***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Did we talk about this
F7850C9B-6C15-4130-85AD-B6F7D03D8E50.png

One of Delk's favorite politicians might be running for Senate....

Chuck needs to find a way to convince Jason Kander to run

Mans ran ahead of Hillary by 8.5 points in 2016. With a **** show Republican on the ballot, he could pull off the upset.

Last edited:
To be fair I'm pretty sure she apologized about the n-word race jokes also.

Tbh minds can differ on the subject but if def didn't care about Sarah Silverman's race jokes at the time.

So her apologies now I don't really care.

Her whole schtick I took as a satire of horrible white women; saying objectively horrible things while presenting it in the package of insincere sickly sweet white women talk.

So the racist stuff was a natural extension of the bit.

Now whether you think she pulled it off minds can differ.

For me it was hit and miss but it's very obvious the intent of it wasn't malicious.

I mean, times change. People learn. Biden supported a crime bill a long time ago and Sarah Silverman used to throw around the n-word because she thought it made her sound edgy and funny. I'm all for people growing; I'd rather not have to wait for a bunch of white people to die before we get real social change.

But my bigger point is that today she recognizes the importance of accountability of speech even for herself in some contexts. So what the hell is she actually complaining about with her cancel culture rant? Is there any substance there? Or Is she just trying to seem edgy and funny without cringe-inducing stereotypes?

"The less you say now, the less you'll have to apologize for later."

But again, no one said she was smart.

Cuomo trying to distract everyone I see lol.

On the low the legislature needs this too. They haven’t done much and they can only spend so much time on Cuomo. They can’t home at the end of the session and say “Well we kept trying to kick Cuomo out so we didn’t pass anything”. I also think they are going to increase the speed limit on highways. It being 50 is just a bunch of BS when people go up to 70 and 80. They can at least raise it to 70 and then enforce that.

Back
Top Bottom