***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The debate around expanding the court is certainly interesting. It is mostly an arbitrary number.

Does this per-circuit idea lay the framework for Trump to expand the court by 4, if he is re-elected and the Republicans retain the Senate?

do you think he should expand the court?

The debate around expanding the court is certainly interesting. It is mostly an arbitrary number.

Does this per-circuit idea lay the framework for Trump to expand the court by 4, if he is re-elected and the Republicans retain the Senate?
Sure.

Let me ask you this, in 1869 blacks and women couldn’t vote. If trump is re-elected and they keep the senate, Will he abolish POC voting rights? Asking for Stephen Miller

do you think he should expand the court?

Honestly, wouldn’t bother me to expand it. Like I said, the current number is mostly arbitrary.

The only real argument against it would be that it essentially overtly politicizes the court in a way that we wouldn’t want. But many think it’s already at that point.

In that scenario, I guess anytime a single party holds the house, senate and presidency you’d expect an expansion to change the perceived ratios.

Practically speaking, I doubt that happens often so it wouldn’t really bother me to expand it.

Sure.

Let me ask you this, in 1869 blacks and women couldn’t vote. If trump is re-elected and they keep the senate, Will he abolish POC voting rights? Asking for Stephen Miller

Trump was elected in 2016, and Republicans have had the senate, and voting rights for POC have not been abolished.

I imagine that since it didn’t happen in the first four years, it wouldn’t happen in the next, if he’s re-elected.

FF9EF032-230D-4856-95F8-E5F0E1BEEB66.jpeg

With a week left dems need to start bombarding all the airway with trump and trump family defamation. Use clips of Rudy in bed “tucking his shirt in”, use any and everything. Stop being nice, no more unity BS. Everyone vs racists

For clarity, you do understand that defamatory statements are untrue—right?

Not gonna lie the post-mark voting thing is really getting to me. The president doesn't have to be out of the white house the day after election day. Why do we act like everything needs to be completed that night.

Common sense says if your vote is valid it should be counted. Hell even if you miss the deadline by a day or two...it should be counted. The point is to find out who people voted for not play semantics to rig the election...oh wait.....

Not gonna lie the post-mark voting thing is really getting to me. The president doesn't have to be out of the white house the day after election day. Why do we act like everything needs to be completed that night.

Common sense says if your vote is valid it should be counted. Hell even if you miss the deadline by a day or two...it should be counted. The point is to find out who people voted for not play semantics to rig the election...oh wait.....

It’s sad. They’re just looking for any way to discount votes. The more votes, the more votes against them. It’s why they’re trying to get us all to stop voting.

From a few days ago. Apologies if this already made its way in here.

Some people are just lost.

Also, Dem trifecta isn't happening. Not solely based on that, I've just been meaning to post that. I wanted to make a bet of some sort but I don't really bet money. Oh how I wish a Dem trifecta would happen, but I don't think these cheating SOBs aren't going to get away with at least some of what they're doing.

Same. More proof Democrats, or anyone against white power in general, need to start uprooting these people by any means necessary.

People (Delk) in here were really arguing why it wouldn’t be bad to have another hyper-partisan conservative judge on the Supreme Court no less than a month ago.

That lasted all of a few weeks

Trump was elected in 2016, and Republicans have had the senate, and voting rights for POC have not been abolished.

I imagine that since it didn’t happen in the first four years, it wouldn’t happen in the next, if he’s re-elected.
**** like this is why I call you a pathetic racist against black people

The parts of the VRA were struck down in Shelby v. Holder. This lead to a new wave of voter suppression efforts.

Obama and the Dems asked the Republicans to reauthorize it like it had been so many times in the past. They refused

Dems asked Trump to do it, he refused.

The House passed a bill to expand voting rights and access. Trump and Mitch called it a power grab and refused to even give it a vote.

Republicans are now suing to strike down more of the Voting Rights Act. And the Supreme Court took up the case. Which they probably will do.

So please ****ing spare me. Voting rights in this country are under attack from the GOP, the party you support. Trump and the DOJ are supporting these efforts to suppress minority voters.

But you are such a sellout, you can bring yourself to admit that you are handwaving and supporting the oppression of black people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom