So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

He believe in hypeonomics, the same thing that's actually making the culture irritating.
Sak still sneak dissing. I was quoting someone else originally genius. And hype or not, the adidas trend has soared them to the number two spot. I only wear jordan and am a fan, you need to learn to look at things objectively and not Stan all the time for Jordan brand. And you know I’m a big supporter of wear what you like, which is why I always support GRs. However, the bottom line is the bottom line. Adidas’ partnerships with celebrities help them sell their other models and gear too with the added allure celebs bring. Add in the new tech, and it’s a good business model that’s working for them.

well let me enlighten u what I'm talking about
every 2nd week of january
and i mean EVERY
nike releases new white/white af1's in mid and low form
and 2nd week of june
nike releases black/black af1's in mid and low form
this is every year
and has been going on for YEARS even before I actually noticed
i FIRST noticed this
in 2003
back when nike used to have af1 lists in their fact page.
jordan brand has released the tb 3's like 3 times since 2010
and this last time they didn't sell out
cause they made a whole lot
but if they were conservative
and just did a regular run
they woulda sold out
i know folks
that wouldn't mind a "og" white/red am1 every few years
or "og" neon am95 every few years
hell
we been getting flax/wheat af1's
in some high mid or low form
every year
for the past 5-6 years and they sell out each and every time
so u cant tell me if they released space jams every 3 years they still wouldn't sell
u forget sj are a solid black shoe that goes with everything
people always want a shoe they can wear with anything
thats all im tryna say
Actually, the Tb 3 has only dropped twice since 2010. They dropped one before in 2009 overseas.
Nike may be able sell whatever shoe you’re talking about, but a tri-yearly spacejam release would not sell out every time. You can’t compare the two. Maybe if you said the black and red jordan 1, that’d be more accurate. But even that shoe has dropped only twice in attainable(barely) quantities since 2009. The 2011 Banned was very much exclusive

Sak still sneak dissing. I was quoting someone else originally genius. And hype or not, the adidas trend has soared them to the number two spot. I only wear jordan and am a fan, you need to learn to look at things objectively and not Stan all the time for Jordan brand. And you know I’m a big supporter of wear what you like, which is why I always support GRs. However, the bottom line is the bottom line. Adidas’ partnerships with celebrities help them sell their other models and gear too with the added allure celebs bring. Add in the new tech, and it’s a good business model that’s working for them.

Actually, the Tb 3 has only dropped twice since 2010. They dropped one before in 2009 overseas.
Nike may be able sell whatever shoe you’re talking about, but a tri-yearly spacejam release would not sell out every time. You can’t compare the two. Maybe if you said the black and red jordan 1, that’d be more accurate. But even that shoe has dropped only twice in attainable(barely) quantities since 2009. The 2011 Banned was very much exclusive
Jordan 1's weren't even hyped
Until they decided to put Nike air on the tounge
People were tired of 1's
People making this adidas thing a bigger deal than it is
They are ahead of a division of Nike
They've just decided to put out more products than ever before
That's why adidas the company is ahead of Jordan the brand
Also since 06 how many times have black/cement 3's released
Blk/silver 5's
raptor 7's
Fire red 4's
I swear I think all have had like 3 releases
Plus I just gave u examples about the white and black forces

3C4ADE72-F3FE-4770-A95C-F8943CB04620.jpeg

https://www.bizjournals.com/portlan...e-retail-shakeup-nike-downsizing-from-30.html

Looks looks like shoes are not the only thing getting limited. That’s huge cut. Guess we’ll see who the other stores are in due time. FTL can also stop whining now

I guess I'm glad to be a "member". This doesn't surprise me. Retail stores are losing to the online convenience.

That’s what I’m thinking boutiques might be out of here, overseas spots might be looking ugly too. Interesting to see whose on that 40 list

Mark Parker is basically playing into those little resellers games. Add To Cart services and Sneaker Bots will be more prevalent than ever now.

That’s what I’m thinking boutiques might be out of here, overseas spots might be looking ugly too. Interesting to see whose on that 40 list

That cut seems ridiculous, 30,000 to 40? If I'm not a publicly traded company I'd be terrified right now. And even if I was I would still be worried

Thats crazy. Pairs being reducted + retailers getting cut down. Seems like it might be worser than how it was a few years ago. Does anybody know how many less pairs a release will be compared to how many are made now. I want to know how much of decrease its going to be. We basically got blessed big time to buy with ease these last couple of years.

There still going to make alot of $. They could cut the production in half + raise up the prices + ship only to those 40 locations = still make big bank while demand rises through the roof because buyers are going to do anything to get a pair. Since it wont be that many to go around now.

Smart power play to compete for the demand they once had years ago. Its still there today. But its going to go back to how it use to be. 1985 - 1996 all over again. When seeing a pair on somebody's feet felt like you where looking at the Lockness Monster lol.

Okay now people are saying that statement is inaccurate, their focusing on a select 40 but not cutting 29,998 retailers

Thats crazy. Pairs being reducted + retailers getting cut down. Seems like it might be worser than how it was a few years ago. Does anybody know how many less pairs a release will be compared to how many are made now. I want to know how much of decrease its going to be. We basically got blessed big time to buy with ease these last couple of years.
I guess to be optimistic, the pairs that went all over will now be MORE available on Nike apps. They are trying to cut more middle men out. While trying to make everyone think they are all about the consumer. Coming from a guy that loves to buy in store on release day, I understand their business tactic. Our hope is just that there is more pairs available through Nike.com than ever before.

Can anyone on here in the know show us how the new # of production is going to be. Whats a 500,000 pairs release going to look like now. A 250,000 pairs release and so on.

Ok,i gotcha. So itll be more pairs on Nike.com for them to make more $.But theres still going to be less pairs made also. Does anybody know how the numbers are going to look compared to right now?

Okay now people are saying that statement is inaccurate, their focusing on a select 40 but not cutting 29,998 retailers
Misinterpreted or communicated poorly, whatever it is, they're not going to only sell to 40 retailers. Retailers will be cut, but the 40 retailers are those that are going to get special focus and treatment. There will still be a ton of retailers, just that 30k number will start to shrink. Nike has been doing this for years, seems like they're getting more aggressive.

Can anyone on here in the know show us how the new # of production is going to be. Whats a 500,000 pairs release going to look like now. A 250,000 pairs release and so on.
Theres no formula, at least not one that is going to be given to the public. We'll just have to see how it goes on a release by release basis.

Misinterpreted or communicated poorly, whatever it is, they're not going to only sell to 40 retailers. Retailers will be cut, but the 40 retailers are those that are going to get special focus and treatment. There will still be a ton of retailers, just that 30k number will start to shrink. Nike has been doing this for years, seems like they're getting more aggressive.

Theres no formula, at least not one that is going to be given to the public. We'll just have to see how it goes on a release by release basis.

I thought so, cutting that many channels in a year just seems ridiculous

I'm hoping that next year's Concord XI release is like the Space Jams release.

JB would be really dumb to not produce as many Concords. SJ’s were the perfect # produced in that none sat after RD but enough were produced that everyone who wanted one could get one on RD. To me, that is the perfect balance for Nike/JB as basically every pair sells on RD and no money gets left on the table since almost all consumers who wanted pairs for retail are able to attain one.

The given retailers will be Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Eastbay, Champs, Footaction, Finish Line. That's 6. Need to know the other 34.

I'm guessing Jimmy Jazz, Shiekh, Shoe Palace, ****'s,?

Back
Top Bottom