STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i use these jaybird bluebuds. they work really well. no more worrying about crushing the phone in my pocket with dumbells. no more frayed wires. the only downside to bluetooth headphones is when i forget to charge them :frown:

not a cross fit diss. (love those 2 ladies btw, super attractive to have that drive)

but what does it mean to be first in 15.5 WOD

15.5 was a time based workout

27 Calorie Row
27 Thrusters (95/65)
21 Calorie Row
21 Thrusters
15 Calorie Row
15 Thrusters
9 Calorie Row
9 Thrusters

Fastest time for males was 5:15. Fastest time for females was 6:26 by Colleen Fotsch.

That's what it means to be first in 15.5.

I use skull candy wired ones that are $10 from marshalls and they are far superior as far as sound quality goes. I bought a pair of Powerbeats off Craigslist bc some guy was slinging them for $50 brand new so I figured why not, everyone raves about them. They sounded like total crap. I sold them for $75. I have two friends who ordered cheap wireless ones that sound just as good as any others. You said you bought them partially bc of the way they look? Yet I'm catching shade for my opinion. Ok.

I know you're a cool dude from here so no need to go back and forth on this, to each their own.

I aint tryna sound like a ****head, dont take it personal fam. We cool.

But maybe you did get a fake pair cause theres a HUGE difference from Beats and Skullcandy's. I bought one of the higher rated running headphones when I researched good running headphones, they were $25 off Amazon (Pioneer brand, forgot the model) and THOSE were comparable to Skullcandy's. No bass whatsoever.

Keep in mind also some people are more audiophiles than others, so something sounding decent to the average consumer is gonna be "trash" to an audiophile. Im not a huge audiophile by any means but I can spot differences pretty well.

Its like someone new to tattoos thinking everything they see on IG is hot, but to me (for those who know me and seen my tattoos, im a huge tattoo guy) it might just be average.

I aint tryna sound like a ****head, dont take it personal fam. We cool.

But maybe you did get a fake pair cause theres a HUGE difference from Beats and Skullcandy's. I bought one of the higher rated running headphones when I researched good running headphones, they were $25 off Amazon (Pioneer brand, forgot the model) and THOSE were comparable to Skullcandy's. No bass whatsoever.

Keep in mind also some people are more audiophiles than others, so something sounding decent to the average consumer is gonna be "trash" to an audiophile. Im not a huge audiophile by any means but I can spot differences pretty well.

Its like someone new to tattoos thinking everything they see on IG is hot, but to me (for those who know me and seen my tattoos, im a huge tattoo guy) it might just be average.
Yup. Everything he said.

Beats are marketed toward younger crowds seeking bigger, fuller sounds with big bass. They may be overpriced in comparison to what other headphones will give you at the same price, but understand the marketing hype around them. If you wanna be cool, but Beats. Not that that's a bad thing, Wireless Power Beats interest me. I like the look, I like the brand, I like what they're associated with. I'm not a giant audiophile hoping for really distinct high ends or headphones to bring out the brass sections or whatever audiophiles like. I've owned the old studios and solos, they gave me what I wanted from them, got both for the low, so it was all good.

But there is an absolute difference between Skullcandy and Beats headphones at any level. I get the hate for Beats, but even though you're overpaying you're still getting better quality then the low end brands you find at target. A better comparison would maybe be the Apple ear buds which are impeccable for the price and the fact you get them free with any Apple purchase.

I don't disagree with anything you said. Nah they were def real though. The beats did have a lot more bass but besides that I couldnt tell much of a difference, esp for the price tag. But like you said I'm not an "audiophile".. Didn't even know that was a term lol.

Saulgoodman

Its cool, I mean if those Skullycandys work for you thats cool, youll be saving a ton of money. :lol:

Apple headphones I agree arent bad at all yet they get a ton of hate. Only thing is I wish they would fit my ears better.

The new ones they have now were weird as hell. They were KILLING my ears, I had to take them out. But once I found the right fit I was golden.

They have the Original powerbeats it blue, orange, and I think pink on Sears' website for $70. Would just settled for them over $200 for wireless.

They arent super loud though Boss, maybe it has to do with the fact they are meant for runners who need to hear cars, etc.

If you want loud, you might be better off with over the ear Beats like Solo's or Studio's.

I still haven't found THE pair to last me longer than a few months. Cheap Bluetooth ones were cool but the flexible handle lost a screw so one ear piece is flip floppy.

Bought some Audio Technica wired ones that were perfect up until the right ear lost some sound. like 50 bucks.

Might dip back into Bluetooth but need something that will actually ******* last and sound just as good. Might look into the jaybirds again.

Might look into the jaybirds again.
that's why i got the jaybirds. every pair of headphones prior had either frayed wires or lost sound on one side. the jaybirds are built to withstand heavy sweat. never going back to wired headphones for workouts ever again. got a pair of bluetooth headphones for my wife and she loves them too.

I'm using the Jaybirds now and I like them a lot. Of course, I was using the apple headphones before this but anytime I tried cheap wired ones like skull candy or something it would only last like a month before one ear would give out. Same with the audio technicas I ordered, and those things wouldn't stay in my ears for ****.

I'd have a hard time going back to lifting/training with wired headphones. Nice to not have that distraction.

Jaybirds dont have a hook for your ear though, that was the only thing putting me off, I run a lot so I woudnt know if they would stay in my ear.

Ya'll were good?

mine are looped in from behind the ear and the "wing" thingy stabilizes it pretty good so that even if i jump rope, it's pretty snug.

:lol:

Are they worth $200? No. But what nowadays is worth their retail price? I'll wait.

Wasn't there a study done that it only cost like $12 bucks to manufacture beats? and the actual retail if not for the name would only be like $40.

15.5 was a time based workout

Fastest time for males was 5:15. Fastest time for females was 6:26 by Colleen Fotsch.

That's what it means to be first in 15.5.

so colleen is a beast...... plus i dont know what any of those work outs are

so I just watched that WOD video.....
so she makes a youtube vid, of her doing that................(Cant quite think of an adjective for it)
and then she gets a title of #1 female WOD'er in the world????

I feel like the cross fit hate is justified after watching that.

and dont get me wrong she's strong as hell and her body is gooooooood but come on...

Wasn't there a study done that it only cost like $12 bucks to manufacture beats? and the actual retail if not for the name would only be like $40.

The same thing ca be said about a lot of things though, Nike and Jordan shoes come to mind first....

Back
Top Bottom