STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

manateeb.jpg

Just some food for thought. I see a lot of bro science regarding protein consumption.

Excessive protein can have a stimulating effect on an important biochemical pathway called the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR).

This pathway has an important and significant role in many cancers. When you reduce protein to just what your body needs, mTOR remains inhibited, which helps minimize your chances of cancer growth.

Additionally, when you consume too much protein, your body must remove more nitrogen waste products from your blood, which stresses your kidneys. Chronic dehydration can result, as was found in a study involving endurance athletes.

^who cares we're all going to die anyway.
I'd rather die eating tons of bison and ostritch!!!!
BIG BOSS DIET FOR LIFE

Just some food for thought. I see a lot of bro science regarding protein consumption.

Excessive protein can have a stimulating effect on an important biochemical pathway called the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR).

This pathway has an important and significant role in many cancers. When you reduce protein to just what your body needs, mTOR remains inhibited, which helps minimize your chances of cancer growth.

Additionally, when you consume too much protein, your body must remove more nitrogen waste products from your blood, which stresses your kidneys. Chronic dehydration can result, as was found in a study involving endurance athletes.

I never OD on protein (unless I'm feeling savage) but what number would be considered "too much"? And isn't testing it out on endurance athletes going to skew the results? Depending on the type of endurance work being done, those guys can put a ridiculous amount of stress on their body. Like far more than the average lifter? Idk though just wondering.

I haven't worked out consistently in years.

Saw a few big *** tires when I drove by a local high school and it stuck in my head how I always wanted to flip tires and how I thought chopping wood is a great workout. So, I bought a sledgehammer.

Went back to that HS and did my own circuit of flipping, rolling the tire 100 yards (not lazily, but getting in a hit position and punching forward), reps of axe-ing on each side with the sledgehammer, squats and gassers in between. Felt so good, but felt nauseous at the same time. Going back out there on Wednesday.

Last edited:
I haven't worked out consistently in years.

Saw a few big *** tires when I drove by a local high school and it stuck in my head how I always wanted to flip tires and how I thought chopping wood is a great workout. So, I bought a sledgehammer.

Went back to that HS and did my own circuit of flipping, rolling the tire 100 yards (not lazily, but getting in a hit position and punching forward), reps of axe-ing on each side with the sledgehammer, squats and gassers in between. Felt so good, but felt nauseous at the same time. Going back out there on Wednesday.
Nice man! Gotta have fun when you workout! Find the workout that You like and stick to it. Great job man day two now lol

Back
Top Bottom