***Official Political Discussion Thread***

One of the myths that need to be deaded in the black community is that not voting will make a political party care about you more. I don't know how that dumb **** started but it's far too pervasive. "Maybe if republicans keep winning we'll finally get what we want" makes no logical sense. Hell Briahna Joy Gray was just crowing on twitter yesterday about a debate she had with Chomsky where she argued that exact point. It's stupid and I'm tired of hearing it.

you don’t vote, you make it easier for people to make it harder on you (just look at how hard they’re making it for people to vote)

we globally need democrats to get smarter and more ruthless.. learn from the republicans and treat them like they treat democrats

realize what happened in Georgia and Alabama that if you empower and motivate the black vote you can get shh done.. or they have to blatantly cheat

One of the myths that need to be deaded in the black community is that not voting will make a political party care about you more. I don't know how that dumb **** started but it's far too pervasive. "Maybe if republicans keep winning we'll finally get what we want" makes no logical sense. Hell Briahna Joy Gray was just crowing on twitter yesterday about a debate she had with Chomsky where she argued that exact point. It's stupid and I'm tired of hearing it.
They just have to open their eyes and pay attention, no one panders to the silent, they pander to the loud. You stay silent you'll keep allowing the loud to dictate your life.

They just have to open their eyes and pay attention, no one panders to the silent, they pander to the loud. You stay silent you'll keep allowing the loud to dictate your life.
Political parties care about reliable voting blocs because they keep them in power.
People who don't vote, not only don't get what they want, they most likely get exactly the opposite.

this hearing is a joke. the question posed to judge barrett was "do you agree with Scalia's view of Roe" and her answer was "i can't speculate or pre-commit to cases that might come before the court". no one is asking about hypothetical cases. they're asking her for her interpretation of a case already decided and she won't answer.

Political parties care about reliable voting blocs because they keep them in power.
People who don't vote, not only don't get what they want, they most likely get exactly the opposite.

There is a reason why policies in this country are disproportionately pointed towards those 65 and older

Also need to realize that our push away from politics was more cruel, deliberate programming than free thought.

wr wr and I were having this discussion on the LoveCraft thread, about how a people no longer know how to use words, in order to bend the universe in our favor. There is no further proof of this, than when Black people are battling the political machine. If we were to vote with our ancestry in mind, understanding the past as it is relevant to our future? Nothing would hold us back. This is what I find discomforting about dwalk31 dwalk31 and the position he holds. The words he uses are oppressive, and then distracts from the real issues that we face. Money isn't going to solve it either.

Literally no one says “let’s go to Taj Mahal to gamble!”

I wonder why

595d09bc39a69.image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom