STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lmaoooo yall crushing all the new comers. Damn I hate nT. Lmaoooo I've been down that road before. Yall some *******s :rofl:

im restarting the ed coan dl program lol. this time im aiming for a 15lb PR increase. 445 to hopefully 460. that 445 was hit last fall though.. im thinking I should try to go test out my 1rm one last time before starting the program. I think imma try to go for 450.

the multis failed me lol.

back to week 1. starting today.

So I'm begining a 12 week competition my job is hosting that awards lean muscle gained and body fat % lost. 1st prize is $2,000.

It starts next week, anyone have any dieting tips or how you would break up bulk/cut? Was thinking about bulking this week before the weigh in 01/31. That or just do a lean bulk slowly each week.
Wish my jobs had these. I envy yall. I'd win so easy

I suggest 4 week cut 1-1.5lb/week. Then slow bulk the other 2 months.

So I'm begining a 12 week competition my job is hosting that awards lean muscle gained and body fat % lost. 1st prize is $2,000.

It starts next week, anyone have any dieting tips or how you would break up bulk/cut? Was thinking about bulking this week before the weigh in 01/31. That or just do a lean bulk slowly each week.

I would shop around bodybuilding.com for a 12 week program. It looks like they charge for programs now but there may be some free ones online.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

Before when they were free I use to pick and choose stuff from Kris Gethin's programs. It's good stuff imo.

I’d gauge the competition. If you have some fat asses that work with you and will likely be participating, and you’re not really a big guy or don’t have much bodyfat go for the lean muscle gained prize. If you have some extra fat already that you can lose then go for it. Definitely bulk like hell before weigh in if that’s what you choose to do. I think another guy did that for a challenge a while back. Eat hella salty foods and drink an *** of water until like a day or 2 before weigh in then drink no water I think was the advice.

Then fast for 10 days before the final weigh in...

Not srs.

Am I the only one who prefers dumbbell chest press over bench? :nerd: Feel like I get a better pump.

Gonna aim for 100lbs incline tonight

more rom on db, but the advantage of the barbell is that you can put more weight on it.

Am I the only one who prefers dumbbell chest press over bench? :nerd: Feel like I get a better pump.

Gonna aim for 100lbs incline tonight

Dumbbells are great because they allow your arms to abduct horizontally across your chest while you're pressing; while on a barbell your arms are in a fixed position throughout the lift.

The very function of the pectorals is to abduct the arms across the torso so you can imagine why some people prefer dumbbells for pectoral activation.

Same reason Arnold favored chest flies for chest pump.

Wish my jobs had these. I envy yall. I'd win so easy

I suggest 4 week cut 1-1.5lb/week. Then slow bulk the other 2 months.

Why you think you’d win easy, you’re already in great shape, I feel like these dumb competitions are geared towards fatasses who can go from 40% bf to 30%. If you’re already lean AF or yolked what are u gonna do

I’d gauge the competition. If you have some fat asses that work with you and will likely be participating, and you’re not really a big guy or don’t have much bodyfat go for the lean muscle gained prize. If you have some extra fat already that you can lose then go for it. Definitely bulk like hell before weigh in if that’s what you choose to do. I think another guy did that for a challenge a while back. Eat hella salty foods and drink an *** of water until like a day or 2 before weigh in then drink no water I think was the advice.

Then fast for 10 days before the final weigh in...

Not srs.

That was the homie @stuntman mike
:rofl:
He gave a crazy detailed tutorial how to win a work weight loss competition , i found it hilarious and also weird

Stuntman you good fam? You used to post in here regularly about how much you’ve fallen off and need to get back on it

Thanks for the vids but imma need someone with some gains or aesthetics talkin about prolonged fasting before I take it seriously. Intermittent fasting is solid but that prolonged fasting and ketosis sounds like some frail guy business. I'm not saying everyone needs to be swole but we I don't go to the gym to look like I'm making those crystal meth gains by not eating.

So glad someone else said it before I could.

There are countless other ways to challenge yourself mentally then fasting. Also if you do it for weight loss purposes, this inlcudes Keto and any other fad diets that have you on low caloric intakes, you're just going to put that weight right back on when you go back to normal eating unless you know how to recomp damn near perfectly.

You cant go hard in the gym when fasting or starving yourself, its been proven countless times. It will also **** with your body in other ways that you don't even realize.

Nobody jacked or strong does this ****. Stay out my face with it. Got me heated man **** a fast.

#FatBoiGang

Last edited:
Quick bench day

Incline
135x10
225x5
255x3
285x1 (pr)

Went up smooth, threw 295 on. Pretty much had it but dude spotting me put his hands under the bar at the very end :smh:. Finished with 225x5x3

Db incline worked up to 100x7
Weighted dips 70x5x3
Incline hammer press 4x10
Rope pulldown 4x12

Find out the exact brand of machine they are using to test you all. Bod pod? BIA? DEXA? Whatever the method, give me the name or model of the machine being used. I can give you a huge advantage on how to make your numbers look way better than what they are

Wait, it's a separate contest for muscle gained and fat loss? I thought he meant whoever gained the most muscle and lost the most fat. That's why I recommended what I did. I need clarity lol

My right knee always has a cracking sound when I squat. Will just turn up the music to ignore it :nerd:

nah brody wear a wrap or compression leggings. you won't be stiff after. my tendinitis hasn't been acting up as of late.

instead of restarting ed coan DL program, i just picked up where I failed, which is week 4.

hit 415 1x2. the second rep felt much easier than the first.. brazy.

5x3 with 345. ripped my right hand again at the last set. still finished the workout though.

Back
Top Bottom