So jordan brand is going back to limted releases again starting may 2018!

it may have been mentioned, but what about improving the technology within the shoe? retros are bricks to walk in. would love a lunar or full zoom sole

Its a smart all around business move by Nike/JB. You better buy what you want right now. Even if its resell in a reasonable price range. Im not hyping up the situation at all. You have to look at it from this prospective. After limiting production # on retros from what it already was. It will make the retro,s that have been released in the past couple of years more popular. 1. Shoes like Black/Red,Black/Royal,BT,Black/Shadows 1,s,even less popular 1,s with Nike Air will already have been released for the first or second time since 2013 after 2018. 2.Even the Nike Air 4 WC,5 BC,SJ 11,s will become more popular on the after market.

Basically them limiting production # on newer released retros will drive up hype and demand. Because we know The retros from the past e to 4 years wont be releasing in a full size run in a very long time. Add to the fact if they do release anywhere from between 4 to 10 years as the soonest. # will be low compared to the previous release of the same shoe. It was good while it lasted though. Hope everybody ate while its been easy the last couple of years. Better get what you want now. I can see resellers hiking up prices after 2018 comes in. Just off of knowing that retros are lower in production #. Plus thdm knowing that some of the popular retros that are sought after wont be releasing for quite some time from now.

JB will release less Retros overall. Hopefully make popular Colorways like Concord 11s and Black/Cement 3s super GR but others like Mocha 3s, Last Shot and White/Red 14s more limited since 14s and retro plus colorway don't sell well compare to popular OG Jordans. I can see them getting away from releasing Retros every week and change to one or two a month. I still see the BC 3 and Concord 11s being a super GR but others will have less number. Right now JB has made a ton of 4s, 5s, 8s, and 10s It will be a good idea to just put those models on the volt for a least three years or more. Release more OG 3 and 6s with NA. 12s and 11s mids are still popular so why not release Taxis, Obsidians, Playoffs, and Flints for the 12s and Bred, Concord, Cool Grey, and Columbia for 11s. Only 4s worth releasing are the Black/Cement, Fire Red, and Cool Grey.

JB will release less Retros overall. Hopefully make popular Colorways like Concord 11s and Black/Cement 3s super GR but others like Mocha 3s, Last Shot and White/Red 14s more limited since 14s and retro plus colorway don't sell well compare to popular OG Jordans. I can see them getting away from releasing Retros every week and change to one or two a month. I still see the BC 3 and Concord 11s being a super GR but others will have less number. Right now JB has made a ton of 4s, 5s, 8s, and 10s It will be a good idea to just put those models on the volt for a least three years or more. Release more OG 3 and 6s with NA. 12s and 11s mids are still popular so why not release Taxis, Obsidians, Playoffs, and Flints for the 12s and Bred, Concord, Cool Grey, and Columbia for 11s. Only 4s worth releasing are the Black/Cement, Fire Red, and Cool Grey.

1-2 retro releases a month is completely reasonable and I think they can release better cws by doing this. Nobody is buying new retros every weekend.

Makes you wonder if people are gonna scoop up all they can the rest of this year, knowing these mass produced days are coming to an end.

I think they know they need to make some changes and get their ish together. With that said this might be all or mostly just talk from nike. I wouldnt get scared into worrying or buying anything I didnt plan to get anyways.

Why the hell are we concerned about the business side of Nike Inc. They are gonna make there millions no matter the prestige of the Air Jordan line. To me they are butt hurt about the fact that the Yeezy line might be out doing them right now. So what. To limit retro releases takes away the ability for the average consumer to get the pair they want. Do we really want the 2011 Concord release to start all over again? No! Do we really need people to take away the opportunity from others to get the pair they want? No! We are talking so much about benefits that Nike needs to have in a business situation. But do you think Nike thinks about the benefits of the consumer? No. They toy us around with almost close to the OG retro releases. Knowing we will come back. I guess Its wrong to worry less about the business and more about the people buying these keeping that business going. Nike will always be successful no matter what. They can do whatever they want. Limited BS or mass GR. The only difference is what average people are now gonna do to each other JUST TO GET THAT PAIR. But we are concerned about Nike Inc?

Limiting stuff won’t help them in the long term. They switch up every few years with some change and I’m sure buyers will be sick of it. Mass production did help sitting, but I’m sure $190 hurt them too. Adidas wins because they keep bringing out brand new designs and innovations. Jordan brand has marketed retros in a way that no one will ever support new models that aren’t retros. They should have pandered to hypebeasts and dropped the Toro 5s with bomber jacket 8 quantities instead of those blood/crip 5s, playoff 13s and other new 13s in 2017. They made a killing in 2016 off of the new 12s that dropped. What happened to limited Champagne and Cigar drops? Not 1 hyped nike air retro? No Cherry 12? What happened to the Black Friday drop being a popular air jordan? Why was the royal 1 and all star 1s the only non black pair/white pair 1s that dropped in 2017? Why the **** did they make the new love 1s a mid? Where was the SBB 3.0? They could’ve Road the hype wave that 2016 1s began. They got greedy and slacked off. But I’m telling you, limiting stuff won’t save them

Last edited:
Limiting stuff won’t help them in the long term. They switch up every few years with some change and I’m sure buyers will be sick of it. Mass production did help sitting, but I’m sure $190 hurt them too. Adidas wins because they keep bringing out brand new designs and innovations. Jordan brand has marketed retros in a way that no one will ever support new models that aren’t retros. They should have pandered to hypebeasts and dropped the Toro 5s instead of those blood/crip 5s, playoff 13s and other new 13s in 2017. They made a killing in 2016 off of the new 12s that dropped. What happened to limited Champagne and Cigar drops? Not 1 hyped nike air retro? No Cherry 12? What happened to the Black Friday drop being a popular air jordan? Why was the royal 1 and all star 1s the only non black pair/white pair 1s that dropped in 2017? Why the **** did they make the new love 1s a mid? Where was the SBB 3.0? They could’ve Road the hype wave that 2016 1s began. They got greedy and slacked off. But I’m telling you, limiting stuff won’t save them

Nike Mag, Vapormax, and Hyperadapt

Only one that was were the 4s

2014: 6s, 2015: 8s, and 2016: 3s

This doesn't make sense

They were originally a mid top, that's why

Nike Mag, Vapormax, and Hyperadapt

Only one that was were the 4s

2014: 6s, 2015: 8s, and 2016: 3s

This doesn't make sense

They were originally a mid top, that's why

Red Point: I’m talking about Jordans
Orange point: No Nike Air retros dropped in 2017
Violet point: Not sure if you’re disputing, but I’m not even sure what Black Friday drop is happening this year.
Lime point; aside from the Royal 1s, and all star 1s, every other 1 that was a (1s) GR was a Premium Essentials dual release with a white(including sails) pair and a black pair.
Edit: Forgot the metallic 1s
Light Purple point: Yes, but a lot of folks wanted a high and I’m sure that would’ve garnered even more interest in the shoe. When JB re released the China xq 1s, they were a high instead of mid.

Lol. I think I'm following you here. But repped for your response.

I appreciate it, not much Jordan Brand can do with innovation since the brand was built of nostalgia. There are only a few Nike Air retros (2-6) they can do, only two left for the Jordan 3 (after February), three for the Jordan 4, three for the Jordan 5, and four for the Jordan 6 so they have to spread them out accordingly.

I appreciate it, not much Jordan Brand can do with innovation since the brand was built of nostalgia. There are only a few Nike Air retros (2-6) they can do, only two left for the Jordan 3 (after February), three for the Jordan 4, three for the Jordan 5, and four for the Jordan 6 so they have to spread them out accordingly.
12 is more than a few lol. I’m confused as to whether my original point is being disputed.
And some business commentators say that Jordan rerealesing the same models over the years is has doomed them long term.

Lol. I think I'm following you here. But repped for your response.
Not to nitpick, but his first three points didn’t actually engage the points he highlighted in my post. He didn’t understand the forth point I made.

They should focus on producing retros with the same quality as the originals and at sensible prices. They can sell the brand new signature shoe with the latest tech and materials for $185 but they sell a 20 or 30 year old shoe with cheaper materials than they had 20 years ago and in some instances removed tech for $220?
I'm tired of being bamboozled by Nike and I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way. I've grown to distrust Nike and their propensity to cut costs at every corner while still asking for premium prices. That is why they are losing sales to Adidas, not because their product isn't limited enough.

Limiting stuff won’t help them in the long term. They switch up every few years with some change and I’m sure buyers will be sick of it. Mass production did help sitting, but I’m sure $190 hurt them too. Adidas wins because they keep bringing out brand new designs and innovations. Jordan brand has marketed retros in a way that no one will ever support new models that aren’t retros. They should have pandered to hypebeasts and dropped the Toro 5s with bomber jacket 8 quantities instead of those blood/crip 5s, playoff 13s and other new 13s in 2017. They made a killing in 2016 off of the new 12s that dropped. What happened to limited Champagne and Cigar drops? Not 1 hyped nike air retro? No Cherry 12? What happened to the Black Friday drop being a popular air jordan? Why was the royal 1 and all star 1s the only non black pair/white pair 1s that dropped in 2017? Why the **** did they make the new love 1s a mid? Where was the SBB 3.0? They could’ve Road the hype wave that 2016 1s began. They got greedy and slacked off. But I’m telling you, limiting stuff won’t save them

I disagree that nobody supports new models. People who buy performance basketball shoes to actually play basketball always consider the flagship Jordan line because they have established themselves well over the years. Look at how many NBA players wore the XXX1s last season-even the ones signed to JB could’ve worn other Jordans but they wore those.

That said, you are correct in that the bulk of their profits are coming from cheaper-to-produce retros.

I just thought of this a few days ago. Jordan Brand is listening to the 16-24 demographic. We have to remember that between the ages of 16-22 their brains are still developing and they don't know any better. This demographic says they want stuff limited and love the thrill of trying to secure the shoes and lining up for releases. These are the very same age groups that like the ****ery and violence that goes on during releases from 2011-2014. They want to see people fight, get hurt, or even worse because they think that's exciting or social media worthy. In conclusion, they just want to be entertained by madness.

I just thought of this a few days ago. Jordan Brand is listening to the 16-24 demographic. We have to remember that between the ages of 16-22 their brains are still developing and they don't know any better. This demographic says they want stuff limited and love the thrill of trying to secure the shoes and lining up for releases. These are the very same age groups that like the ****ery and violence that goes on during releases from 2011-2014. They want to see people fight, get hurt, or even worse because they think that's exciting or social media worthy. In conclusion, they just want to be entertained by madness.
I think I know what your trying to say. Younger peoples maturity can cause a lot of problems. Drama is entertaining to many, but older people are guilty of that as well. Yes, the thrill of the hunt can be more enticing to a 17 year old then it is to a 35 year old. Younger generation wants to be exclusive, while many of us older guys don't make that a priority. Nothing wrong with either mindset at all. Nike/JB has always geared toward kids. That's nothing new. Not to go way off topic with this, but your wording may be a little off. But I understand what your trying to say though. Jordanhead718212 is right. There has been violence over Jordans since the 90s. With the social media we have today that we didn't have then, you now are just able to see it more. But its always been there. 2011 didn't start this.

It does makes sense. Its the allure of having something unattainable (limited product). That will drive up hype and demand. Even though its bad publicity for people to act violently over a pair of shoes just because the company didnt make that many pairs is a big deal. Because it makes the public think subconsciously am i missing out on something because these people are acting crazy over these shoes. Now you might have even more old and new consumers come right back. So now they might have more new consumers + old consumers fighting over few pairs. Like ive said before.

You can take them limiting future releases lightly if you want. But we all know how hard it was a few years ago just to get a GR release. I think its going to be worse this time around. Because the shoes are made a little better compared to 6 to 8 years ago. This is a smart business strategy if this was there entire plan from the jump. Demand will be through the roof. Cats are going to plan on buying resell on the first day if they strike out. Better eat now while you can.

I agree ^. But it is unfortunate that Nikes little business plan may cost lives. Which should always be valued more than a pair of shoes.

I think I know what your trying to say. Younger peoples maturity can cause a lot of problems. Drama is entertaining to many, but older people are guilty of that as well. Yes, the thrill of the hunt can be more enticing to a 17 year old then it is to a 35 year old. Younger generation wants to be exclusive, while many of us older guys don't make that a priority. Nothing wrong with either mindset at all. Nike/JB has always geared toward kids. That's nothing new. Not to go way off topic with this, but your wording may be a little off. But I understand what your trying to say though. Jordanhead718212 is right. There has been violence over Jordans since the 90s. With the social media we have today that we didn't have then, you now are just able to see it more. But its always been there. 2011 didn't start this.

I know people were getting killed over Jordans in the 90s but I'm talking mainly about this generation.

Ive never seen people get killed or maimed or beat up over Yeezy,s over the time span of years. JB/Nike knows what there doing. Its really smart though. 250,000 - 500,000 pairs of 11 Concords, Nike Air Black/infrared 6 with the OG material, Nike Air White/Fire Red and 3M and 5,s will freak people out. Because were getting a close to OG form retro. But not enough pairs to go around.

This will definitely effect low income urban areas. Those areas are where the robberies and murders happen. Already seen some fools on IG saying they’ll do anything necessary to get the concords, even shooting people. It’s the dark side of capitalism that has a negative effect on the low income areas. This attempt to bring back hype will cost lives. I don’t even believe that limiting stuff will actually help Jordan brands bottom line long term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom