STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Would taking BCAAs when not working out reduce the rate of muscle loss?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm about to go 2-3 weeks without gym access on vacation.

The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm about to go 2-3 weeks without gym access on vacation.
enjoy your vacation brother.

but also just hit some pushups and ab work. find a tree and pull up. and of course run!!!!

but most of all enjoy

Ive been on vaca all week, found a local gym and ****** **** up.

#noexcuses #whatwouldJEWdo 

Man, I don't eem care, when I'm somewhere on vacation, I get my fat on

Lots of food
Lots of alcohol
Lots of sunshine
Lots of pampering

Only way to do it

i eat like a madman when i vacation in japan. walk more there in one day than i do in one year at home though.

Going to Japan for 2 weeks next month, will be eating everything in sight.

I will be training at my friends kickboxing gym though and will probably find a place to lift as well.

Food in japan is sort of pricey and so are their gyms for a one day pass. You'll honestly probably be eating out of 7 11 and family mart the most. 3 of my meals a day came out of there.

As far as bcaa its not going to stop muscle loss but thats also something you shouldnt worry about too much. It takes quite awhile to truly lose muscle. Just make sure ur getting in bcaas more than just pre and post workout. Really good article about it in the most recent muscle and fitness

I'd imagine once you factor in the bush, it adds up to quite a few.
:rofl:

You'll honestly probably be eating out of 7 11 and family mart the most. 3 of my meals a day came out of there.
my man knows! i had this okra+natto roll from family mart - must have ate like 10 of those during a 4 day trip. the priciest thing i ate in japan was lunch at a kobe beef restaurant for my wife's bday. came out to like $300. ate an $70 steak bento from tokyo station on my way to disney. other than that, i'm all about convenience stores, ramen and bakeries.

Last edited:
Food in japan is sort of pricey and so are their gyms for a one day pass. You'll honestly probably be eating out of 7 11 and family mart the most. 3 of my meals a day came out of there.

I'll be staying at my friends place and he might have weights at his gym or have a hook up at another gym to lift. He's a pretty well known fighter over there, so he probably has a a connection. Otherwise I can just train muay Thai like a beast.

As for food being expensive, I expected as much, but I'll be saving costs on housing and will probably spend a decent amount on good food. I'll still do some budget eating at the conbini.

If u find a golds gym. They have those ostrich sticks. Good little spurce of protein.
Other than that i bought a 2lb jug of protein with me on the plane. Between that and the sushi rolls out of family mart i was pretty set.
Also indulged in a few sushi conveyer belt places. Dropped no less tha. 15 each time.

As far as bcaa its not going to stop muscle loss but thats also something you shouldnt worry about too much. It takes quite awhile to truly lose muscle. Just make sure ur getting in bcaas more than just pre and post workout. Really good article about it in the most recent muscle and fitness

Just like bcaas arent going to stop muscle loss, taking them wont increase muscle mass significantly either.

Theres been some questionable bcaa info floating around the last few pages.

I understand. I never said it would. Increase. I was waiting for Druden to come in on the topic.
Would u advise them to take free form or no?

Yes. I'd focus more on getting protein from real food sources though.

Last edited:
Anyone in hear ever tried dymatize -iso 100. I'm thinking about picking up the fudge Browne flavor. I need a lactose free protein. I've been drinking one that I get from foodlion for 1.50 each which has 190 calories, 12 carbs and 30 protein.

Ok I guess I'll just eat a **** ton of meat every day. I'm going on a road trip next Saturday so I don't really have much time to visit any commercial gyms. I'll be camping around but I do have a Harbinger PowerAmp cable that I can use for resistance. I could also fireman carry my friend and do squats but I don't know if he'd like that. I don't want to admit it but I am looking forward to taking ah extended break from the gym to see the US.

I'll update my thread that I created awhile ago with pictures of the trip for those that are interested.

Double chocolate ON protein + coffee + a spoonful of coconut oil + half a cup of milk or almond milk is literally crack.

Been taking in more coconut oil recently since I started tracking macros. Feel like a gawd

Finally had quinoa. Not bad. Idk if id replace my rice for it. But id def throw it in salads like this to fill me up

dunno how you get the mediums on bigboss. almost dislocated my fingers pulling these up my leg and mine are large. feels great once they're on! not as much pop as my TKs but the extra length makes the SBDs feel much more supportive. they feel way more durable too. do they stretch out any?

Back
Top Bottom