So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

I wish people would put the onus on the retail locations as well as the brand when they make this argument. Let it be known though I don’t really agree with that mindset, violence has occurred over any items that have some sort of value (starter jackets, video game consoles, cell phones, even bicycles). Its not just Jordan’s, they’re the most visible, partially because they have the most releases. My point is though that this is a societal issue not just a Nike/Jordan one

Last edited:
I think theyve cheapened their brand name with other colorways. I know on here everybody mostly talks og's. But in day to day life I see weird colorways way more then og retros especially on females. If I wasnt reading about Jordan struggling on here Id never have guessed they were.

I think the thought process is I can get these alternate weird colored 12's or whatever for cheaper without any hastle and theyre still 12's. Its taking from the OG's mystique maybe and I think the brand will eventually become a tacky dime a dozen brand flooding all these stupid new CW. Because its the originals and a select few new additional CW thatre badass. *shrugs*

I gotta say I really hate how the media have covered so-called sneaker violence in the past.

Somebody who would kill someone over a pair of shoes wasn't planning on buying them anyways. It's more a crime of opportunity than anything. You'd think a perfectly normal human being suddenly transformed into a monster willing to kill for shoes if you watch or read news headlines.

I've noticed a few guys get a little agitated for a few releases over the years, but that's about it.

Last edited:
True^ its more the fact you have a line of easy targets with either a 100+ product or cash not that getting shoes are driving people to kill each other.

I think theyve cheapened their brand name with other colorways. I know on here everybody mostly talks og's. But in day to day life I see weird colorways way more then og retros especially on females. If I wasnt reading about Jordan struggling on here Id never have guessed they were.

I think the thought process is I can get these alternate weird colored 12's or whatever for cheaper without any hastle and theyre still 12's. Its taking from the OG's mystique maybe and I think the brand will eventually become a tacky dime a dozen brand flooding all these stupid new CW. Because its the originals and a select few new additional CW thatre badass. *shrugs*

Agree with what you say about the oversaturation of product and I'll add that there hasn't been any Jordan brand mystique for the past 7-8 years. Jumpman product is worn by everyone and their dog.
I can't fathom why cats actually jump through hoops for product that everyone in their 'hood will be sporting. :smh:

I can't fathom why cats actually jump through hoops for product that everyone in their 'hood will be sporting.
i don't think most people care
i know i don't care how many people have wheat/flax af1 high's in my neighborhood
always loved the wheat color way so I'm copping
most people buy cause they like how it looks to them
how many people have it doesn't even register to most people
they're just shoes after all

I think age has a lot to do with different attitudes towards sneakers.

If I was still young and in school, I might not want to see a few dozen people wearing the same shoes as me.

But I'm middle age now. I just want my damn shoes with no hassles. I don't care if somebody's grandma is wearing what I wear.

I think age has a lot to do with different attitudes towards sneakers.

If I was still young and in school, I might not want to see a few dozen people wearing the same shoes as me.

But I'm middle age now. I just want my damn shoes with no hassles. I don't care if somebody's grandma is wearing what I wear.
i don't even think that applies
i graduated hs in 04 so that tells my age
and we left at lunch to get a pair
then come back to show off
and didn't matter how many folks had em
people just liked having em

i don't think most people care
i know i don't care how many people have wheat/flax af1 high's in my neighborhood
always loved the wheat color way so I'm copping
most people buy cause they like how it looks to them
how many people have it doesn't even register to most people
they're just shoes after all

This, I don't care how many people have or wear the shoe. As long as I like them then that's all that matters. Personally, some the limited shoes look worse than the retro + colorways Jordan Brand releases.

I like matching clothes, down to the horse on my shirt sometimes, and I like that I have an assortment of different new colorways to wear them with instead of just the classics. They do make some stupid *** colorways sometimes, but I am ok with that too because it means I don't need it.

I also don't care about anyone else wearing the same **** as me because I feel like I look better in it. :wink: I used to care if my friends would get the same shoes, we used to "call" which shoes we were gonna get, but if you didn't get it by a certain date then you were probably never gonna get it. People be callin shoes and not coppin...

Anyway I think what drives me crazy most are people that just wear shoes that don't match anything they have on. I remember my first pair of Js with everything because I was happy to have them... but seeing adults do it, I dunno, feel like they need to get their gear game up before spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes that doesn't match anything in their ensemble.

Jb can’t sustain by only releasing OGs over and over. They’re trying to cash out. There have been great retro+ that come out every year. A lot of the retro+ 8s have been some of the best we’ve seen in a while.

In regard to sneaker violence, I always try to explain to people that love condemning Jordans that if it’s not jordans, it’s another hot commodity.

They'll have to find a way to push Jordans after the XIV, even then, there's always something new releasing. Not in the industry to understand everything, but I feel the legacy has been built up so well that's it's not dying anytime soon.

The business article that announced jb was cutting production also mentioned how releasing the same over and over has actually hurt the brand long term.

I like matching clothes, down to the horse on my shirt sometimes, and I like that I have an assortment of different new colorways to wear them with instead of just the classics. They do make some stupid *** colorways sometimes, but I am ok with that too because it means I don't need it.
I agree with this. I pretty much prefer the retro+ colorways over the originals. Give me some slept on joints like the Radio Raheem 2s, Wool 3s, Bred 17s, all the different 5 lows that release last year etc.

I agree with this. I pretty much prefer the retro+ colorways over the originals. Give me some slept on joints like the Radio Raheem 2s, Wool 3s, Bred 17s, all the different 5 lows that release last year etc.

da outlets must be feeling like Candyland to you :lol:

The business article that announced jb was cutting production also mentioned how releasing the same over and over has actually hurt the brand long term.
nah sportswear does it and is fine
the thing that hurt is the frequency
i remember used to be scattered retro releases
now its every damn month
thats what hurt
guarantee u if we got space jams on a regular cycle of every 3 years i would buy em every damn time

nah sportswear does it and is fine
the thing that hurt is the frequency
i remember used to be scattered retro releases
now its every damn month
thats what hurt
guarantee u if we got space jams on a regular cycle of every 3 years i would buy em every damn time
What the hell are you talking about? I’m not sure about your sportswear comment but there’s no way in hell selling the space jam every three years would work. That would kill the brand even faster. And releasing the same models refers to dropping 1, 3-6,8,9,12,13 and 11 over and over all the time. What they’re trying to say is that companies like Adidas have released a bunch of new models, even Nike innovates to an extent. I’m not sure how true the claim is, but it makes sense to me.

What the hell are you talking about? I’m not sure about your sportswear comment but there’s no way in hell selling the space jam every three years would work. That would kill the brand even faster. And releasing the same models refers to dropping 1, 3-6,8,9,12,13 and 11 over and over all the time. What they’re trying to say is that companies like Adidas have released a bunch of new models, even Nike innovates to an extent. I’m not sure how true the claim is, but it makes sense to me.
well let me enlighten u what I'm talking about
every 2nd week of january
and i mean EVERY
nike releases new white/white af1's in mid and low form
and 2nd week of june
nike releases black/black af1's in mid and low form
this is every year
and has been going on for YEARS even before I actually noticed
i FIRST noticed this
in 2003
back when nike used to have af1 lists in their fact page.
jordan brand has released the tb 3's like 3 times since 2010
and this last time they didn't sell out
cause they made a whole lot
but if they were conservative
and just did a regular run
they woulda sold out
i know folks
that wouldn't mind a "og" white/red am1 every few years
or "og" neon am95 every few years
hell
we been getting flax/wheat af1's
in some high mid or low form
every year
for the past 5-6 years and they sell out each and every time
so u cant tell me if they released space jams every 3 years they still wouldn't sell
u forget sj are a solid black shoe that goes with everything
people always want a shoe they can wear with anything
thats all im tryna say

well let me enlighten u what I'm talking about
every 2nd week of january
and i mean EVERY
nike releases new white/white af1's in mid and low form
and 2nd week of june
nike releases black/black af1's in mid and low form
this is every year
and has been going on for YEARS even before I actually noticed
i FIRST noticed this
in 2003
back when nike used to have af1 lists in their fact page.
jordan brand has released the tb 3's like 3 times since 2010
and this last time they didn't sell out
cause they made a whole lot
but if they were conservative
and just did a regular run
they woulda sold out
i know folks
that wouldn't mind a "og" white/red am1 every few years
or "og" neon am95 every few years
hell
we been getting flax/wheat af1's
in some high mid or low form
every year
for the past 5-6 years and they sell out each and every time
so u cant tell me if they released space jams every 3 years they still wouldn't sell
u forget sj are a solid black shoe that goes with everything
people always want a shoe they can wear with anything
thats all im tryna say

He believe in hypeonomics, the same thing that's actually making the culture irritating.

ooooh
i barely venture into jb forum
so i don't know the usual folks

I believe it just ashamed that Jordan Brand gets antagonized for releasing a she every few years while Adidas "the innovator" is releasing the same shoes every few months in the same colorways with one minor change. People in general are hypocrites, contradictory, self-entitled, and want to be exclusive individuals. The main reason why some are Team Adidas is because of a celebrity that is dealing with problems himself. They're sheep trying to follow a flawed Shepard and defend him just to have a sense of false confidence. I don't care if Jordan Brand re release certain retro every few years because I haven't own some of them. End of Rant.

Back
Top Bottom