Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

I would have to say Tom Brady is already the GOAT. dude won 3 superbowls with 0 wide recievers. broke record for regular season td's.
brady has done everything manning has done + more

WRONG. However I don't know who the dummy is that said Brady doesn't make no name WR's look good. Quick, name me a HOF WR he had beforeMoss........Brady and Peyton are both awesome QB's and do it differently. They could both be top 5 when they are done.

yall also forgot tom brady have his secret weapon

bill_belichick.jpg

Peyton Manning is a top 5 QB of all time...but not the GOAT. He's not surpassing Elway or Montana.

Peyton has only 7 playoffs wins and 4 of them came in the same playoff run.

And don't give me that he had no defense crap when he was folding up in playoffs like a cheap chair.

Peyton his a beast but he has folded up when needed most way too much for me so far.

If he gets another Super Bowl or two then we can talk.

I would have to say Tom Brady is already the GOAT. dude won 3 superbowls with 0 wide recievers. broke record for regular season td's.
nay

Dont tell me this crap that Manning never had a defense. The Colts have been solid defensively for most of the years Manning has been there. Without his D, and the Bears' coaching strategy, gameplan, or lack there of, they wouldn't have won the SB in 07.

Fixed....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

WRONG. However I don't know who the dummy is that said Brady doesn't make no name WR's look good. Quick, name me a HOF WR he had before Moss........Brady and Peyton are both awesome QB's and do it differently. They could both be top 5 when they are done.
Name a HOF WR that manning had? Brady always had good receivers. Terry glenn? Troy Brown? They might have been old when Brady started playing,but were still verry good receivers. Brady is a good QB, but his coaches system was really tuned to perfection. As you saw with matt cassell. Put thatgarbage into patriots system and he leads them to a 11-5 season, but when he went to KC he sucks.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

a55a5in11 wrote:

WRONG. However I don't know who the dummy is that said Brady doesn't make no name WR's look good. Quick, name me a HOF WR he had before
Moss........Brady and Peyton are both awesome QB's and do it differently. They could both be top 5 when they are done.
Name a HOF WR that manning had? Brady always had good receivers. Terry glenn? Troy Brown? They might have been old when Brady started playing, but were still verry good receivers. Brady is a good QB, but his coaches system was really tuned to perfection. As you saw with matt cassell. Put that garbage into patriots system and he leads them to a 11-5 season, but when he went to KC he sucks.

Mmmmm Marvin Harrison just off the top of my head. The most prolific QB/WR duo in the history of the game. More touchdowns than anyone else.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

peyton can make any wr look good but you cant say that about brady
Are you kidding? Tom Brady won titles with these guys as his WRs...

-Troy Brown
-David Patten
-David Givens
-Deion Branch

One year he had Reche Caldwell as his leading receiver
indifferent.gif
. The same bum that dropped 2 easy catches vs. the Colts.

Prior to getting Randy Moss and making Wes Welker into a household name, Brady's WR weren't anything special.

Hey, he's top 5 already, when he retires, he may very well be.

Either way, it is a pleasure to watch him play football each week.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl he threw 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the playoffs. Not to mention the numerous first round exits. On a side note, Joe Montana played in 4 super Bowls and NEVER threw an interception

Brady > Manning among this generation of QBs. 3 SB Rings > 1 SB Ring. 14-3 career playoff record > 7-8 playoff record
Last time I checked, TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

This is a question about individuals.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl he threw 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the playoffs. Not to mention the numerous first round exits. On a side note, Joe Montana played in 4 super Bowls and NEVER threw an interception

Brady > Manning among this generation of QBs. 3 SB Rings > 1 SB Ring. 14-3 career playoff record > 7-8 playoff record
Last time I checked, TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

This is a question about individuals.

Exactly. This is what a lot of yall arent understanding...its who is the better individual...Peyton has far better stats than Brady does and is an all aroundbetter qb

And 3 mvps> 1 mvp...and if he keeps it up he'll have 4...but we'll just wait and see

Peyton > Brady. If Peyton had the defense behind him like Brady had those years he'd win those 3 SB with ease as well. Peyton makes avg WR into goodones. Just look at Garson and Pollie the last few games. But no one can change the play and react to a defense liek Peyton does. I love that they televisetheir games in NYC a lot, because watching him to go work is fun. Dude's football IQ is higher than anyones' in the game.

Peyton Manning right now is like when Neo figured out the Matrix.

When he audibles, you just know the d coordinator is cringing. It's good for 20 yards every time.

I'll say this: Cassel doing the #'s he did last year in that system didn't really help Brady's cause in the all time discussion.

These next few seasons will be huge for Peyton's legacy. Few more MVP's and a ring or two and he's got just as good of a case as anyone.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

looks at screen name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you have lost all credibility on here

I will say a case can be argued for Manning, but i still think Joe Montana is/was better

Montana will tell you himself.
looks at screen name, doesnt know who you are, disregards anything posted ...

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

peyton can make any wr look good but you cant say that about brady
Are you kidding? Tom Brady won titles with these guys as his WRs...

-Troy Brown
-David Patten
-David Givens
-Deion Branch

One year he had Reche Caldwell as his leading receiver
indifferent.gif
. The same bum that dropped 2 easy catches vs. the Colts.

Prior to getting Randy Moss and making Wes Welker into a household name, Brady's WR weren't anything special.
u dont' need much playing with a bellichick's led defense really. peyton manning, for the most part of his career, was asked to win gamesfor the colts. for the pats, bellichick's D has been the catalyst to those 'chips. even matt cassell led the team to a 10-6 record under bellichick(look what happens to him now).

I dont understand where this notion that the Colts have usually been poor defensively comes from.

Dungy came in and improved that team's D drastically.

2002-8th ranked D in the NFL (in terms of points allowed per game)
2005-2nd
2007-1st
2008-7th

So yeah, he's had some really crappy defenses but he's also had some solid ones (atleast in 05 and 07).

The year he won the SB he had a 70 QB rating in the playoffs to go with 3 TDs and 7 INTs. You dont think his D had a part to play in helping the Colts win the SB that year?

Who's to blame for his 7-8 playoff record with the Colts? The players on that team have changed over the years but he's remained the only constant. Who's to blame for the Colts going one-and-done in the playoffs 4 times with Peyton as a starting QB?

The fact of the matter is Peyton Manning is a great QB with a brilliant regular season resume but he has not been as good in the playoffs. He should not be amongst GOAT discussion unless he wins atleast 2 more rings and proves that he can consistently perform well in big time playoff games. You can not deny that he is great but to say he's possibly the GOAT? Nah.
i do admit peyton struggled in that playoff run. but he doesn't choke in the playoffs. he is tied for the record with the most perfect games(QB ratings) in history with 4. for the most part of his career, until dungy came (which was when he did finally win his ring), peyton was asked to win thegame from quarter 1 to 4. you NEVER hear anyone says, "colts defense is great." the pats' D and bellichick have been hailed as"genius." get the point?

i mean, kyle orton is doing ridiculously well right now. but who's more responsible? their defense. who's more responsible for the giants' success?eli or the defense. the defense. same with steelers and ben. i'm sure those guys do a lot and without them, it'll be tougher to win. but their defensesare hailed as "great." you can't go by their games without talking about how great their D is.

all you talk about the colts is peyton manning. and if u watch how he directs his offense, he's like the coach basically. no one does more on teh fieldwith their offense moreso than peyton.

again, i don't think he'll be the consensus GOAT b/c of only 1 ring right now. but he'll be top 3 when it's all said and done b/c he'llhave ALL the records.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by BgL2687

a55a5in11 wrote:

WRONG. However I don't know who the dummy is that said Brady doesn't make no name WR's look good. Quick, name me a HOF WR he had before
Moss........Brady and Peyton are both awesome QB's and do it differently. They could both be top 5 when they are done.
Name a HOF WR that manning had? Brady always had good receivers. Terry glenn? Troy Brown? They might have been old when Brady started playing, but were still verry good receivers. Brady is a good QB, but his coaches system was really tuned to perfection. As you saw with matt cassell. Put that garbage into patriots system and he leads them to a 11-5 season, but when he went to KC he sucks.

Mmmmm Marvin Harrison just off the top of my head. The most prolific QB/WR duo in the history of the game. More touchdowns than anyone else.
harrison is now gone, wayne is in. and now a bunch of dudes u don't even know, peyton is making them better. u put troy brown, he'll haveridiculous stats like collie is right now
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom