POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

Damn I thought the episode was kinda lit but then I came in here and y'all rained on my parade :frown: :lol:

I really enjoyed Ghost and Kanan doing that robbery together though. Thought they had a good chemistry on the screen. Obviously theres a lot of holes in the writing but thats always been the case.

This show would have been better off as a mini-series like A Night Of or True Detective.

With the content of the show...it was bound to jump the shark inevitably. I don't know how much longer they can stretch this **** without the ratings taking a nosedive. I give it one more season tops.

Like i said they should've ended on a high note with season 4 . They're gonna try to milk this one out

There's still story that could be told. Just depends on where they want to take things.

There's definitely a next season. Lala said recently on the Breakfast Club they start filming in September.

Jukebox making him confess didn't make sense.

And why did they have Jukebox as a cop anyway, it hurt the writing from the beginning. Looking at how she was living, what did she need all this money for?

Completely agree, I don’t understand any of their motivations to be honest. Kanan I thought simply wanted revenge, but clearly that wasn’t the case. What is he gonna do with all that money? Same with Jukebox, she had a legit job and had some robberies long before Tariq got involved so what more did she truly want? Killing Tariq made no sense for her character at all.

I just watch the show simply for mindless entertainment at this point. There’s nothing deep or nuanced about it at all. Every character in here is dumb as hell and acts purely off emotion, especially Tommy. The way Dre has been written so far would just make it ridiculous if he made some big “rise” going into next season. He’s soft as hell and should be killed for knowing Kanan was alive all along. But knowing this show they’re gonna make him align with Julio’s old crew to take on Ghost and Tommy

One more episode like this and I'm done with this show.

By far the worst episode.

2 million and you are still borrowing money from Stern?

2 million plus the money Stern gave ya, which in assuming had to be a lot but you still go robbing?

They turned Julio into a ***** but right before he died he became old Julio?

Ya ****** wanted body and they have is body but for no ******* reason?

Kannan a bad Mfer but he sounded scared of Juke and then scare of what was inside of the house??

50 heartless mofo but now he has a heart?

Dre is a ***** but now he is trying to move on the entire operation? But still scare of Kannan?

Tommy drunk AF saying I was surprise ya gave the ok for Milan to be killed just like that but yet they need to ask a ***** to whom they believe?

Man **** this dumb as writer thinking she is nice ... She was super sloppy made no sense and ....

Kanan got a heart

Julio my ***** hate it had to be him

Dre a certified BAN

Courtney Kemp discussing this week's episode. She thought it was a masterpiece. :lol:

Last edited:
Why one of you brahs ain't slap the **** outta me and tell me this show was this lit.

I watch one episode last Saturday, got hooked, and powered through the whole series this week. I was taking 1.5 hours lunches to watch that **** in my car at work, and faking dookies to I can watch in the bathroom.

Can't believe I slept on this for so long. smh

Why one of you brahs ain't slap the **** outta me and tell me this show was this lit.

I watch one episode last Saturday, got hooked, and powered through the whole series this week. I was taking 1.5 hours lunches to watch that **** in my car at work, and faking dookies to I can watch in the bathroom.

Can't believe I slept on this for so long. smh

You'll regret watching Power after the second season. :lol:

I'm all caught up famb. All the way through this weeks episode.

No regrets, but the show does have Sons of Anarchy Syndrome a lil, it is kinda becoming a parody of itself now, plot points are kinda predictable. Funny with SOA it happen after the 2nd season too.

Like the old dude in jail is clearly Tommy's dad

It is kinda funny the show wants me to believe that Ghost is an intelligent mastermind, yet him routinely making silly *** mistakes is used to move the plot forward

Sucks to see this show suffer the way others do. Starts off good. Small fanbase. As soon as it gets a lot of buzz and social media presence, it's as if the writers turn dumb and steadily decline.

Sucks to see this show suffer the way others do. Starts off good. Small fanbase. As soon as it gets a lot of buzz and social media presence, it's as if the writers turn dumb and steadily decline.

I think the audience praising it on social media gives them a false sense of emmyesque writing

The audience sets the bar low.

I think the audience praising it on social media gives them a false sense of emmyesque writing

The audience sets the bar low.

I blame empire for shows wanting to cater to social media and create specific talkable points.

Shorty develops the story at the expense of the integrity of her characters. That's literally the most frustrating and novice thing you can do as a writer.

Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.

NEVER did stuff like this to continue a storyline

Back
Top Bottom