***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1589513349112.gif

It takes few gin and tonics to really appreciate the fact that the current President ran a fake college. We all know about "grab 'em" and him saying that McCain was a loser for getting captured and the fact that he told black people to vote for him because their neighborhood was literally on fire. The fake College is Trump's version of MJ winning the 1989 DPOY. We're not unaware that it happened but it isn't the first thing to come to mind.

Mentioning MJ and Trump together reminds me also of one of the funniest posts I ever read on here. It was whywesteppin whywesteppin singing "like Don, if I could be like Don." And now you're all imagining it.

It takes few gin and tonics to really appreciate the fact that the current President ran a fake college. We all know about "grab 'em" and him saying that McCain was a loser for getting captured and the fact that he told black people to vote for him because their neighborhood was literally on fire. The fake College is Trump's version of MJ winning the 1989 DPOY. We're not unaware that it happened but it isn't the first thing to come to mind.

Mentioning MJ and Trump together reminds me also of one of the funniest posts I ever read on here. It was whywesteppin whywesteppin singing "like Don, if I could be like Don." And now you're all imagining it.
:rofl:

Sadly, I am merely Pippen in all this. I wish I could take credit for that line but it was aepps20 aepps20 , the Michael Jordan of this forum.

This is bringing back memories of that time aepps20 aepps20 retired early for the night and it was up to me to lead the Coal Gang for the night against our hated rivals the New York Knickerlibbies.

Nobody thought I could lead the Gang deep into the night but there we were, minutes away from victory, needing just one well-executed post-tweet assist leading to the winning quote-post response gif to seal the victory. We huddled up and I expected Coach mplsdunk mplsdunk to call a play for me to hit the winning quote-post, but instead he calls on the then-new European recruit Belgium Belgium to take it! And he wanted me to set him up with the post-tweet assist. Instead I did the unthinkable. I refused to post. I sat it out. mplsdunk mplsdunk said **** it, and he put dwalk31 dwalk31 in for the post-tweet assist. And somehow Belgium Belgium still made the miraculous quote-post and led us to victory.

What people remember most though is Based Jesus Based Jesus after the game. Based Jesus Based Jesus gets up and makes this speech saying " whywesteppin whywesteppin let us down. I can't believe it." and he started crying. Tears coming down his face. He said, "Wally, I cannot believe that you quit on us like that."

I was in tears and upset, I realized I made a mistake, I thought I was bigger than this thread. I knew it was going to be a stain on my reputation.

The next day, mplsdunk mplsdunk gets a PM from aepps20 aepps20 saying, "I don't know if Wally is going to live this down. It's always going to haunt him at some point in some conversation. Wally knows better than that."

It's one of those incidents that I wish never happened, but if I had a chance to do it over again I probably wouldn't change it.

:rofl:

Sadly, I am merely Pippen in all this. I wish I could take credit for that line but it was aepps20 aepps20 , the Michael Jordan of this forum.

Picture it, Donald’s Last Dance

10 episodes

A narrative: GOP primary, and general election his eight years as President and post presidency

B Narrative: Donald’s public life from his first civil rights law suit for housing discrimination up through his birtherism

C Narrative: various biographies and various themes

So like episode 5 would be:

Don’s glorious 2020 where he prevented people from panicking over this thing that’s no worse than the flu. His open letter to the NYT about Central Park five. This would dovetail into Don’s tremendous relations with the Blacks and Ben Barson’s winning mindset.

Picture it, Donald’s Last Dance

10 episodes

A narrative: GOP primary, and general election his eight years as President and post presidency

B Narrative: Donald’s public life from his first civil rights law suit for housing discrimination up through his birtherism

C Narrative: various biographies and various themes

So like episode 5 would be:

Don’s glorious 2020 where he prevented people from panicking over this thing that’s no worse than the flu. His open letter to the NYT about Central Park five. This would dovetail into Don’s tremendous relations with the Blacks and Ben Barson’s winning mindset.
Don when he's shown a video of Hillary saying she was about to beat him in the 2016 election:

91b4a73e-c3d0-4937-b189-889342a182af-gif.2569343

I realized the cautious side lost this particular culture war when I really thought about what a flag represents.

it´s not just a piece of cloth with 2 or 3 colors (pretty much always including red, for obvious reason).

a nation/organization´s flag reflects all the ideals they will live by and die for: honor, freedom, justice, blahblah.

it reaches deep beyond aesthetics to touch the inner workings of a human being (if you´re into that stuff).

flags, and the ideas they carry, tie people to self-definitions that enlarge them, amplify their power in a group.

no one is willing to take a slug over, say, the UN flag...but we all know mfs will DIE IN THE STREET for ¨Old Glory.¨

similarly, nobody is willing to die to keep things quiet...but people sure are willing to go out swinging in 2020.

so that´s that. political will, mf.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom