STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The worst thing about being lean is how much harder you have to work to get leaner :lol:

Once you get a certain point, every little detail matters. Marcos, extra cardio, meal timing. 

It's not uncommon to gain strength while losing weight at first. However, I promise you that phase will not last forever :lol:

To contine to lose weight, I'd suggest adding volume or more cardio. Dropping your calories any lower would be screaming for weight gain in the long term.

I don't know how much time you can spend in the gym every day, but it might be more beneficial to break up your lifting and cardio into separate sessions so you can go more intense in those time frames.

There's a million variables and no cookie cut answer, you just have to play around and find what works for you.  

I knew you'd come through :lol:

that's the worst part, maintaining that leanness.. if i could be 12-15% year round I would take it (then diet to about 8 for summer time fun)

I'm sure one of the leaner, Jewbacca type dudes could help more with getting over plateaus tho.

The worst thing about being lean is how much harder you have to work to get leaner :lol:

Once you get a certain point, every little detail matters. Marcos, extra cardio, meal timing. 
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
I've measured at 12% on the handheld things and looked more like the 25% guy.:smh:

I've been dieting for 6 weeks, dropped 12lbs in the first 2 weeks (water weight) and haven't dropped a pound since.

Stil killing the gym 4-6 times a week and try to do 30 mins elliptical on top of weight training regimen. Eating at a -500 caloric deficit (1500-1800cals), so I'm not sure why I'm not dropping.

My carbs are usually

Can i have dome ribs with my sauce. ...amirite. amirite...

Jk i hardly ever eat ribs i dont cook myself.. such a waste of money at most chain restaurants

That was me at my leanest (tiny I know). I was on about 1700 calories a day, exercising 6 times  week. Was always in a down mood because of calorie restriction and that's only about 10% in my estimation. Anything sub 10% is nightmarish

My estimate is that I have 20-25% BF right now, my goal is around 12-15%. Got a lot of work to do this summer

Well guys had a pretty solid day today.

Opened up with 473 on squats and got red lighted for depth, so I took it for a second and got it. This was a mental curve ball considering Ive never been red lighted for it before.

This kind of messed up my game plan but I went ahead with the plan and said **** it and took 540 for my 3rd like I had plan and got it. Ive never made that big of a jump before.

Bench went easy except for my back cramping up, finished with 370 with some in the tank.

I was gassed by the time deadlifts came up, we were in an old basketball arena that had no ac so I was sweating like a pig :lol:

Hit 551 on my 3rd which moved quick but locked out slow, thats a big area I have to work on. 

Thats almost a 100b increase since my last one in November.

1500+ is happening later this year :pimp:  

how long did it take for you to get that strong? jesus dude you're haulin ***

how long did it take for you to get that strong? jesus dude you're haulin ***
I totaled 1218 almost a year ago on 6/15 then I hit this most recent total at like 253 or something. So that's what almost a 250lb total gain while gaining a little over 50lbs bodyweight? There's one way to get stronger, plus newb gains
laugh.gif

I hadn't been powerlifting a year before I did my first meet though. Just followed 5x5 and stuck with it.

I had also cut for my first meet about 10lbs so I wasn't walking around at sub 200.

If you need any help just let me know.

Last edited:
Tennis/Golfer's elbow remedies? I swear every 3 months its something going on with my body. :smh:

Foam roll your triceps, biceps, and forearm. Try some bio freeze on the affected area and maybe some ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory. Be careful and patient with what exercises you choose. Im dealing with it right now and it's a *****. Takes forever to go away. Just avoid movements that aggravate it.

Finally got some relief for my herniated disc by incorporating reverse hyper-extensions to my workouts.

Completely stopped squatting and started to do a lot of lower back and ab exercises in it's place.

My back has never felt better and the pain has subdued about 75-80%. I still get some pain when i wake up in the morning or stand for hours on end, but for the most part, not much pain.

Going to wait for another 6-7 months and see how I feel when I squat.

That's fine if you're already used to rolling out. Lacrosse ball might be too painful for someone not used to SMR and they tend to bail out before releasing enough tension. Just depends on what your used to. Tennis ball might be a better way to start or progress.

Been getting my ish together and one of the final steps is my physique. Was gonna wait until I got my car before I joined a gym but it's getting out of hand :lol: I feel 22 and washed most days

Definitely going to read through a lot of this thread to find out how you guy have been training

Any advice on figuring out your weakness on the bench and trying to correct it? Lately when I fail, it feels like I pull something in my back or it tightens up every time. I know bench is a full body exercise but that just doesn't seem right :lol:

Any advice on figuring out your weakness on the bench and trying to correct it? Lately when I fail, it feels like I pull something in my back or it tightens up every time. I know bench is a full body exercise but that just doesn't seem right
laugh.gif
It sounds like your hips are shooting up and your *** is coming off the bench, watch this video.

hit a PR 415 for 4. geezus that $ hit was heavy... i felt good. I wanted to stop doing reg squats for a while last week but i had to do it one more time.. attempted front squats today. just doesn't feel comfortable to me

Back
Top Bottom