***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m glad to hear others saying that we should be more moderate about outdoor spaces (while being more “hawkish” in every other way).

A month ago, I figured that this thing will be a marathon and not a sprint and demanding that people stay at home for months on end is cruel, especially people with crowded or small housing situations. Therefore, letting people lightly use playgrounds, play tennis, shoot hoops, use hiking trails and enjoy less crowded beaches is a better out key than reopening bars and restaurants. I was thinking I was being a crank but apparently I wasn’t.
I agree with everything except contact sports and playgrounds.

I’m glad to hear others saying that we should be more moderate about outdoor spaces (while being more “hawkish” in every other way).

A month ago, I figured that this thing will be a marathon and not a sprint and demanding that people stay at home for months on end is cruel, especially people with crowded or small housing situations. Therefore, letting people lightly use playgrounds, play tennis, shoot hoops, use hiking trails and enjoy less crowded beaches is a better out key than reopening bars and restaurants. I was thinking I was being a crank but apparently I wasn’t.

Yeah apparently Colorado is closing down a lot of their streets to open up outdoor dining and safe social distancing. I think that’s an approach that would help a lot of cities if they get around the subsequent traffic issues caused by closing streets. People won’t/can’t stay home forever but we need to make sure we are creating safe alternatives instead of just being like Florida and everything is open again

On January 30 in a conversation with HHS Secretary Azar, Dr. Fauci expressed his support for the ban on Chinese nationals traveling to the US. Fauci was a bit skeptical initially about the travel restriction but quickly supported it privately and publicly.

Fauci’s testimony this week clearly angered Trump.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-reopening-economy-unacceptable-idUSKBN22P38Q
Trump calls Fauci remarks on risks to reopening schools, economy unacceptable
“To me it’s not an acceptable answer, especially when it comes to schools,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked about Fauci’s warnings to senators on Tuesday about the risks of reopening the schools and economy too soon.

Fauci, who directs the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, also warned that a premature lifting of lockdowns could lead to additional outbreaks of the deadly coronavirus, which has killed more than 82,000 people in the United States and brought the economy to its knees.

Trump, in contrast, said on Wednesday the only thing that would be acceptable would be professors or teachers “over a certain age” not holding classes. “I think they ought to take it easy for another few weeks,” he added.

Boo ****ing hoo

And a tidbit about DaKushner

42C279C4-582D-4456-8AD9-799E3CC434E0.jpeg

Whistleblower testimony just started.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?471986-1/dr-rick-bright-testifies-coronavirus-pandemic-response

Background info:
In a preliminary review, the Office of Special Counsel determined there is “reasonable ground to believe” Bright faced retaliation in violation of the Whistleblower Protection Act.

Link to full complaint: (89 pages)
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/rick-bright-full-complaint/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/rick-bright-complaint/index.html
Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored
Dr. Rick Bright, the ousted director of the office involved in developing a coronavirusvaccine, formally filed an extensive whistleblower complaint Tuesday alleging his early warnings about the coronavirus were ignored and that his caution at a treatment favored by President Donald Trump led to his removal.

"I was pressured to let politics and cronyism drive decisions over the opinions of the best scientists we have in government," Bright said on a call with reporters after filing his complaint.

Last edited:

that anecdote sums up Mr. Jared perfectly. He's the type to draw tables line by line. Has the full Adobe suite but does everything in MS paint. Won't update Windows because he wants to use the old version of Internet Explorer. Gets his programs on CD. Waits 8 minutes for his computer to boot because he has a bunch of bloatware.

Whistleblower testimony just started.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?471986-1/dr-rick-bright-testifies-coronavirus-pandemic-response

Background info:
In a preliminary review, the Office of Special Counsel determined there is “reasonable ground to believe” Bright faced retaliation in violation of the Whistleblower Protection Act.

Link to full complaint: (89 pages)
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/rick-bright-full-complaint/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/05/politics/rick-bright-complaint/index.html
Ousted vaccine director files whistleblower complaint alleging coronavirus warnings were ignored
Dr. Rick Bright, the ousted director of the office involved in developing a coronavirusvaccine, formally filed an extensive whistleblower complaint Tuesday alleging his early warnings about the coronavirus were ignored and that his caution at a treatment favored by President Donald Trump led to his removal.

"I was pressured to let politics and cronyism drive decisions over the opinions of the best scientists we have in government," Bright said on a call with reporters after filing his complaint.

Is it sad that I’m disappointed that they already released the whistleblowers name so I can’t get more audio clips of Rand Paul being an absolute scum bag?

that anecdote sums up Mr. Jared perfectly. He's the type to draw tables line by line. Has the full Adobe suite but does everything in MS paint. Won't update Windows because he wants to use the old version of Internet Explorer. Gets his programs on CD. Waits 8 minutes for his computer to boot because he has a bunch of bloatware.

When he launches Internet Explorer it looks like this

1589467767319.png

:lol: Man, pondering over things and Obama ended a war, murked the bad guy, pulled us out of an economic crisis to the point where it was actually booming, protected us from looming pandemics, made it easier for us to get out of debt, easier to get an education, easier to get healthcare, tried to rid the law of white supremacists. Damn near utopia level stuff if not for opposition and all that is invalidated by a large percentage of the country because he was black.

:lol: Man, pondering over things and Obama ended a war, murked the bad guy, pulled us out of an economic crisis to the point where it was actually booming, protected us from looming pandemics, made it easier for us to get out of debt, easier to get an education, easier to get healthcare, tried to rid the law of white supremacists. Damn near utopia level stuff if not for opposition and all that is invalidated by a large percentage of the country because he was black.

I couldn’t agree more. If Obama was white he would be looked at like how white people view that racist POS Ronald Reagan. But because he’s black he’s looked much differently than he should be.

Watching this testimony and it’s so annoying these dudes just cannot accept the difference between how much credibility anecdotal evidence should have versus the credibility of actual scientific studies

Last edited:
Susan’s whole point boiled down to “you say we where un-prepared but but other administrations been pretty un-prepared to”

these dudes man:rofl:

Why the **** does Mullin care so much if he’s on medical leave or vacation leave?!

“you’re to sick to go to work but you’re well enough to come here”
What the hell does this have to do with the topic at hand

I couldn’t agree more. If Obama was white he would be looked at like how white people view that racist POS Ronald Reagan. But because he’s black he’s looked much differently than he should be.
What really grinds my gears is when people will casually say that Obama was a bad president. I'll hear this from Democrats, non-whites, etc.

Just shows how good right-wing racists have been at sowing disinformation about Obama, and also shows how fickle some people on the left really are.

There's only two criticisms I'll even entertain at this point: one is the use of drone strikes (which at its heart is parallel to the "should we have nuked Hiroshima" debate) and the second is that he was too nice or cautious. That's literally the only substantive critiques people can bring up, especially in the context of the presidents of the past 40 years.

Mullin is a special kind of ****head for that. Man was essentially insinuating he’s a liar and that he’s not really sick right now cause he came to a hearing but can’t go to work

Last edited:
Mullin is a special kind of ****head for that. Man was essentially insinuating he’s a liar and that he’s not really sick right now cause he came to a hearing but can’t go to work
Yes, that was ridiculous.

Also, I think that violates a lot of patient safety rights to ask about someone's medical leaave.

Ah of course was only a matter of time one of these clones tried to use this to slander Dr. Fauci :lol: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom