STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You lost me :lol:

5/3/1 uses 3 working sets after 3 warm up sets. The percentages are standardized and go up every set. The percentages are based off 90% of your current 1RM, not your actual 1RM.

The prescribed amount of reps changes depending on the week: 5's week is 3 x 5,5,5+. 3's week is 3 x 3,3,3+. The 3rd week of a cycle is always 3 sets x 5,3,1+.

The + sign denotes that the last set is done AMRAP, i.e. as many clean reps as you can do without compromising form/dying. In week 3, if you get 5 or more reps on the heaviest set, you "earn" Joker sets, which are just more work sets at increasingly higher percentages. Jokers follow the same rep scheme as the week, i.e. 5 rep Jokers in 5's week, 3 reps in 3's week, and singles on 5/3/1 weeks.

Today was 5/3/1 week on BP, it was:
1 x 5 @ 75%, 1 x 3 @ 85%, and 1x1 @ 95%. I hit the last set for 5 reps, so I bumped up the weight for 3 Joker sets.

^
IMG_0061.jpg

damn my friend brought his squat 1rm from 365 to 405 in 2 months :sick:

im startin to get a lil suspicious :nerd:

:lol: jk

Today was one of those days were i felt like **** but the weight was flying. Felt like i coulda pulled 515 but stuck to the program.

Wk6
DL 440x2
Speed 365 3x3
Power shrugs 365x5 x3
SLDL 225x5 x3
Barbell row 225x5 x3
Reverse grip latpulldown 200x5 x3
Good mornings 135x5 x3

Concentration curl 50 10x3
Db hammer curl ran the rack from 50-10
Bike

Legs:

SQ, 5/3/1, RPT
W/U
240x5
270x5
305x5
Jokers: 320x1, 335x1, 355x1, 375x1

Front SQ 3x5
Single-Leg Press 3x10
Leg Extensions 3x12
Lying Leg Curls 3x10
Seated Leg Curls 4x12
Adductor/Abductor 3x12, 3x12
Standing Calf 5x12
Seated Calf 3x20
Abs, Weighted Ab work

Much needed deload week coming up...

Legs..

Squats

340x5
320 3x5

Hamstring curls
Leg exention 2x10

Currently in the theatre waiting for black panther to start lol.

Yo why do people put one of those resistance bands on the bench when they benching? Seen a few people do that but i dont know what its for.

Anyways international chest day

Bench
135x10
225x5
275x3
315x1 x3
275x3 x4
225x10
135x20

Db bench 10x4
Cavle crossovers 10x4
Dips 10x5
Skull crushers 10x4
Rope pulldown 10x4

Bike

Yo why do people put one of those resistance bands on the bench when they benching? Seen a few people do that but i dont know what its for.

Anyways international chest day

Bench
135x10
225x5
275x3
315x1 x3
275x3 x4
225x10
135x20

Db bench 10x4
Cavle crossovers 10x4
Dips 10x5
Skull crushers 10x4
Rope pulldown 10x4

Bike

tension throughout the entire exercise. Depending on your form, tension from gravity can be lost at the very bottom of the movement on the stretch when you bring it down and also at the apex of the press if you push it all the way up and lock out. Bands adds constant tension.

tension throughout the entire exercise. Depending on your form, tension from gravity can be lost at the very bottom of the movement on the stretch when you bring it down and also at the apex of the press if you push it all the way up and lock out. Bands adds constant tension.

Nah not like that. The bands on the actual bench, like vertically. I dunno kinda hard to explain, basically its going from top of the bench to the bottom but its under you when you lay on the bench. Its not on the barbell or the weights

oh..its not on the actual bar? like...they arent interacting with the band at any point during the set? lmaoo thats weird af haha, nah i have no club what thats about.

oh..its not on the actual bar? like...they arent interacting with the band at any point during the set? lmaoo thats weird af haha, nah i have no club what thats about.

Ya thats why its so weird to me :lol:

Ive seen a few people do it, im bout to ask the next person i see whats up with that.

Nah not like that. The bands on the actual bench, like vertically. I dunno kinda hard to explain, basically its going from top of the bench to the bottom but its under you when you lay on the bench. Its not on the barbell or the weights

On the bench pads like this?

no-slip-bench-press-with-resistance-bands.jpg

I do it when the bench is slippery so i dont slide on the lift off, putting my shoulders in a bad position.

Ya exactly like that!

Thats what its for? Makes sense

I don't think that's the only reason(something about muscle engagement, might need to ask a powerlifter) but that's what I was taught by one of my lifting buddies to use it for.

The pads are getting old at my gym so a few of us have been placing the bands on to not slide back on on the lift off. I almost messed up my delt because on the lift my back slid causing the bar(275lbs) to load my shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom