STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit 385 on close grip today, thats the most Ive ever hit period so I know Im close to 4 plates on regular grip babyyyyyy 
pimp.gif

Watching the X-Fit games on ESPN right now, and I wonder how guys in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA would fare if they competed....

Watching the X-Fit games on ESPN right now, and I wonder how guys in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA would fare if they competed....
Id assume skill players in the NFL would do the best

I think the NFL guys would absolutely beast out there.

I bet they'd do better than those x-fit cats trying to compete in their sport

Well, obviously :lol:

No way you're gonna put one of these X-Fit athletes on something like a NBA court and think they'll all of a sudden become a 3&D threat :lol:

That's why I was wondering how another pro athlete would do in these games...

@JJs07  if you think about NFL players have been doing crossfitters entire sport for a major portion of their lives just in preparance of the game so yea i think they would kill.

To win at crossfit you gotta be good at everything and not have a weakness. I'm sure these NFL dudes will excel at stuff that have to do with one rep maxes and quick sub 3 minute events.

To win at crossfit you gotta be good at everything and not have a weakness. I'm sure these NFL dudes will excel at stuff that have to do with one rep maxes and quick sub 3 minute events.

cross fit is practically sports training which NFL dudes been doing their whole career. I'm sure they'll be great at a vast majority of that stuff

Just because there are shared elements in training doesn't guarantee there's going to be automatic success in a crossover.

What you're doing is like assuming a sprinter is going to be a top marathon runner because he already trains to run

A top weightlifter obviously are excellent at one rep max snatch and clean and jerks and some of the top guys in that sport get winded pretty easily doing Grace (30 clean and jerks) and Isabel (30 snatches) for time, not to mention with weights that are hundreds of pounds below their one rep max.

I saw Dmitry Klokov fail with a 135 pound snatch doing Isabel towards the end and this is a guy with a 400 pound snatch.

Weightlifters squat all the time in their training to excel at their sport and have gained some pretty big back squats in the process. I'd be silly to say that if they were on transfer over to power lifting, that they'd just automatically excel at that sport though, or vice versa.

Last edited:
What you're doing is like assuming a sprinter is going to be a top marathon runner because he already trains to run

I think you're misreading what he said.

I would think football players have a great chance at crossfit games since they're trained to go all out in short successive bursts, not much different from the events at the crossfit games.

You don't go all out in short bursts in crossfit. You have to have a hard, fast pace at about 80 percent.

Look, straight out of James Townsend's mouth, former NFL wide receiver who transitioned to crossfit:

'The hardest transition from football to crossfit is finding your pace. Being a football player you're always taught to go 100 percent. In crossfit you maintain a 80-85 percent pace.'

Last edited:
@JPhysique   Repped, liked, and subbed for the foam rolling video. I've been told countless times to do it. Even had a trainer I'm cool with at the gym show me but I never thought I was really getting it or was even worth it. It felt...too simple I guess? But you made it all look so simple. Pick a body part, and roll. Great video my man. Keep it up.

You don't go all out in short bursts in crossfit. You have to have a hard, fast pace at about 80 percent.

Look, straight out of James Townsend's mouth, former NFL wide receiver who transitioned to crossfit:

'The hardest transition from football to crossfit is finding your pace. Being a football player you're always taught to go 100 percent. In crossfit you maintain a 80-85 percent pace.'

Not saying it's 100% translatable. Just that nobody actually thinks a sprinter can beat a marathon runner in a marathon.

the flaw with the comparison. the fact it would never be as simple as Calvin Johnson taking of his pads, and goign to the xfit games right away

but with that said its easier for him to do that. than any xfit Star (I refuse to call them PRO*) to put on pads and go play wide receiver

as I said before I respect the hell out of their bodies and their work ethic... but i refuse to glorify them for being stars of working out.

Like the point of power lifting is to be the strongest.
football/soccer/bball/baseball who can score the most
golf who has better drive accuracy
race car driving whose the fastest and can handle the cars at that speed
bodybuilding who looks the biggest and proportioned

Cross fit, who gets a better time working out..doing reps.....
(Yes i've watched the games for the past 2 years)

Back
Top Bottom