STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man I lost so much motivation/drive.... Its like a need a damn pre workout EVERY TIME 
mean.gif

Funny thing i intentionally went 6 weeks with no stimulus. No caffeine. No b12s nothing

Ct fletcher was my Pre wo

So I was playing around with my hang cleans the other day, noticed something and tried it again today. Seems to work.

One concept I've been playing around with is load placement, or where to feel the tension or load the weight on the hands/feet. For instance, if I'm doing a tricep push down on the cable machine, I want to focus on pushing the weight down with the outside half of my hand, rather than the inside half of my hand (uh think karate chop), rather than the inside part of my hand (which could lead to internally rotating my shoulders, which would recruit other muscles that I probably didn't intend to).

Anyway, with the clean, you often hear people of a "second pull", that second pull when the bar is already at around the hips. What never made sense is how you're supposed to pull again if your muscles are already firing. In other words, I was trying to come up with a way to actually pull again, and not just arbitrarily convince myself I was pulling again (however weakly).

So I have these 5 fingers, but I like to group them in 3 different groups: pinky and ring finger, index and middle finger and also the thumb. The thumb is so cool. Each group will allow me to fire some muscles more than the other group, it seems like. Maybe you guys have noticed this kind of thing.

So say I'm setting up for a power clean (more specifically, I'm starting on blocks, chilling with my glutes flexed, abs tense, bar at hip height), then get into a slight knee bend before hinging at my hips to lower the bar (again, I'm experimenting so I'm not letting the bar hit the ground; these are all power cleans; plus I'm at 24 hour fitness and I hate dropping anything so nothing ever touches the ground if I can avoid it).

While I'm lowering the bar, I'm making sure to save some ammo (or some muscles) and focuse on keeping the tension on the index/middle finger as much as I can (by loosening grip on the other fingers). Now I go into that "first pull" by extending my knees and hips (while maintaining the tension on the index/middle finger as much as I can) and then once I'm up I get into using my pinky/ring finger for that second pull (which I was saving for this occasion). The bar comes up noticeably easier than if I had just been muscling up the bar with my grip far throughout my fingers. Now when the bar is up and I feel ready to get under I pivot with the thumb (trying to get it to point upward through the bar) and my elbows get under faster that way.

So anyway tl;dr thinking of the hand as having 3 different shots at the bar has helped my clean (first pull focusing on bringing the bar up with the index/middle finger; second high pull focusing on the pinky/ring finger; final pseudo pull focusing on the thumb attempting to go up through the bar and acting like a lever to shoot the elbows under the bar).

tl;dr the tl;dr parceling out the tension seems to help. Hope this makes some kind of sense and I don't the lolwut treatment.

So I was playing around with my hang cleans the other day, noticed something and tried it again today. Seems to work.

One concept I've been playing around with is load placement, or where to feel the tension or load the weight on the hands/feet. For instance, if I'm doing a tricep push down on the cable machine, I want to focus on pushing the weight down with the outside half of my hand, rather than the inside half of my hand (uh think karate chop), rather than the inside part of my hand (which could lead to internally rotating my shoulders, which would recruit other muscles that I probably didn't intend to).

Anyway, with the clean, you often hear people of a "second pull", that second pull when the bar is already at around the hips. What never made sense is how you're supposed to pull again if your muscles are already firing. In other words, I was trying to come up with a way to actually pull again, and not just arbitrarily convince myself I was pulling again (however weakly).

So I have these 5 fingers, but I like to group them in 3 different groups: pinky and ring finger, index and middle finger and also the thumb. The thumb is so cool. Each group will allow me to fire some muscles more than the other group, it seems like. Maybe you guys have noticed this kind of thing.

So say I'm setting up for a power clean (more specifically, I'm starting on blocks, chilling with my glutes flexed, abs tense, bar at hip height), then get into a slight knee bend before hinging at my hips to lower the bar (again, I'm experimenting so I'm not letting the bar hit the ground; these are all power cleans; plus I'm at 24 hour fitness and I hate dropping anything so nothing ever touches the ground if I can avoid it).

While I'm lowering the bar, I'm making sure to save some ammo (or some muscles) and focuse on keeping the tension on the index/middle finger as much as I can (by loosening grip on the other fingers). Now I go into that "first pull" by extending my knees and hips (while maintaining the tension on the index/middle finger as much as I can) and then once I'm up I get into using my pinky/ring finger for that second pull (which I was saving for this occasion). The bar comes up noticeably easier than if I had just been muscling up the bar with my grip far throughout my fingers. Now when the bar is up and I feel ready to get under I pivot with the thumb (trying to get it to point upward through the bar) and my elbows get under faster that way.

So anyway tl;dr thinking of the hand as having 3 different shots at the bar has helped my clean (first pull focusing on bringing the bar up with the index/middle finger; second high pull focusing on the pinky/ring finger; final pseudo pull focusing on the thumb attempting to go up through the bar and acting like a lever to shoot the elbows under the bar).

tl;dr the tl;dr parceling out the tension seems to help. Hope this makes some kind of sense and I don't the lolwut treatment.

This dude thinking it's all in the fingers, :lol:

Did you hook grip?

You know, I'll just stop, I'm hoping he goes back and deletes the post once he thinks about how dumb he sounds.

I don't want this life anymore.

The only thing I'll say is, if you can understand why raising your toes off the ground might hinder your squat, then the crap I wrote might make sense. Anyway, sorry if it was truly offensive...get money get ******* brohams.

Last edited:
Those were the only two pairs I saw. One was anthracite/black and the other was cool grey/black/purple.

weren't they about $100 plus free ship on sports authority? someone sent me a link but i passed. anyone know how is the heel raise compared to romaleos?

Whats the difference betweem squating in romaleos and putting a small plabk or weight under your heels. ?

My boy let me try his. Thats what it elt like

Come on T don't be one of those guys bro

DJM that was a legit question.. my dude was telling me he only uses it for squating and nothing else..
my question is why would I pay that much just for squating.

Last edited:
The shoes are awesome, they make you feel planted into the ground. The elevated heel can help you go lower.

The weights under the heels are supposed to mimic the elevated heel. Personally I think its kind of dangerous but most of the time people doing it aren't using much weight.

Some people in here will say you should work on your mobility so you don't need either one.

Last edited:
The Romaleos encourage creating an arch in your foot by giving your toes and angle into the ground. Imagine placing a 2.5 plate below your toes and trying to squat 900 pounds you might just fall back because you're just not as stable by not being attached to the ground properly. Having an arch in your foot helps to maintain a closed circuit and allows you to focus on creating torque by externally rotating your hips (or driving your knees outside to allow your hips to descend properly).

Also there is literally wood in them so there's no bounciness and you maintain tension throughout the squat. It's kinda funny knowing you're paying a ton for wood.

I've been enjoying them more and more lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom