STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

He gave you antibiotics for inflammation...? What?

Why not an anti-inflammatory? weird.

So if you eat 5,000 calories a day for a month, you won't gain any weight?

People like to say calories in versus calories out isn't valid for everyone because they don't accurately count their calories.
DING DING DING!

If you have a fast metabolism with a maintenance level at 5000 calories, eat 5500 and you will gain weight.

Everyone has a maintenance level, you just have to find what it is and either eat above/below it depending on your goal.

So if you eat 5,000 calories a day for a month, you won't gain any weight?

People like to say calories in versus calories out isn't valid for everyone because they don't accurately count their calories.

DING DING DING!

If you have a fast metabolism with a maintenance level at 5000 calories, eat 5500 and you will gain weight.

Everyone has a maintenance level, you just have to find what it is and either eat above/below it depending on your goal.

Well duh that's my point. I'm not trying to gain therefore I don't care how many calories I eat.

But at the same time, you don't know what the person does activities wise. I player soccer, basketball, lift, etc ALOT. So even if I eat 5,000 calories, I'm still burning off a lot of calories just by doing what I do in my life. Every person is different is what I'm saying.

Guys who just lift and stay away from cardio will gain weight by doing the calories in vs out, others who are very active outside of just lifting will be tougher for them to gain weight.

Am I the only who.finds the term "flexible dieting" irksome, akin to Wolverine clawing a chalkboard? :lol:

Ksteezy, make your own bread brotha

Guys who just lift and stay away from cardio will gain weight by doing the calories in vs out, others who are very active outside of just lifting will be tougher for them to gain weight.
No. Guys who only lift but consume fewer calories than they expend will lose weight. Guys who do lots of cardio but consume more calories than they expend will gain weight.

Waddup NT,

I've been spending most of my afternoon at work reading through this thread.  THANKS FOR MAKING THE DAY FLY BY! Seems like there a lot of good info posted on here and a lot of people who really care about looking good, but most of all living a healthy life style.

I never lifted weights until I got out of college. One of my coworkers kinda took me in under his wing and got me started. Probably a year into working out consistantly, I purchased my first pre workout supplement (SuperPump). The gains I saw over the next couple of months were pretty insane. I packed on ~15 lbs of mucle and leaned down a lot.The stuff gave me so much energy, I had this hard to describe focus during my sessions, and it gave me more motivation to get to the gym. I have been taking SuperPump everyday that I have worked out over the past 2 years (4-5 times a week). I DO NOT take the full recommended dose of 2 scoops, but instead take a little less than 1 full scoop.  I've heard that its recommended to cycle off any preworkout every couple of months. I have been considering taking some time off this stuff, but I feel like its a mental thing.

Has anyone done what I've done and stayed on a preworkout for a long period of time?

Have you guys experienced any side effects from taking a preworkout for a long period of time?
for the most part, there shouldnt be any side effects as long as your drinking enough water and eating right. i think the whole point of cycling off a supp is too give the body a break and so that your body rely on it or gets used to it, ie you dont feel the effects anymore. 

i usually wait about a week after my preworkout runs out before getting another. aside from a little loss of sleep (sometimes when i go to the gym at night), ive seen no side effects

this is just personal experience, ill let the pros chime in 

Well duh that's my point. I'm not trying to gain therefore I don't care how many calories I eat.

But at the same time, you don't know what the person does activities wise. I player soccer, basketball, lift, etc ALOT. So even if I eat 5,000 calories, I'm still burning off a lot of calories just by doing what I do in my life. Every person is different is what I'm saying.

my bro-in-law is in the fire academy, they burn an average of 5000 calories through their day and dude is always eating, hes probably in the best shape of his life now, he eats clean, but eats alot, so im sure hes bringing in just as much as hes burning, yet cutting down his body fat %....so in a way i understand where you are coming from...

lolol. 3700

iLLest!

What makes you say that?
When it comes to your diet, you want to follow something that you can stick to for a lifetime. Calories in versus calories out. That's all that truly matters at the end of the day if you're trying to lose weight. Trends like intermittent fasting may be fine for a few years when you're in your 20s, but you're not going to be able to carry that out for the rest of your life.

Dieting is all mental. Eat healthier and eat less. It's easy.

Eh...don't agree with this. I know people at my gym who I'm close with that have been doing IF for years.

The whole "Calories vs Calories out" thing doesn't work for EVERYONE. That's what I try to tell people. Losing weight wise? Sure. But to get comepletly lean, you may have have to resort to another way of eating other than Calories watch. Less carbs maybe? Less times you eat? Who knows. Everybody is different.

Me for example. I can eat whatever calories I want, I won't gain weight or lose weight...As soon as I go 2-3 days with a low amount of carbs, my body truely leans out.

Every single person body is different. Just a thought.

How does calories in vs. calories out not work for everyone? Its exclusive to certain people but not others?

You also have to consider that your frame of reference is "completely lean" where the majority of people who exercise its simply to lose weight.

What are the "other" ways to eat other than calorie watching? When everything is broken down, it still comes back to calories. I keep saying it, but the absolute fear of carbs in this thread is frightening itself. It has to be the most misunderstood nutrient/aspect of training in the thread.

I also cant stand when people use the "everybody is different" line. I feel like its such a cop-out.

(By the way, it's "fewer" carbs and "fewer" times you eat. Little things like that bother me... sorry)

How does calories in vs. calories out not work for everyone? Its exclusive to certain people but not others?

What are the "other" ways to eat other than calorie watching? When everything is broken down, it still comes back to calories. I keep saying it, but the absolute fear of carbs in this thread is frightening itself. It has to be the most misunderstood nutrient/aspect of training in the thread.
Spot on.

I've said this several times in this thread, but i don't understand people who are trying to gain/lose weight who don't count calories. Way too much guess work if you aren't and you'll be a lot more likely to hit your goals if you do count.

and this is now the 3rd time i'll ask this in this post (no answer to 1st 2 times).

For those of you have said they have cut out bread and seen better def in their abs, what is specifically bad about bread as opposed to other carbs?

You also have to consider that your frame of reference is "completely lean" where the majority of people who exercise its simply to lose weight.

I also cant stand when people use the "everybody is different" line. I feel like its such a cop-out.

(By the way, it's "fewer" carbs and "fewer" times you eat. Little things like that bother me... sorry)

cosign everything. repped

Last edited:

For those of you have said they have cut out bread and seen better def in their abs, what is specifically bad about bread as opposed to other carbs?

I believe it has to do with the wheat flour in bread. Breads with refined or processed flour have fewer nutrients in them and are digested differently than whole wheat flour.

Most other forms of carbs dont have the flour in them.

What makes you say that?
When it comes to your diet, you want to follow something that you can stick to for a lifetime. Calories in versus calories out. That's all that truly matters at the end of the day if you're trying to lose weight. Trends like intermittent fasting may be fine for a few years when you're in your 20s, but you're not going to be able to carry that out for the rest of your life.

Eh...don't agree with this. I know people at my gym who I'm close with that have been doing IF for years.

The whole "Calories vs Calories out" thing doesn't work for EVERYONE. That's what I try to tell people. Losing weight wise? Sure. But to get comepletly lean, you may have have to resort to another way of eating other than Calories watch. Less carbs maybe? Less times you eat? Who knows. Everybody is different.

Me for example. I can eat whatever calories I want, I won't gain weight or lose weight...As soon as I go 2-3 days with a low amount of carbs, my body truely leans out.

How is it a cop out? Lol

I respect your knowledge man, I truely do but I know what I'm talking about. I'm around friends who are all different when it comes to there bodies and what they eat.

& I'm not afraid of carbs at all, but like I've said, I know the difference my body makes if I stay away from carbs for 2-3 days and still take in an ******** amount of calories. That's what I mean when everybody is different. I know a dude who literally eats 3-500 carbs a day and he says when he doesn't get in enough fats, he can notice how his body looks differently.

In the end, maybe it does come down to Calories in vs calories out, but you have to understand it may not be the same for everyone. But at the same tiunderstand if the usual person just sticks with the cals in vs cals out, they will see a change in there body. That's all I'm saying

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

How is it a cop out? Lol

I respect your knowledge man, I truely do but I know what I'm talking about. I'm around friends who are all different when it comes to there bodies and what they eat.

& I'm not afraid of carbs at all, but like I've said, I know the difference my body makes if I stay away from carbs for 2-3 days and still take in an ******** amount of calories. That's what I mean when everybody is different. I know a dude who literally eats 3-500 carbs a day and he says when he doesn't get in enough fats, he can notice how his body looks differently.

In the end, maybe it does come down to Calories in vs calories out, but you have to understand it may not be the same for everyone. But at the same tiunderstand if the usual person just sticks with the cals in vs cals out, they will see a change in there body. That's all I'm saying

I view it as the human body version of "it is what it is". Its the go-to phase people use when they arent sure of an answer or dont know what else to say.

I wasnt coming at you with the fear of carbs. Its just a trend I notice. When it comes to exercise and subjective qualities such as physical appearance, there are so many variables that equating carbs (or whatever) and difference in appearance can be misleading. Unless every other variable is exactly the same except for the carbs/etc. it can be difficult to make the assumption that A leads to B. Was the exercise intensity the same....Was the amount of sleep the same...The types and amounts of nutrients the same...Stress levels.... There are just so many different things that can have an overall effect on physical appearance which makes determining a cause and effect relationship difficult.

At its basic level, it always comes down to In vs. Out. Its the most basic concept of nutrition/weight loss and universally agreed upon.

Counting calories isnt always necessary, but knowing the caloric content of food and understanding that the body needs to use more energy than it consumes is necessary.

looks solid. leg extensions are bad for your knees.

this is some hippie s right here and honestly part of the reason i dont frequent this thread. there's a couple peeps in this thread spreading bad hippie info.

yeah, leg extensions are bad for your knees just like dips are bad for your shoulders, skullcrushers are bad for your elbows deadlifts are bad for your spine, etc. ALL exercises are dangerous if done incorrectly and/or abused. there are no bad exercises. know your body, know your limits and train hard+smart.

Last edited:
sounds like super overkill. you must not have gone real heavy..
Went pretty light. 

I like repping out legs & getting a burn, achieve maximum pump etc..

I have really noticed that if i go heavy i dont get that. So right now, lighter weight with high reps, super sets & drop sets is what im doing right now.

So far im loving it. 

looks solid. leg extensions are bad for your knees.

this is some hippie s right here and honestly part of the reason i dont frequent this thread. there's a couple peeps in this thread spreading bad hippie info.

yeah, leg extensions are bad for your knees just like dips are bad for your shoulders, skullcrushers are bad for your elbows deadlifts are bad for your spine, etc. ALL exercises are dangerous if done incorrectly and/or abused. there are no bad exercises. know your body, know your limits and train hard+smart.

And doing leg extensions isn't training smart.

Hippie stuff :lol:. Here we go again....

It's hysterical you say every exercise is safe and end your diatribe with "train smart".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom