Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl he threw 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the playoffs. Not to mention the numerous first round exits. On a side note, Joe Montana played in 4 super Bowls and NEVER threw an interception!
Thank you, I came in to say the exact same thing.

The same Peyton Manning that chokes every year in the playoffs?

The same Peyton Manning that won Super Bowl MVP for throwing only 3 TDs and 8 INTs (1 TD and 1 INT in the SB) in 4 playoff games that year?

Dont tell me this crap that Manning never had a defense. The Colts have been solid defensively for most of the years Manning has been there. Without his D,they wouldn't have won the SB in 07.

Brady > Manning among this generation of QBs. 3 SB Rings > 1 SB Ring. 14-3 career playoff record > 7-8 playoff record

Originally Posted by DubA169

you don't think peyton can do better with crap surrounding him than brady??
IMO the comparison between peyton and brady is similar to steve young and troy aikman. Both teams put the QBs in place to win games, but in thebrady/manning debate manning has put up better numbers. Similarly steve young may have won less sb's than aikman but steve had much better stats.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl he threw 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the playoffs. Not to mention the numerous first round exits. On a side note, Joe Montana played in 4 super Bowls and NEVER threw an interception!

The same Peyton Manning that chokes every year in the playoffs?

The same Peyton Manning that won Super Bowl MVP for throwing only 3 TDs and 8 INTs (1 TD and 1 INT in the SB) in 4 playoff games that year?

Dont tell me this crap that Manning never had a defense. The Colts have been solid defensively for most of the years Manning has been there. Without his D, they wouldn't have won the SB in 07.

Brady > Manning among this generation of QBs. 3 SB Rings > 1 SB Ring. 14-3 career playoff record > 7-8 playoff record

george-bush-laughing.jpg

I was agreeing with you Carlos 'til you said the Colts have had a solid D most of the years he's been there, which is flat out NOT true, AT ALL.

That SB year? Yea, the D stepped up and did what they had to. Other than that, that defense has been pretty mediocre. Especially that run D
sick.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

peyton can make any wr look good but you cant say that about brady

I came in here to post something similar. Dude owns that team, its a system, and he'll make anyone look good in that system, I would probably have a 30catch 450 yard season in an Peyton Manning offense.

...I don't know about G.O.A.T. as the point was brought up earlier tonight, he has to win at least 1 more SB for that. But he is clearly the best thisdecade.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The same Peyton Manning that watches the rest of his team choke every year in the playoffs?

Dont tell me this crap that Manning never had a defense. The Colts have been below average most of the years Manning has been there. Without Rex Grossman.

Brady < Manning

Brady = product of a system

Manning = manipulator of Defense's

You dudes refuse to understand that unless you have the physical talents of a Michael Vick or even a young Donovan McNabb you aint winning without a solidteam around you. Football is a team game. The QB? His job is a given, get the ball to the open man in a timely manner. Peyton Manning as we saw last yearwilled his team to 12 wins. The Pats won 11 without Brady. They gone win that many this year with a better team. The Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Jets can all beatthem when they play their game. Blitz the overrated line and make Brady move, which he never has been able to do. Believe me the Pats will not win anotherSuperbowl with Brady at the helm

Peyton is sooooooo good, does whatever, whenever he wants to defenses. Just not fair.

imagine peyton manning on youngs or montanas 49er teams ... ... ... ... ... ... smh

> ______

I want to agree but I didn't get a chance to watch Montana but I hear that guy was pretty damn good. Manning is a monster though. He tears defenses apart.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

peyton can make any wr look good but you cant say that about brady
Are you kidding? Tom Brady won titles with these guys as his WRs...

-Troy Brown
-David Patten
-David Givens
-Deion Branch

One year he had Reche Caldwell as his leading receiver
indifferent.gif
. The samebum that dropped 2 easy catches vs. the Colts.

Prior to getting Randy Moss and making Wes Welker into a household name, Brady's WR weren't anything special.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

imagine peyton manning on youngs or montanas 49er teams ... ... ... ... ... ... smh

> ______

looks at screen name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you have lost all credibility on here

I will say a case can be argued for Manning, but i still think Joe Montana is/was better

I dont understand where this notion that the Colts have usually been poor defensively comes from.

Dungy came in and improved that team's D drastically.

2002-8th ranked D in the NFL (in terms of points allowed per game)
2005-2nd
2007-1st
2008-7th

So yeah, he's had some really crappy defenses but he's also had some solid ones (atleast in 05 and 07).

The year he won the SB he had a 70 QB rating in the playoffs to go with 3 TDs and 7 INTs. You dont think his D had a part to play in helping the Colts win theSB that year?

Who's to blame for his 7-8 playoff record with the Colts? The players on that team have changed over the years but he's remained the only constant.Who's to blame for the Colts going one-and-done in the playoffs 4 times with Peyton as a starting QB?

The fact of the matter is Peyton Manning is a great QB with a brilliant regular season resume but he has not been as good in the playoffs. He should not beamongst GOAT discussion unless he wins atleast 2 more rings and proves that he can consistently perform well in big time playoff games. You can not deny thathe is great but to say he's possibly the GOAT? Nah.

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

> ______

looks at screen name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you have lost all credibility on here

I will say a case can be argued for Manning, but i still think Joe Montana is/was better

Montana will tell you himself. In todays NFL with even a little bit more skill. "I wouldnt be as good". Im sorry but forget results. The game is somuch faster litterally everybody on the field on average covers 20 yards a tenth faster weighing 20 LBS more. The speed and physical aspect is insane. So Ipersonally believe who ever we see that is the best now is the best till something changes. The speed gets faster, Defenses get more freewill . To me the onlyway an QB can be better than Manning and Brady, both are better than Farve all time. is if there sometype of physical freak. Manning and Brady are as good asit gets for slow whiteboys. (Sorry America)

I would have to say Tom Brady is already the GOAT. dude won 3 superbowls with 0 wide recievers. broke record for regular season td's.
brady has done everything manning has done + more

I dont get why people are coming in here talking about Montana, this is a greatest of all time thread, he was a good player at best in a good system and agreat team around him every year.

Manning on the other hand is using a rookie wr and a second year wr and still has 5 straight games with 300+ yards.

Anyways, I dont think you can put Manning at that level yet, he has to win at least one more ring to be talked about with Elway, Favre and Marino (granted henever won one)

Back
Top Bottom