Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

they set one of his whips on fire outside of a club.....and they extorted baby out of some money for them to stay down in miami

listen to lil wayne's "we takin over" freestyle....

"I done squashed the #@$! with Zo"\
Got it. I heard about his car....But I never knew it was by the ZO LB dudes...

[h1]Collection by Lions' Williams won't have football from Taylor[/h1][h4]Mike O'Hara / The Detroit News[/h4]
Roy Williams will have a missing piece in the memorial he has planned to showcase the NFL draft class of 2004.

Williams, drafted seventh overall in '04 by the Lions, sent out footballs last week to be signed by the players taken with the first 10 picks of thatdraft.

One of the players was Sean Taylor, the Washington ******** safety, who died Tuesday morning of a gunshot wound. Taylor was shot in what police believe wasan attempted burglary of his home in suburban Miami.

Advertisement

Williams plans to display the footballs, helmets and jerseys of all the top 10 draft picks at his home in Texas. Taylor's football will be missing.Washington took Taylor with the fifth pick.

"I just sent them out last week," Williams said Thursday. "I won't get that one back."

Williams and Taylor became friends. They both made the Pro Bowl for the first time last season. They spoke after the ********-Lions game earlier thisseason.

"I said, 'We'll see you guys in the playoffs,'" Williams said. "He said the same thing. It's tough."

Williams followed news reports Monday, after the shooting.

"When you went to bed, everything looked pretty good," Williams said. "He squeezed the nurse's hand. So I went to bed, saying,'We'll see what happens tomorrow.' I woke up. There was no tomorrow."

[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Former Hurricane Mira came to Taylor's aid[/h1]BY TOM ROCK |[email protected] November 29, 2007

MIAMI - One of the first officials on the scene of the Sean Taylor shooting early Monday morning turned out tobe - like the victim - a former University of Miami football player.

George Mira Jr., a Hurricanes linebacker from 1984-1987, told the Miami Herald he didn't believe it was possible when he responded to a call at 1:46 a.m.that identified the victim as Taylor.

"I knew the ******** played Sunday and I thought, 'No way it's Sean Taylor, must be a mistake,' " said Mira, a Miami-Dade fire battalionchief who was on duty that night. "But then I got to the house, and looked right down at his face, and I was like, 'Oh my God, it's him.'"

[h4]Mira, 42, was a Miami teammate of Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon, and after his shift ended Monday morning he said he called Shannon. Mira said he didn't want Shannon, Taylor's defensive coordinator at Miami, to hear of the shooting through the media.
[/h4]

Mira said he did not participate in the rescue effort, but he coordinated the arriving and departing units and dispatched information on the radio. He saidthere was a lot of blood, typical for a shooting in the femoral artery, and that the paramedics did all they could before the air lift arrived. Mira lives lessthan a mile from Taylor's house, but didn't realize it until he arrived on the scene.

"Me being a Hurricane football player and him being a Hurricane football player, it really hit me hard," Mira told the Herald. "We never playedtogether, I'm almost 20 years older than him, but we crossed paths, and we have that UM connection, and I wanted to do everything I could possibly do tosave him."

Me my brother and two of my friends just bought tickets to go to Sunday's game. Their nosebleeds but we wanna say goodbye to Taylor.
frown.gif

I just hope Antrell Rolle didn't put him or anyone he is close to in harm's way due to some of his comments. I have been away from my computer, buthave there been any new developments?

Funeral service is at my school Monday morning. They cancelled all classes for Monday morning I'll def be there with half of Miami-Dade county. I washearing that they reserved 2 5 story garages and the Law School parking lot. Its gonna be serious out here.

DoubleJs07:

I just hope Antrell Rolle didn't put him or anyone he is close to in harm's way due to some of his comments. I have been away from my computer, but have there been any new developments?

Naw Trell didnt have anything to do with it, but Trell knows the group of people responsible, like I said earlier everyone down here does. Tay cut alot of tiesover the past couple years, alot of ties who he has had since he was a kid. I dont know the specifics if he owed someone something or anything like that, butits a shame that some people cant let go and understand that he was in a position that he couldnt do the same stuff he use to do.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just hope Antrell Rolle didn't put him or anyone he is close to in harm's way due to some of his comments. I have been away from my computer, but have there been any new developments?

yea antrel was talkin a lil too much to the media

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just hope Antrell Rolle didn't put him or anyone he is close to in harm's way due to some of his comments.

That's what i was thinking too.... scary stuff.
frown.gif

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- The girlfriend of slain NFL player Sean Taylor said he was a simple "homebody" who did not have any ofthe troubles alleged by others who knew the Washington ******** star.

Sean Taylor never regained consciousness after being taken to a hospital, his ex-attorney says.

corner_wire_BL.gif

"He was a simple man, a private man, and when people say that he was troubled, it's just not true," Taylor's longtime girlfriend, JackieGarcia, said.

"People who are criticizing him, just don't know what they are talking about," Garcia, the mother of Taylor's 1½-year-old daughter, toldCNN's Rick Sanchez.

Garcia said Taylor liked to fish and hang out at their home.

"He was a homebody. All he wanted to do is be with me and our child," she said.

Taylor's father, Florida City Police Chief Pedro Taylor, said his son "was coming to be a family man," rejecting a wild lifestyle sometimesassociated with sports stars.

"When you are not doing the norm, partying out and drinking and doing those things, you are not normal. That's what they say," Pedro Taylorsaid.
[h1]
[/h1][h1]Sean Taylor's Mother Mute About Son's Death[/h1]
POSTED: 4:09 pm EST November 29, 2007

[img]http://www.local10.com/sh/storytools/storytools_print.gif[/img][img]http://www.local10.com/sh/storytools/storytools_email.gif[/img]
HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- The mother of Washington ******** safety and former University of Miami star Sean Taylor on Thursdaysaid she has her own ideas about the death of her son but prefers to keep them to herself and let the police investigation play out."It's very hard tosay," said Donna Junor. "But I have some thoughts in my mind."Many of Taylor's family members gathered at the small house in Homestead wherehe spent much of his time growing up. Junor seemed to show her frustration with the attention focused on Taylor's past brushes with the law when askedabout statements that having a young daughter had changed him."He was not exactly a bad person, so I don't see where he was turning his life aroundbecause of a baby," she said.

[h3]Ravens' Ray Lewis on the passing of Sean Taylor[/h3]
Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis did not answer questions about the Patriots game, saying he is too distraught over the passing of ******** safety Sean Taylor. Although Lewis and Taylor never played together, both attended the University of Miami.

In his only comments to the media, Lewis said: "I understand the magnitude of this game with the Patriots coming in. But the bottom line is I was more than a friend to Sean Taylor. I was someone he definitely looked up to. It's unfortunate that situations happen like this. But when they do happen, some things pull you away from everything else that everybody wants you to worry about. This right here is life and it doesn't change. Once it's gone, it's gone. For me, as a man, there is a lot that I'm going through right now, that I have to ask God for my strength and my faith to keep pushing on through life and keep encouraging young men to do the right things here and there.

"To think of anything else really outside of trying find a way to really deal with my personal feelings would be very selfish of me to even try to comment on anything without trying to create something that I would be making up. As a man, I would ask for your guys' sympathy just to understand that it's a very challenging time. Not just for me but for the University of Miami family. You don't lose a 24-year-old kid with that much promise in life. It makes you take a step back. For me, it made me take a huge, huge step back to ask God: 'What is it that you want me to do and stop being selfish about?' If anything, the game is going to take care of itself. I'm just going to get through this week and hopefully help a lot of my teammates get through this week as well as a lot of Hurricane family and we're just going to go from there."

oh yea and half the people who are all of a sudden sean taylor fans are the same people who was calling him a thug etc in the past....its a shame

Ill be honest, if the police are going to get this situation right and solved, they have to look at it from every perspective. Does this mean looking into SeanTaylors past? Yes. Am I directly calling Sean a thug? Heck no. Sure, he made some bad choices in the past. But that still doesnt mean im calling him a thug.And as for going from enemy to friend sort of thing, I never really paid that much attention to Sean Taylor. Sure, i knew how he played like a beast on afield. I admired how he played on the field, but never paid attention to him because he was a *******, where as Im a cowboys fan and dont watch too much of theredskins anyway. But that doesnt mean that I cant come in here and show condolances to the reskins organization, the skins fans, and the taylor family.

I just hope Antrell Rolle didn't put him or anyone he is close to in harm's way due to some of his comments

Naw Trell didnt have anything to do with it, but Trell knows the group of people responsible, like I said earlier everyone down here does. Tay cut alot of ties over the past couple years, alot of ties who he has had since he was a kid. I dont know the specifics if he owed someone something or anything like that, but its a shame that some people cant let go and understand that he was in a position that he couldnt do the same stuff he use to do

Now thats scary stuff. To know who it is, but not be able to speak up because of fear that someone close to him might get something bad coming their way.
smh.gif
whats wrong with the world these days

[h3]Statement From Sean's Mother[/h3]
STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF DONNA JUNOR, MOTHER OF SEAN TAYLOR & FAMILY:

"We would like to thank everyone for their love and support and prayers in this difficult time. Your support has provided comfort and understanding and has allowed us to know how Sean has touched so many lives. We would like to thank the ******** organization for their support as well and for giving Sean the opportunity he has had to play professional football. His memory will live on for a long time."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/*******sinsider/

Originally Posted by Kobe BACK

Here is a poem by a 13 year old kid...

Sean Taylor
1983 - 2007

He came to us fresh,
A kid from the "U"
His ******** jersey
All shiny and new

A number one pick
Gibbs would take in the draft
A shy kind of kid
With a troublesome past

It wouldn't take long
For others to feel
The crushing blows
Of lightening and steel

His teammates would vote
And soon all would know
A leader was born
With the defense in tow

Trouble seemed to follow Sean
Wherever he would go
The press asking questions
And wanting to know

His life would change
With the birth of a girl
She had his smile
And big bouncing curls

The public would see
A new kind of man
A maturing new dad
In Joe Gibbs' plan

Little did we know
His life would soon end
His baby left fatherless
His team minus a friend

But Sean had to leave
This earth it would seem
You see, God needed a safety
On his football team

I tear up when i read the end of this
frown.gif

"He was not exactly a bad person, so I don't see where he was turning his life around because of a baby,"

That's a great line from his mom....

I was listening to the radio on my ride home and the host was speculating that the police are just saying it was "random" until after the funeral onMonday. They just don't want to flat out say he was a target (and obviously what they say contradicts what guys like Rolle and Gore have said). It was aninteresting comment by the host, because he then went on to say that he thinks that they just want to not have that "cloud" hanging over withSean's funeral still looming. It's going to be interesting to see what develops next week after Monday.

Pro Football
Incident hits close to home for Buchanon
By David Dorsey
Originally posted on November 27, 2007
TAMPA - Phillip Buchanon knows first hand about some of the terror Sean Taylor endured during an early Monday morning home invasion that left Taylor incritical condition.

Buchanon, a Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback, Fort Myers native and former teammate of Taylor's at the University of Miami, told news-press.com Monday abouthis own home invasion experience.

The shooting of Taylor jarred Buchanon's memory to the morning of March 12, 2006 at his home in Lithonia, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta.

"Something like that happened to me," said Buchanon said. "At 3 o'clock in the morning, five guys in ski masks came into my house. It wasa home invasion.

"It was similar, but at the same time, I didn't get shot.

"I got pistol-whipped. My head was bleeding. They put a gun in my mouth. I would never wish that on anybody else."

According to the police report, six to eight men dressed in black stole Buchanon's Infiniti SUV, his clothes, jewelry, $1,200 in cash, two flat-screentelevisions and other electronics from his 6,000-square-foot, seven-bedroom house. The men also held a gun to Buchanon's head and threatened to kill him ifhe did not give them $20,000 in cash. Buchanon did not have that much money in his house.

Buchanon said his car was recovered but he has not heard back from police since. DeKalb County Sheriff's spokesman Marcus Hodge said there have been noarrests in the robbery.

"They took everything of value in the house," Buchanon said. "I basically remained calm during the situation. The whole thing took about anhour and 30 minutes. So it was from like 3 o'clock to 4:30."

Buchanon said he and a friend from Fort Myers - Nicholas Monsanto - were awake at the time, reminiscing about their high school playing days at Lehigh SeniorHigh School.

"Next thing you know, a car pulls up," he said. "I go to the door, and out jumps like five guys with ski masks and guns."

That incident forced Buchanon to think about his home security in a different way. He hopes other NFL players will beef up their own home security in the wakeof what happened to Taylor.

"With Sean, you'd think that everything would be OK," Buchanon said. "He went to high school in Miami. He went to college in Miami. A lot ofkids, a lot of people look up to Sean Taylor from Miami. He's one of the top players in the history of the University of Miami.

"He's just got to put himself in a better situation and have some type of top security."

Buchanon said he has learned to trust no one.

"Guys, girls, it could be anybody," Buchanon said. "I don't put nothing past nobody anymore. Anybody can set you up. Your best friend canset you up. Females. Anybody in general.

"Once you make it to the NFL, you're automatically a target."

Bucs safety Jermaine Phillips does not know Taylor, but the news still shocked him.

"My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family," Phillips said. "It's just a little too close to home. Something like that couldhappen to anybody."

That's why players need to think twice about their home security, Buchanon said.
"It's one of those situations where hopefully a lot of playerssee what happened an put themselves in a better situation," he said. "Hopefully players will put themselves in a gated community. Hopefully everybodycan learn from this and prepare themselves.

"Who can you trust? That's the question."

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007711270356

[table][tr][td] ^ yeah, a different perspective from his mom..

it will be interesting, but no matter what comes out after Monday, Portis sees it this way..

It doesn't matter if people were targeting him or not, but at the same time we need to find who did it.''

******** teammate Clinton Portis mourns friend Sean Taylor: 'I stay out of the locker room'
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -Sean Taylor's locker has been sealed in Plexiglas. The contents haven't been disturbed, and the stool with his name on itstill sits in front.
Clinton Portis can't bear to look at it.
``I stay out of the locker room,'' Portis said. ``My locker is next to his. A lot of guys will be over to the locker and looking up and seeing thepicture of Sean. Seeing that locker cased up, seeing that seat sit right there, it's like an emptiness. It's a shock that you can't look up and seehim, and won't look up and see him again.''
Portis and receiver Santana Moss, the two ******** players closest to Taylor, and the coach who thought of him as a son spoke publicly Thursday for the firsttime since the 24-year-old safety was shot to death.
Even as the team inched closer to normalcy with a practice that was livelier than the day before and questions from reporters that actually dealt withfootball, the comments from Portis, Moss and assistant coach Gregg Williams reinforced how much grieving remains.
``The best way I know how to handle this situation is the way Sean would have handled it,'' said Moss, who, like Taylor and Portis, attended theUniversity of Miami. ``He would have mourned for the moment that we had to mourn, but he would have went out there and laced them up, and played like noother.''
The investigation into Taylor's death continued Thursday in Miami, where police have said they suspect Taylor was the victim of a random burglary when hewas shot at his home early Monday. Taylor died the next day.
Police also are investigating a possible connection to a Nov. 17 break-in at Taylor's home, but Taylor was such a private man that neither Moss nor Portisknew anything about the first incident.
``That's the type of guy Sean was,'' Moss said. ``You'd never know what was going on with him, good or bad.''
Both said it was worth paying attention to Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle, who said Wednesday that he didn't believe Taylor's killing was arandom event. Rolle said Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami and that ``they've been targeting him for three years now.''
``Antrel grew up with Sean, he knows the neighborhood, he knows the people,'' Portis said. ``He'll hear more conversations than you would hear or Iwould hear. They're still from the same part of town. Maybe he knew something we didn't know. It doesn't matter if people were targeting him ornot, but at the same time we need to find who did it.''
Portis said he considered wearing Taylor's No. 21 jersey in Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills but decided against it.
``Time after time I always told you all that he was the best player I've ever seen,'' Portis said. ``For me to put that jersey on, I can't liveup to those expectations. I can't be Sean Taylor, so I wouldn't even try.''
A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami, and the entire ******** organization plans to fly to Florida to attend the funeral Monday, three daysbefore a game against the Chicago Bears.
In Washington, D.C., some fans brought a ``Walking Book of Condolences'' to one of the city's poorest neighborhoods to give fans who couldn'tget to ******** Park a chance to express their condolences.
Willie Mae Cobb, 63, was among those who showed up at the Anacostia Metro station. She brought a poem that she had pasted on red cardboard along with newspaperphotos of Taylor. ``I really enjoyed his playing, and my heart goes out especially to his baby girl and his girlfriend,'' Cobb said. ``Even though hewent through troubles, he came around and all that was behind him,'' she added.
At ******** Park, Williams and Moss also shared emotional anecdotes about Taylor. Williams, who often has spoken of the``tough love'' he gave Taylor over the years, was often seen getting in Taylor's face on the sidelines.
``He could see me losing it a little,'' Williams said. ``And he would look at me and smile and say, 'Hey, coachthat play is over, get on to the next one.' He would immediately put me into 'I have a job to do.' We had a synergy back and forth in thosedifficult times, but we built that trust and love for each other.''
Williams said memories of Taylor have helped him focus on football this week.
``When I got the phone call and was grieving strongly, I felt a presence,'' he said. ``And the presence I felt was'Coach, that play's over, get onto the next. I'm watching you.' I got a job to do. Get on to the next. He's watching me.''
Moss said Taylor had a ``different kind of glow'' about him last week, particularly on Thanksgiving Day. The usuallyintroverted Taylor went out of his way to wish coaches and teammates a happy holiday and was talking about his 18-month-old daughter.
Moss wondered if Taylor's mood foreshadowed what was about to happen, that Taylor was meant to leave his teammates on anupbeat note.
``It was unusual for Sean,'' Moss said. ``I mean, he was in high spirits. It was almost like when it happened, Ithought back on those couple of days. And it was something, like, it was a message right then and there that we didn't see at the time. You neverknow.''

i guess you guys dont see where i'm coming from.
frown.gif
oh well. many of those people that i saw in line at the mall were buying 5 of his jerseys at a timejust so they could resell. i mean who needs 5 to themselves unless you have plans on reselling them...

anyways... here's what i picked up today

i got my hat stiched and a painting. i still need to get "in loving memory" on the top.

dsc0004mh8.jpg

ijust wanted to put my jersey in there
smile.gif

dsc0005on2.jpg

dsc0014ci7.jpg

Thats an awesome painting, sole lovely. I want to buy one as well. It's petty that resellers are buying the jerseys out of greed rather than appreciation.I remember buying my Sean Taylor jersey a few months ago. I had to go to at least 7 different spots just to find it.

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

Thats an awesome painting, sole lovely. I want to buy one as well. It's petty that resellers are buying the jerseys out of greed rather than appreciation. I remember buying my Sean Taylor jersey a few months ago. I had to go to at least 7 different spots just to find it.

thanks bro. it retailed for about $60 somethin but then i got it down to $23
smile.gif
where are you located? we had RACKS of them here in nova

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by earl lee87

wass all this "zo pound" stuff i'm hearin bout.??

Haitian gang out of So. Fla....
Sort of....Zo Pound is not just a "street gang" theyre more like the Haitian Mafia, theyre an organization. Drugs, gambling, ect. Funny thingis that alot of them have ties to city offcials because more and more city officials come from the hood.

Nice painting SL....I think I am going to frame my ST jersey after this season and put it in my office.

Back
Top Bottom