***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Anyone car to whip me up a Obama face avy? I'm trying to put salt on some wounds on another forum.

Will rep, a lot.

Last edited:
I started to explain but it's not worth it. Honestly if you haven't researched how economics works and prefer to remain ignorant then I won't stop you.
Play on playa.

Please educate me sir.

In reality I know more about economics and presidential history than you ever will. I'm not ingorant, sheepish Obama voters are.
Like I said play on playa,

You said Reagan turned around the economy in 2 years, that disqualifies you from being knowledgeable.

Plus IDK wtf you said in your last sentence, please try again.

No, because it is not that black and white.
And I, like most people, voted for Obama twice because he was the most superior candidate. The grade I give Obama at the end of the four years won't be strictly based on the economy. There is more to being the president than that. In case you forgot
But I know you are sitting and hoping, waiting and praying, that the economy is **** so you can scream. SEE I TOLD YOU SO, OBAMA IS A FAILURE

Just for the record, I hope the economy improves. Quickly. I've got investments and want to see my employer thrive so that I can continue to have a decent job.

But raising taxes on the "rich" (job creators) isn't going to help the economy. Going further and further into debt isn't going to help. None of Obama's policies are going to help. They haven't helped in the last 4 years. Maybe they will start helping now though :rolleyes Hope I'm wrong.

Soledad O'brien can get it!!
Alex Wagner as well
Hell yeah.
pimp.gif

No, because it is not that black and white.
And I, like most people, voted for Obama twice because he was the most superior candidate. The grade I give Obama at the end of the four years won't be strictly based on the economy. There is more to being the president than that. In case you forgot
But I know you are sitting and hoping, waiting and praying, that the economy is **** so you can scream. SEE I TOLD YOU SO, OBAMA IS A FAILURE

Just for the record, I hope the economy improves. Quickly. I've got investments and want to see my employer thrive so that I can continue to have a decent job.

But raising taxes on the "rich" (job creators) isn't going to help the economy. Going further and further into debt isn't going to help. None of Obama's policies are going to help. They haven't helped in the last 4 years. Maybe they will start helping now though :rolleyes Hope I'm wrong.

You were alive from 2000-2008 right?

Serious question for the people going for Romney and the people going berserk over the economy/the debt. Do the social issues matter to you guys? Are you also anti-abortion? Anti-gay marriage? Against women being paid equally as men? Okay with self-deportation? Cool with people too poor to afford medical attention?

Is it just that you guys value the economy over those issues or is it that the economy aka money is the only issue?

Where is the line drawn? If a candidate had an awesome economic plan for the rich but was going to bring back something wild like segregation, would you be cool with it?

Honestly, I would love to hear a response because I just can't figure out the mind state of someone who says "i dont care about all these minorities and those discriminated against, the economy is falling apart"

Well then holla at us in 4 years and we will talk. Election ended 4 hours ago and your're already demanding answers from Obama supporters because you're upset your candidate loss.

So if the economy still sucks in 4 years will you admit that Obama was a failure?
That's a pretty ignorant question to ask. I voted for Obama, and after 4 years I will form an educated opinion of his presidency based on how he responded to the various circumstances he faced. I'm not just gonna say "HURR DURR he was a FAILURE"

I read that together they spent a combined 1.5 BILLION dollars on this election.

Both parties raised over 700 million dollars each.

And to think we got people who go hungry in this world.

Serious question for the people going for Romney and the people going berserk over the economy/the debt. Do the social issues matter to you guys? Are you also anti-abortion? Anti-gay marriage? Against women being paid equally as men? Okay with self-deportation? Cool with people too poor to afford medical attention?
Is it just that you guys value the economy over those issues or is it that the economy aka money is the only issue?
Where is the line drawn? If a candidate had an awesome economic plan for the rich but was going to bring back something wild like segregation, would you be cool with it?
Honestly, I would love to hear a response because I just can't figure out the mind state of someone who says "i dont care about all these minorities and those discriminated against, the economy is falling apart"

I will rep you for this tomorrow

A point Paul Begala (CNN) made that I think deserves emphasis (and frankly is something I hadn't considered when making my predictions) regarding PID:

Polls prior to the election had been showing clear Romney leads (~5 points) among Independent voters, but PID seems to have shifted since 2008. That is, after Obama's 2008 election many Independent voters began to identify with as Democrats, and with the emergence of the Tea Party, traditionally Republican voters saw themselves more as Independents. The Independent vote, then, was somewhat of a red herring in terms of determining tonight's outcome. It was a base election after all.

Last edited:
A point Paul Begala (CNN) made that I think deserves emphasis (and frankly is something I hadn't considered when making my predictions) regarding PID:
Polls prior to the election had been showing clear Romney leads (~5 points) among Independent voters, but PID seems to have shifted since 2008. That is, after Obama's 2008 election many Independent voters began to identify with as Democrats, and with the emergence of the Tea Party, traditionally Republican voters saw themselves more as Independents. The Independent vote, then, was somewhat of a red herring in terms of determining tonight's outcome. It was a base election after all.

This is something I hadn't thought of at all. Repped for bringing it up.

It makes a lot of sense that independents who identified with what Democrats were doing just bought in when the Republicans seemed to have shifted further and further right.

i wanna say this, im republican that's fiscal conservative but i hated Romney. I really have no problem with Obama as i didn't see Romney being better. I know I sure would've hated to reelected his !#% in16 when I think we have alot of stronger candidates than we had years past and less extreme like Jindal, Portman, Rubio, Bush, Paul, Christie.

Last edited:
I read that together they spent a combined 1.5 BILLION dollars on this election.
Both parties raised over 700 million dollars each.
And to think we got people who go hungry in this world.
I read everything you wrote on yahoo. Nice copy and paste

this is more of a fault of da 2 party system in da US.

da GOP lost to a weak incumbent, cuz let's face it obama's record is bad. da problem is as bad as obama is

those evangelicals has poisoned da well over on da right.

da left better nip da eco-terrorist in da *** on their end before that fringe group becomes just as annoying and detrimental

to government progress.

if you strip da social issues from both parties and let em run strictly on economics, da GOP got da advantage.

when you're party plaform touts restriction of choice when it comes to women, then i dont see how thats viable in da present day.

Back
Top Bottom