The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Say goodbye to the season, what makes the League think the union will accept that deal Wed if they didn't accept tonight...

Say goodbye to the season, what makes the League think the union will accept that deal Wed if they didn't accept tonight...

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: The mediator made sort of a 'what if' recommendation to both sides including six subjects ...
18 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Coen suggested 49-51 BRI band for BRI ... mini mid-level $2.5M for 2-year deal for tax payers ... recommended no s&t for tax payers
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Cohen suggested $1 tax on repeat offenders and modification of so-called "cliff" on luxury tax ...
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We accepted the first five (suggested) and adopted as our proposal. We told the players we would put those in writing ...
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We hoped they would accept it and would be amenable to it by the close of business on Wednesday ...
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: If no deal by Wednesday, we will be making a "new proposal" ... a 47 percent proposal and a flex cap ...
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We hope that this juxtaposition will cause the union to reassess its position and accept the deal.
16 minutes ag

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Mr. Kessler rejected mediator's suggestions and our proposal. But hope springs eternal and we would love for the players to accept.
15 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Kessler rejected "virtually everything."
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern on BRI proposal: 49-51 band proposal where we seek to have a projected growth in revenues whereby anything above that projection would be shared at a 57 percent level. We want to allow enough time for the union to consider our most recent proposal. I think certainly Billy and I shared both our frustration and a sadness and Mr. Kessler himself said it was a sad state of events.
15 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern, asked if can get this passed by owners, said, "Yes."
14 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern says deal on table would come "closer than our current system" and "the best we could do at this time. We're prepared to live by them"
12 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern on decert: I don't think the alleged phone calls I read about had any impact on our committee.
11 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern asked for confidence level deal would be accepted by Wed, said, "I'm tired."
7 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern said Kessler offered other options to consider. "They wanted mid-level that was regular mid-level every other year ..."
7 minutes ag

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: The mediator made sort of a 'what if' recommendation to both sides including six subjects ...
18 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Coen suggested 49-51 BRI band for BRI ... mini mid-level $2.5M for 2-year deal for tax payers ... recommended no s&t for tax payers
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Cohen suggested $1 tax on repeat offenders and modification of so-called "cliff" on luxury tax ...
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We accepted the first five (suggested) and adopted as our proposal. We told the players we would put those in writing ...
17 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We hoped they would accept it and would be amenable to it by the close of business on Wednesday ...
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: If no deal by Wednesday, we will be making a "new proposal" ... a 47 percent proposal and a flex cap ...
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: We hope that this juxtaposition will cause the union to reassess its position and accept the deal.
16 minutes ag

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Mr. Kessler rejected mediator's suggestions and our proposal. But hope springs eternal and we would love for the players to accept.
15 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern: Kessler rejected "virtually everything."
16 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern on BRI proposal: 49-51 band proposal where we seek to have a projected growth in revenues whereby anything above that projection would be shared at a 57 percent level. We want to allow enough time for the union to consider our most recent proposal. I think certainly Billy and I shared both our frustration and a sadness and Mr. Kessler himself said it was a sad state of events.
15 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern, asked if can get this passed by owners, said, "Yes."
14 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern says deal on table would come "closer than our current system" and "the best we could do at this time. We're prepared to live by them"
12 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern on decert: I don't think the alleged phone calls I read about had any impact on our committee.
11 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern asked for confidence level deal would be accepted by Wed, said, "I'm tired."
7 minutes ago

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Stern said Kessler offered other options to consider. "They wanted mid-level that was regular mid-level every other year ..."
7 minutes ag

Situation seems quite dire right now.

47-BRI split and flex cap I think would pretty much cancel the season.

If I'm interpreting that correctly, and if it goes into practice, that's a huge blow for big-market, tax-paying teams. A 2.5 million dollar MLE? Isn't that pretty much what the LLE is now? And no S&T for tax-paying teams? Damn.

Stern says NBA adopted 5 of 6 suggestions of compromises by mediator, and would be "amenable" to making deal on that until Wednesday.

So basically taking 5 "compromises," adopting into new deal, hoping players bite.

Stern on BRI proposal: 49-51 band proposal where we seek to have a projected growth in revenues whereby anything above that projection would be shared at a 57 percent level.

Stern: I think certainly Billy and I shared both our frustration and a sadness and Mr. Kessler himself said it was a sad state of events.

I haven't been keeping up, why was Kessler brought in if even Billy Hunter was frustrated with him?

Situation seems quite dire right now.

47-BRI split and flex cap I think would pretty much cancel the season.

If I'm interpreting that correctly, and if it goes into practice, that's a huge blow for big-market, tax-paying teams. A 2.5 million dollar MLE? Isn't that pretty much what the LLE is now? And no S&T for tax-paying teams? Damn.

Stern says NBA adopted 5 of 6 suggestions of compromises by mediator, and would be "amenable" to making deal on that until Wednesday.

So basically taking 5 "compromises," adopting into new deal, hoping players bite.

Stern on BRI proposal: 49-51 band proposal where we seek to have a projected growth in revenues whereby anything above that projection would be shared at a 57 percent level.

Stern: I think certainly Billy and I shared both our frustration and a sadness and Mr. Kessler himself said it was a sad state of events.

I haven't been keeping up, why was Kessler brought in if even Billy Hunter was frustrated with him?

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Under owner's offer: Taxpaying teams can give out mid-level exceptions of $2.5M per year for two seasons.

Stern: "They wanted a mid-level that was regular mid-level for tax payers every other year, wanted sign and trade for taxpayers..."

Once again, Stern has taken complete control of labor talks. With sense union is crumbling, he gives dropdead, take-it-or-leave it offer.

Under owner's offer: Taxpaying teams can give out mid-level exceptions of $2.5M per year for two seasons.

Stern: "They wanted a mid-level that was regular mid-level for tax payers every other year, wanted sign and trade for taxpayers..."

Once again, Stern has taken complete control of labor talks. With sense union is crumbling, he gives dropdead, take-it-or-leave it offer.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Here's what I think this comes down to by Wednesday for the Players Association: Accept deal, or decertify union and blow up season.

Pretty much same thing I thought when hearing of what Stern had to say, but union hasn't spoke yet.

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Here's what I think this comes down to by Wednesday for the Players Association: Accept deal, or decertify union and blow up season.

Pretty much same thing I thought when hearing of what Stern had to say, but union hasn't spoke yet.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Several other system compromises were proposed by owners, at Cohen's suggestion. Still sorting through those.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

One was a mini-midlevel for tax-paying teams -- two-year, $2.5 million. Non-tax-payers can offer $5M mid-level for 3 or 4 years.

Veteran player who has long been on side of decertification just texted me: "Time to blow this (bleep) to the moon."

KBergCBS Ken Berger

Several other system compromises were proposed by owners, at Cohen's suggestion. Still sorting through those.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

One was a mini-midlevel for tax-paying teams -- two-year, $2.5 million. Non-tax-payers can offer $5M mid-level for 3 or 4 years.

Veteran player who has long been on side of decertification just texted me: "Time to blow this (bleep) to the moon."

I don't even care what this deal means for anyone. I just want this damn lockout to be over.

I don't even care what this deal means for anyone. I just want this damn lockout to be over.

@KBergCBS Ken Berger
yes «@JeffJSchmidt 50/50 BRI split, revenue growth can increase share to players to 51, decline can decrease share to players to 49.»

sick.gif

For the regular mid-level, a team can offer a 4-year deal one year, three the next, etc.

That's great for small market teams.

@KBergCBS Ken Berger
yes «@JeffJSchmidt 50/50 BRI split, revenue growth can increase share to players to 51, decline can decrease share to players to 49.»

sick.gif

For the regular mid-level, a team can offer a 4-year deal one year, three the next, etc.

That's great for small market teams.

Back
Top Bottom