

And in cases where it shows women do ask for raises just as much but don't receive a raise just as much, men putting in more overtime and more hours than women is what is getting [accidently pressed reply, let me finish]

You being intellectually dishonest and intellectually lazy because I already said that in economic research when the control for all that, a gap still exist. Part of the gender wap gap is explainable, part isn't, the part that isn't it the issue.

It was literally the first link I posted discussed this.

Maybe you should learn some econometrics, read the labor economics research on the issue.

Or you could bury your head in the sand on the issue and cherry pick data and articles to so can defend your preconceived opinion.

That seems to be your go to when whenever discrimination is discussed anyway.

-So when you look at men and women, with the same level of observable human capital, in the same field, in the same job, there is still a gap.

Also, there is reason why men work more in the work place. It is because women work more in the household.

The household division of labor, women do more uncompensated work in the household compared to men. This not only dives a short term gap, but a long term one because men are gaining human capital.

Women unequally bare to much of the economic cost of raising child. Child that the economy needs in the future to gain growth and prosperity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom