STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Kept playing around with those handheld gameboy-looking omicron digital body fat gizmos.

Kept getting 4-5%. I'll be generous to the Stay/Get Back In Shape Vol.3.0 Gods and say that I'm maybe more like 8-10%?

What's the margin of error on those badboys? That brand/particular one?

Those measure using the amount of water in your body. They can be highly inaccurate

Last edited:
Hit 315 on squat for a total of 5 times today , thought that would've been my PR but it was way too light . Gonna try 365 by next week .

Yeah I know they aren't gonna be as good as the tub.

Haven't worked out yet but haven't eaten whole meal since breakfast been at work.

I'm trying to get it under .8% for the summer.

Kept playing around with those handheld gameboy-looking omicron digital body fat gizmos.

Kept getting 4-5%. I'll be generous to the Stay/Get Back In Shape Vol.3.0 Gods and say that I'm maybe more like 8-10%?

Pretty big... do you look like the first guy

I got some results of my weight loss jurney today. I kept the last one I had done. My wife works at a physical therapy office the have a machine that reads your body.
This is from 4-8-2015
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20150606_112931.jpg.html

And this is from today 6-6-2015
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20150606_112922.jpg.html

I'm not ware I want to be but I'm heading in the right direction hopefully I'll be ware I want to be at by November.

For those who are lifting/squatting, do you just buy beater clothes?

I should be more careful with spending $ because I just ripped through the shoulders of 2 shirts this week.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
What body fat percentage would you say this guy has? His abs look more shredded than the rest of his body.

11420464_1443365972633024_596186964_n.jpg

For those who are lifting/squatting, do you just buy beater clothes?

I should be more careful with spending $ because I just ripped through the shoulders of 2 shirts this week.

:lol:  

:lol: how do you rip through your shirt while squatting? didn't know that was a thing

Pretty big... do you look like the first guy

I've measured at 12% on the handheld things and looked more like the 25% guy.:smh:

I've been dieting for 6 weeks, dropped 12lbs in the first 2 weeks (water weight) and haven't dropped a pound since.
Stil killing the gym 4-6 times a week and try to do 30 mins elliptical on top of weight training regimen. Eating at a -500 caloric deficit (1500-1800cals), so I'm not sure why I'm not dropping.

My carbs are usually

Last edited:
I've measured at 12% on the handheld things and looked more like the 25% guy.:smh:

I've been dieting for 6 weeks, dropped 12lbs in the first 2 weeks (water weight) and haven't dropped a pound since.
Stil killing the gym 4-6 times a week and try to do 30 mins elliptical on top of weight training regimen. Eating at a -500 caloric deficit (1500-1800cals), so I'm not sure why I'm not dropping.

My carbs are usually

My carbs are usually

Last edited:
I use myfitnesspal. I haven't been tracking olive or coconut oil usage, but I usually keep them to less that 2 tbsp.

my BMR = 1,971 which I haven't been following until this past week. Apparently my maintenance is 2 800 cals for 3+ days of exercise per week. So, I've been under-eating this whole time?

In the gym I've been sticking with compound movements w/ intense workouts bench, squats, weighted dips and pullups, hardly no breaks and throw isolation workouts in at the end. 30mins of cardio before or after.. I'm getting stronger and building muscle which is mind boggling, because I apparently haven't been more than my maintenance.

Yeah. MyFitnessPal is good for tracking but bad for calculating calories and percentages IMO. IIFYM app is probably better for that. Sounds like you're on the right track in the weight room. Try eating a bit more and making sure you're drinking a ton of water.

I'm sure one of the leaner, Jewbacca type dudes could help more with getting over plateaus tho.

I'm sure one of the leaner, Jewbacca type dudes could help more with getting over plateaus tho.
The worst thing about being lean is how much harder you have to work to get leaner 
laugh.gif

Once you get a certain point, every little detail matters. Marcos, extra cardio, meal timing. 
I've measured at 12% on the handheld things and looked more like the 25% guy.
mean.gif

My carbs are usually <150 grams, so I'm thinking either my carbs are too low or I'm just not eating enough. I didn't think I would plateau so early, considering I've lost 80lbs in the past and it was dropping daily..
It's not uncommon to gain strength while losing weight at first. However, I promise you that phase will not last forever 
laugh.gif

To contine to lose weight, I'd suggest adding volume or more cardio. Dropping your calories any lower would be screaming for weight gain in the long term.

I don't know how much time you can spend in the gym every day, but it might be more beneficial to break up your lifting and cardio into separate sessions so you can go more intense in those time frames.

There's a million variables and no cookie cut answer, you just have to play around and find what works for you.  

Back
Top Bottom