STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It was funny because the chick who weighed me wasn't even thrown off by that, just carried on like it was nothing. She was just like "you eat a lot of fast food don't you?" :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody ever step on one of those bmi scales? How accurate are those things? First time it said I have the metabolism of an 87 year old :lol:. Did it again and my bmi was 23.7, 18% body fat, body water 56%, visceral fat 4 and some other stuff

f bmi

For those of you who are doing or have done PHAT, what were your strength gains like comparison to programs such as 5/3/1?

I've been running PHAT since the start of the summer and it's been much more beneficial to me hyoertrophy'wise then overall strength.

Anybody ever step on one of those bmi scales? How accurate are those things? First time it said I have the metabolism of an 87 year old
laugh.gif
. Did it again and my bmi was 23.7, 18% body fat, body water 56%, visceral fat 4 and some other stuff
Yes very inaccurate indeed! It was some crazy ranges haha. Metabolism of a 87 is what 
roll.gif
 slow *** dirt haha

For those of you who are doing or have done PHAT, what were your strength gains like comparison to programs such as 5/3/1?

I've been running PHAT since the start of the summer and it's been much more beneficial to me hyoertrophy'wise then overall strength.

My 5/3/1 gains were good. But personally PHAT made me not only strong but more flexible and functional.
Not only was my strength increasing but i was getting deeper and more reps.
I feel PHAT helped me a lot mlre. My hypertrophy gains were a hell of a lot better too.
5/3/1 was good for purely #s for me. But the real gains and body change ive been seeing with PHaT

My 5/3/1 gains were good. But personally PHAT made me not only strong but more flexible and functional.

Not only was my strength increasing but i was getting deeper and more reps.

I feel PHAT helped me a lot mlre. My hypertrophy gains were a hell of a lot better too.

5/3/1 was good for purely #s for me. But the real gains and body change ive been seeing with PHaT
Yea 531 is to break pass PRs or just strength numbers. Or at least fix the accessory lifts to hit quality hypertrophy work. You still doing PHAT bro or doing something new?

Im still doing PHAT on week 9 this week. I'm going out of town for work in colorado for 3 weeks. And i dont know what kind of set up ill have as far as gym and food so the plan is to do a lot of hiking and hypertrophy work with whatever hotel gym i have. And do more cardio.since the area is famous for its national parks and hiking.

Meal wise
Ill prob cut carbs there. (I may end up going out to drink with co workers so that may hinder a plan or two ) Come back home in september. Do a clean bulk for 2 weeks then do kris gethins 4 weeks to shred. (Thinking out loud ) then my 30th bday is in october. Plan on being the best version of me on my bday! Halloween is 4 days later ao def going to have to do a costume where shirt is ripped or something.

Last edited:
Im still doing PHAT on week 9 this week. I'm going out of town for work in colorado for 3 weeks. And i dont know what kind of set up ill have as far as gym and food so the plan is to do a lot of hiking and hypertrophy work with whatever hotel gym i have. And do more cardio.since the area is famous for its national parks and hiking.

Meal wise
Ill prob cut carbs there. (I may end up going out to drink with co workers so that may hinder a plan or two ) Come back home in september. Do a clean bulk for 2 weeks then do kris gethins 4 weeks to shred. (Thinking out loud ) then my 30th bday is in october. Plan on being the best version of me on my bday! Halloween is 4 days later ao def going to have to do a costume where shirt is ripped or something.
Thats the hard part. 3 weeks away from the routine you do. But thats smart you got a plan! Gotta have some fun man in life(drink some man lol) Best version of yourself is the goal! Spartan time for halloween? lol

About to hit the playground right quick before it gets too hot outside.

Somebody give me a jailhouse workout (Pauls)

Thats the hard part. 3 weeks away from the routine you do. But thats smart you got a plan! Gotta have some fun man in life(drink some man lol) Best version of yourself is the goal! Spartan time for halloween? lol

yea we'll see how it goes, hope I can meet some people who will be working in my area. if not don't matter. I plan on taking advantage of the area and hiking a lot of push ups sits ups pull ups in the park.

Lol i'm a comic book/ anime nerd. So it will more than likely be something from that.

Am I the only one here who has a gym Nemesis.

like you dont know each other personally, but he's almost your equal in lifts and size. and I swear I will destroy him! its like a alternate you.

Am I the only one here who has a gym Nemesis.

like you dont know each other personally, but he's almost your equal in lifts and size. and I swear I will destroy him! its like a alternate you.
you spending too much time mirin other dudes man.

go lift, its a gym

you spending too much time mirin other dudes man.

go lift, its a gym

Don't we all???

I actually only see him once a month this rivalry dates back to an old gym back in 2005, (when I was actually ADmiring others praying for a better body)

Don't we all???

I actually only see him once a month this rivalry dates back to an old gym back in 2005, (when I was actually ADmiring others praying for a better body)
lol go chop it up w him. yall prob would train well together

My back blew up size wise (all them seal rows)

Bench up by 25 

squats up by 20 in 4 weeks...

DL up by 30..

OHP up by 10...

SLDL up by 25...

DB presses/rows up by 5 lbs... for a 6 week cycle 

Exactly what came to mind lol

Bradley Martyn goal physique

Meal wise

Legit question, whats the purpose of a 2 week clean bulk?

Exactly what came to mind lol

Bradley Martyn goal physique
saw this video the other day it's what made me think of it (since I hadn't seen him in awhile)
Suave you think you're just going to continue to run PHAT

we have a dude about Bradley's size in our gym, but not as cut. damn these genetics. Screw steroids to make you bigger I just ...........

Legit question, whats the purpose of a 2 week clean bulk?

bulk may be the wrong word, but if I'm a bit depleted from my trip and not getting in the food in because of not having a kitchen and living that hotel life. more of a 2 week re-feed. (is that the better word to use)

I leave for vacation on 8/21.

Tdogg what are your plans for when you're on vacation since I know you're cutting also?

I leave for vacation on 8/21.

Tdogg what are your plans for when you're on vacation since I know you're cutting also?

unfortunately mine is a work training, I'll be training mon-fri 9-5.
There's a few state parks near my hotel though. so im going to continue to do my cardio.
if theres a good gym in my hotel, then no problem at all.
If the gym is sub par Probably DTP reps on reps

Bringing (or buying) a 2lb tub of protein, oatmeal, and finding rice cakes and cans of tuna (any store will have that stuff)

Hopefully (if what I heard is true) there will be somewhere I can cook.
also I heard they will be providing lunch. so I'm sure there will be tons of salad bar s and stuff.

I would only have time to drink on Saturdays so I'm sure that wont be a problem

Back
Top Bottom