***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If those allegations prove true, I won’t.
e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

Horrible, indefensible, and clear grounds to not vote for him—if true.

You just heard him on tape, like 2 weeks ago...downplaying white privilege, and telling Bob Woodward that he “drank the kool aid” on white privilege, and feels he doesn’t need to do any work , to understand the pain, anger and frustration of black people in this country :lol:

But this is far fetched for you, huh. Lol

You just heard him on tape, like 2 weeks ago...downplaying white privilege, and telling Bob Woodward that he “drank the kool aid” on white privilege, and feels he doesn’t need to do any work , to understand the pain, anger and frustration of black people in this country :lol:

But this is far fetched for you, huh. Lol

I didn’t say it was far-fetched.

I could also believe that Biden has made similar comments.

But, surely, something being believable doesn’t make it true.

Thoughts on this?

Seems like his typical rhetoric involving “The Squad.”

The statement about Rep. Omar seemed to moreso be addressing certain leadership in Somalia than about her personal leadership. Seems he clarified that with the second sentence.

But as with many things he says, he can and should do better with that type of rhetoric. Not helpful and only serves to rile up certain members of his base at those speeches.

Are you against gerrymandering done by either side of the aisle?
Yes,

I would happily get rid of the few Dem gerrymandered districts to get rid of the dozens of Republican ones. The level at which the GOP gerrymanders farrrrrrrrrrrr exceeds the Democrats.

I have said I want it to all go away. The Dems said they would support it all going away, the Republicans are the ones refusing to do anything.

But go ahead with whatever both sides ****ery you are lining up.

Last edited:

This **** aint right man

I mean, this part is spooky enough:

Suppose that caravans of Trump supporters, adorned in Second Amendment accessories, converge on big-city polling places on Election Day. They have come, they say, to investigate reports on social media of voter fraud. Counterprotesters arrive, fistfights break out, shots are fired, and voters flee or cannot reach the polls.

Then suppose the president declares an emergency. Federal personnel in battle dress, staged nearby in advance, move in to restore law and order and secure the balloting. Amid ongoing clashes, they stay to monitor the canvass. They close the streets that lead to the polls. They take custody of uncounted ballots in order to preserve evidence of fraud.

“The president can’t cancel the election, but what if he says, ‘We’re in an emergency, and we’re shutting down this area for a period of time because of the violence taking place’?” says Norm Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute. If you are in Trump’s camp and heedless of boundaries, he said, “what I would expect is you’re not going to do one or two of these things—you’ll do as many as you can.”

but then you get to this:

If the [electoral process] is a contest in search of an umpire, it now has 535 of them, and a rule book that no one is sure how to read. The presiding officer is one of the players on the field.

...and you truly appreciate the complete nature of the cluster**** that lies before us.

I am beginning to accept the fact that I will have to take more agency in this matter.

I am beginning to accept the fact that I will have to take more agency in this matter.

Not sure how it is all around the country but here in Chicago it's the same dog and pony show, the more urban areas lose polling locations every election and the lines get longer.
My game plan was simple. Get everyone involved, friends, family members, neighbors, anyone I can help. I've helped others register and registered a few family members as well. My goal was to set up everyone with mail in ballots and then the day of I would drop them all off at a ballot drop box, thus avoiding the clusterf*** that is our postal service.

I'm now resigned to risk health and vote in person. I feel like there's no other choice. We have to pound this clown so hard that he won't be able to contest the results.
Similar to boxing, we cant leave this up to the judges.

Back
Top Bottom