:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know hindsight is 20-20 but the 49ers, like I said way back then, should’ve picked Kyle Pitts instead of Lance

Pitts is about to thrive with Cousins throwing him the ball instead of Mariota and Ridder

Imagine Pitts and Kittle catching passes from Purdy a la Brady to Gronk and Hernandez

Or Lynch could’ve even picked Penei Sewell or Patrick Surtain II smdh

We might’ve had a Super Bowl win by now. In fact we probably would’ve had a SB W by now had Lynch picked Surtain or Sewell

IMG_3723.jpeg

That 2021 trade was brutal. To their credit, they’ve managed to still win in spite of it and even come out of it with what looks to be their long term answer at qb.

But the Trey situation was just an epic swing and miss fail on the front offices end. From the actual pick itself to the overall handling of it after he was drafted. But Trey hasn’t done himself any favors performance wise in any of this either.

Makes you hope Purdy takes that step from very good to elite and that the front office isn’t entrusted to have to draft a high pick qb again anytime soon. Their ability to strike gold in the later rounds is great. Their first round track record aside from the for sure things has been shaky.

Gray released… With the way Conley has been playing it was coming

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bell is next

Deebo
Aiyuk
Jennings
Pearsall
Cowing
Conley

can’t wait to see bell get cut. can’t say a positive thing about his time as a 49er. Make trent taylor the PR, hell, let cowing field punts. Im done with seeing #10 lining up deep

Couldn't the Niners cut a injury-settlement with Ambry Thomas to keep Sam Womack? Did Womack just not show improvement during camp?

Couldn't the Niners cut an injury-settlement with Ambry Thomas to keep Sam Womack? Did Womack just not show improvement during camp?

They might have been leaning more towards Luter anyway but Womack probably sealed his fate with that horrendous play in the Raiders game where he gave up the catch and then made basically no effort to tackle or stop the receiver from running into the end zone for a touchdown.

The BA drama is definitely more annoying all things considered. Holdouts are more of a slight inconvenience when you’re a middle of the pack team with no real expectations like they were in 2009. They have legit Super Bowl aspirations this year so this is much more annoying.

That said, I’m usually very pro players getting their money and understand why guys holdout. Unfortunately there’s a salary cap and while I don’t blame players for having a “that’s not my problem” attitude toward the cap, because technically it really isn’t.

At some point behind the scenes I’m sure the players agent steps in, breaks down all the salary cap stuff and says this is what they can realistically pay you. If that’s not going to work and you want more money, a trade is on the table, but they aren’t going to just trade you just to trade you. The return has to make sense. If getting paid is your first and foremost priority, there’s a pretty high chance the team trading for you isn’t going to be very good. I would think the agent would also let him know behind the scenes that his leverage is minimal at best. Now what the player chooses to do with that information is ultimately up to them. But you would think the agent is being transparent and breaking the situation down to the player for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom