STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Whats the best creatine pills out there? I know you have to take a bunch but I really dont mind...getting sick of the chalky drinks.
sick.gif
I liked Kre alkalyn (sp?) personally.

Last edited:
do you do wall walks at your box? thats the progression my box uses

i can do wall walks with ease, i have the strength to hold my arms locked in a handstand position agaisnt the wall, is the technique of getting in that position that i have trouble with.

anyone else invest in a foam roller? Thinking about getting one for my shoulders and legs after crossfit.

anyone else invest in a foam roller? Thinking about getting one for my shoulders and legs after crossfit.

do it, really helps with knots, also a lacross ball, hurts like a mug, but helps alot to open up those muscles and possibly prevent an injury.

I'm starting to feel something in my shoulder it's not painful it's just like a lingering feeling I get after we hit shoulders and I'm wondering if I should rest it for a while. You ever have shoulder problems ksteezy?

I'm starting to feel something in my shoulder it's not painful it's just like a lingering feeling I get after we hit shoulders and I'm wondering if I should rest it for a while. You ever have shoulder problems ksteezy?

my left shoulder used to really bug me at first, but its gotten better, like i said get a lacross ball and put it in front of your shoulder and press against a wall and roll it left and right, it will hurt, but it will open up those knots, cant really say what the root of your pain is, but that might help, i mstill dealing with it, specially during presses, but overtime its gotten better and im slowly increasing my weight.

You may want to look into "ART", Active Release Technique. It's very effective for increasing soft tissue health, which may be your problem. They usually have you go for 4+ sessions, but the initial results should be noticeable.
The headstand will not get you to performing a handstand. Yes, you will get used to being inverted, but there are other, better ways to do that. Don't get me wrong, the headstand is a good, simple position to control before the 'real deal' (handstand), but the balancing mechanics are very different.

Walking on your hands is easier than standing still on your hands. If you want to get good at handbalancing (in any capacity, not just handstands), you need to spend a significant amount of time practicing. Also, you need to address joint preparation, mobility work, and body line drills otherwise you won't get far. This is SKILL work, not strength training, and training daily (or as close to daily as possible) will provide the most benefit. The handstand is surprisingly very technical and has many nuances, despite the simple appearance. If you want to get good at balancing on your hands while stationary, I suggest you find a good handbalancing coach. There are a few good starting points on the internet, but they don't cover the subject in much depth.

QFT

Very true. I'm extremely stubborn, but even I know when I'm doing more harm than good. Hopefully it's something minor.
Which brands do you use?
I personally am a USANA guy after being turned on to it by some people I personally know that take them that are highly successful athletes. They're rated as one of the best supplement companies out there, but there's lots of negative reviews out there cause they sell via MLM. You can buy on their website tho without a rep so it ain't that serious.

The point isn't one specific brand, the point is that some brands are better than other and paying for quality is worth it.
Curiosity. That's all.

Thanks alot!...at this point I'm just experimenting with getting used to being inverted and getting passed the fear factor, I'll then move on to wall handstands and stay there a while till I feel confident doing a free handstand....not trying to become a gymnist, just something I find fun but challenging, similar to the way I feel about double unders....seems simple when you are others do it, not the same when you do it yourself...lol

Appreciate the advice.

I'm just getting the hang of double unders. I can string a good twenty together. It's all about patience and being consistent.

Got to PR today on front squat by 25 lbs. this was after a 5 minute squat challenge too so I think I could have gone a bit higher. I noticed some gains before getting in the shower. Pretty proud of myself. Should take pics to track the progress from now on.

Steezy, you been at it a couple months now right? How's Crossfit treating you?
Double unders :smokin

Chest day today. And despite what everyone is saying im going to hit shoulders on Saturday :lol:

Just got an email apparently my picture made the stupid football information page of the company website that runs our football league. I dropped the pass....and my face looking real dumb...but legs looking solid :lol:

Just bought some dymatize elite protien, sooooo good. Idk how I went for years drinking Gold Standard, it has an off taste. Idk how to explain it

do it, really helps with knots, also a lacross ball, hurts like a mug, but helps alot to open up those muscles and possibly prevent an injury.
This. I roll out and use the lacrosse ball everytime before my crossfit class. I bought The Grid Foam Roller. It's stiffer than the regular foam ones and has trigger points as well. I find that better to use than just the normal foam roller. 
my left shoulder used to really bug me at first, but its gotten better, like i said get a lacross ball and put it in front of your shoulder and press against a wall and roll it left and right, it will hurt, but it will open up those knots, cant really say what the root of your pain is, but that might help, i mstill dealing with it, specially during presses, but overtime its gotten better and im slowly increasing my weight.
Also, look into voodoo compression. Your crossfit coaches should be able to tell you more. Essentially, it compressing an area while doing mobility exercises.  Ones you take the compression off, blood rushes back in and washes away the inflammatory cells (which could be causing the pain). I have hamstring tendonitis and i do it every couple of days. Relieves the pain and doesnt limit me in my WODs. I've also done it for shoulders and has worked really well. Just another option. 

Cinco,

If you are looking for a PODCAST on ITUNES check this one out

Latest in Paleo

Angelo Coppola produces this podcast that takes a broad overview of news and views in the paleo living community. Angelo credits the paleo lifestyle for helping him get fit, healthy, and strong in 2009. Angelo combines commentary with audio clips of interviews and talks from around the web. If you don’t have time to keep up on paleo nutrition news and you want a weekly overview, you have to check out Latest in Paleo.

I've wondered about there being any pods with the paleo/keto lifestyle, but always forget to :lol:

Thanks man, will definitely listen!

Just bought two 4lb bags if muscle milk (chocolate and vanilla) for $60 from Costco. I'm buying my protein in bulk from now on

laugh.gif
 Not many people know about that stuff..i tried this long ago and this shh gave me crazy stomach problems..plus it says u need to drinka full gallon of whole milk with it..def do not recommend
If thats the case i'm staying away from that. ****** is lactose!

Made the best protein shake I have ever had today. Kind of a desert shake, a small chest.

Dark chocolate almond milk
ON extreme milk chocolate whey protein
3 oreos
A bunch of ice

:pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
I raise you my recipe,

ON vanilla whey protein
Unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop of almond butter
1/2 organic banana
Ice