***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I mean, if people did their part, n worked for theirs, we wouldnt be in this deficit. But nooooo, everyone has to leech off the honest, taxpaying, hardworking amerikans.

N if you dont like it, you kan giiiiiit out!

Last edited:
it's less than half a billion per year in funding, which is actually relatively minor for a country of 300 million.

heard they slashing everything across da board 25-30%.

guess that DC kay street gravy coming to a screeching hault.
and where will this money go? back to the top 1% who paid the bulk of those taxes? or you really think it'll make its way to people like you and me?

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ities-nea-neh-npr-cbs-president-a7536741.html

Donald Trump set to ‘eliminate arts funding programs’, cutting off NPR and PBS

These things provide good services to the country. Like why

Austerity for everyone just so some rich pieces of **** can get tax breaks they don't deserve.

guess cuz Donald knows that if liberals want their NPR & PBS they're gonna foot da bill via 504 c3's.

No Because Donald is a far right reactionary that attacks anything he thinks is liberal or can educate people.

Reagan tried the same ****.

Why don't rich people foot the bill for more things and stop asking the government for tax breaks. And again, you should be the last person talking about anyone footing any bill.

my landlord is da one soaking up tax breaks...u might as well open up ur checkbook if u wanna continue to get all things considered :lol:

He gets the tax breaks because you don't open up your checkbook pay your fair free market share.

Stop trying to smugly look down on other people from your glorified storage unit in the sky, paid for by the next man.

If NPR goes away, you would only have your thesaurus app to use to feign intelligence. So maybe you should come out your pockets too, you can push back the Hemi down payment for one more year. 6 ain't much worst than 5.

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ities-nea-neh-npr-cbs-president-a7536741.html

Austerity for everyone just so some rich pieces of **** can get tax breaks they don't deserve.

guess cuz Donald knows that if liberals want their NPR & PBS they're gonna foot da bill via 504 c3's.

No Because Donald is a far right reactionary that attacks anything he thinks is liberal or can educate people.

Why don't rich people foot the bill for more things and stop asking the government for tax breaks. And again, you should be the last person talking about anyone footing any bill.

my landlord is da one soaking up tax breaks...u might as well open up ur checkbook if u wanna continue to get all things considered :lol:

He gets the tax breaks because you don't open up your checkbook pay your fair free market share.

Stop trying to smugly look down on other people from your glorified storage unit in the sky, paid for by the next man.

u mean paid by my fam because da landlord is allowed to keep more of his own money.

better have some morning edition contributions on ur taxes :lol:

Watched a little bit of that DeVos hearing, yikes she got grilled. I almost felt bad for her, Bernie and Caine ripped her to shreds. She showed the entire world she was wholly unqualified for the job............................but we all know she will still get the position. Rick Perry saying he changed his mind on the DOE after being briefed is hysterically sad. 

u mean paid by my fam because da landlord is allowed to keep more of his own money.

better have some morning edition contributions on ur taxes :lol:

You have no idea how taxation works. Go listen to some Planet Money.

And you still ain't chipping in on rent at all, Your famb pays it all :x :smh:

Last edited:
ninja, do the math for me.

trump wants to cut spending by $10.5 trillion over 10 years.

total federal discretionary spending (where cuts can be made) comes out to $1.1 trillion per year.

what's gonna give?

I wonder where he thinks the money that allows for him to almost live rent free comes from?....lol

total federal discretionary spending (where cuts can be made) comes out to $1.1 trillion per year.

what's gonna give?

You know what is gonna give.

He is gonna break is major campaign promise and go along with Ryan to cut Medicare and Social Security.

But I digress. I would love to hear the deflection Ninja has for your question.

Last edited:
EVERYTIME he brags about how he pays dirt for his apt, all while looking down on others that depend on the system I cringe then laugh....the hypocrisy is too much to absorb.

Lay off millenial. He is funny. Also, he has no time to defend himself because he's defending ninja

Last edited:
:lol: your landlord ain't making much off you even with tax cuts
Just be lucky he's not Donald Trump
He would have found a way to evict you out :lol:

BTW, Donald hates rent controlled apartments. And claims that this main problem with them that people that don't need rent control abuse the system. He once tried to evicted an entire building of rent controlled tenants

Da irony of the man Ninja supports, disapproves of his lifestyle thoroughly. If Trump was Ninja's landlord, he would try his best to evict him

http://theweek.com/speedreads/61933...-entire-building-rentcontrolled-tenants--lost

And this gem:

Unfortunately, rent control is a disaster for all but the privileged minority who are protected by it. As much as any other single factor, it is responsible for the desperate housing crisis that has plagued New York City for the past twenty years. Like a lot of failed government programs, rent control grew out of a decent idea that ended up backfiring. It began as a temporary federal policy in 1943, when the government froze the rent on every apartment in America as a way to provide affordable housing for returning veterans. Once that was achieved, in 1948, the law was rescinded. But New York City adopted its own rent-control law in 1962. Under its statue, any dwelling built before 1947 was subject to rent control. In effect, the city created an inalienable right for five million New Yorkers—namely, low-priced housing.

It sounded wonderful. The only problem was that the city had no intention of underwriting it. Instead, it forced landlords to subsidize tenants. The costs of fuel, labor, and maintenance rose steadily, but the city refused to let landlords raise their rents to keep pace with inflation, much less the market itself. When landlords simply couldn’t make ends meet anymore, they began abandoning—or torching—their buildings. Between 1960 and 1976, approximately 300,000 housing units in New York were abandoned. Whole neighborhoods in the South Bronx and Brooklyn turned into ghost towns. The city, in turn, lost hundreds of millions of dollars in real-estate taxes.

Perhaps the worst thing about rent control is that it doesn’t protect the people who need it the most. The best rent-controlled apartments have always been difficult to come by, and people with power and money have always had an inside track. During the past year, an independent researcher and writer, William Tucker, documented particularly egregious examples.

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1987/12/trump_excerpt198712

"He tells it how it is"

Last edited:

what's gonna give?

apparently everything :lol:

hence why i said, those DC public sector streets gonna dry quick.

The federal government is the largest employer in the United States btw. It is not just some government jobs in DC that are at risk.

It is immensely stupid to try to shrink your government that much when you are desperate for the economy to grow. Not only that, tons of private companies rely on government contracts and servicing government entities and employees.

Austerity hampers economic growth. Donny is shooting himself in the foot if he thinks his right wing cronies are putting him onto game.

Last edited:

what's gonna give?

apparently everything :lol:

hence why i said, those DC public sector streets gonna dry quick.
so completely get rid of discretionary government spending? you understand that includes the military. you also understand that roads get ~90% government funding.

but i guess reducing taxes will spur miraculous increases in gdp.

actually I'd venture to guess that a relatively small fraction of government funded jobs are physically in DC. don't forget all the government contracts, grants, etc. (as Rusty just said)

Last edited:

BTW, Donald hates rent controlled apartments. And claims that this main problem with them that people that don't need rent control abuse the system. He once tried to evicted an entire building of rent controlled tenants

Da irony of the man Ninja supports, disapproves of his lifestyle thoroughly. If Trump was Ninja's landlord, he would try his best to evict him

http://theweek.com/speedreads/61933...-entire-building-rentcontrolled-tenants--lost

And this gem:

Unfortunately, rent control is a disaster for all but the privileged minority who are protected by it. As much as any other single factor, it is responsible for the desperate housing crisis that has plagued New York City for the past twenty years. Like a lot of failed government programs, rent control grew out of a decent idea that ended up backfiring. It began as a temporary federal policy in 1943, when the government froze the rent on every apartment in America as a way to provide affordable housing for returning veterans. Once that was achieved, in 1948, the law was rescinded. But New York City adopted its own rent-control law in 1962. Under its statue, any dwelling built before 1947 was subject to rent control. In effect, the city created an inalienable right for five million New Yorkers—namely, low-priced housing.

It sounded wonderful. The only problem was that the city had no intention of underwriting it. Instead, it forced landlords to subsidize tenants. The costs of fuel, labor, and maintenance rose steadily, but the city refused to let landlords raise their rents to keep pace with inflation, much less the market itself. When landlords simply couldn’t make ends meet anymore, they began abandoning—or torching—their buildings. Between 1960 and 1976, approximately 300,000 housing units in New York were abandoned. Whole neighborhoods in the South Bronx and Brooklyn turned into ghost towns. The city, in turn, lost hundreds of millions of dollars in real-estate taxes.

Perhaps the worst thing about rent control is that it doesn’t protect the people who need it the most. The best rent-controlled apartments have always been difficult to come by, and people with power and money have always had an inside track. During the past year, an independent researcher and writer, William Tucker, documented particularly egregious examples.

"He tells it how it is"
This just makes wonder what Ben Barson is really going to do when he gets sworn into the HUD position

And this gem:

"He tells it how it is"

Lmaooooooooooo!!!! This is what I was saying yesterday! Ironically enough I partially agree with Donny on this, people ABUSE the ***** out of rent control, case in point out very own NH...these programs were put in place so that as tenants got older some with not very good jobs, they won't be priced out of their apartments, tent control is there to benefit parents and grandparents of millenials and NOT these actual 20-35 year olds that want to continue living a rent controlled life....this man NH been bragging for years about "inheriting" the apt once mom dukes goes back to DR...dawg, how you inheriting something that never belonged to your mother b...lmao

If Trump was an NTer he'd hate you.

Back
Top Bottom