The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

@KBergCBS Ken Berger
Fisher: "There's no way in the world we'd ever get to 51. So it's not a band."

Probably true, but they're at 51% right now, and it looks like they would probably net anywhere between 50-50.5% BRI.

If this is the difference we're talking about here, why can't they get a damn deal done?

It's all moot when you're wasting time by risking cancellation of more games, and you're this close, and you want to decertify? Christ.

@KBergCBS Ken Berger
Fisher: "There's no way in the world we'd ever get to 51. So it's not a band."

Probably true, but they're at 51% right now, and it looks like they would probably net anywhere between 50-50.5% BRI.

If this is the difference we're talking about here, why can't they get a damn deal done?

It's all moot when you're wasting time by risking cancellation of more games, and you're this close, and you want to decertify? Christ.

League is good man, I'm sitting reading over these offerings like dam this sounds fair for a BASKETBALL standpoint having me getting mad at players, this is crazy.
laugh.gif

Teams that don't or can't overspend going to be rewarded and teams that do are going to be pinched or they are going to have to learn to not overspend on things that aren't worth it.

League is good man, I'm sitting reading over these offerings like dam this sounds fair for a BASKETBALL standpoint having me getting mad at players, this is crazy.
laugh.gif

Teams that don't or can't overspend going to be rewarded and teams that do are going to be pinched or they are going to have to learn to not overspend on things that aren't worth it.

Players won't get a better deal then what's on the table. They need to just accept the !@#% and move on. Please.

Players won't get a better deal then what's on the table. They need to just accept the !@#% and move on. Please.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

laugh.gif

Exactly man. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe I don't see the difference between 50-53%, but it's so damn close.

Settle on a BRI-split, work with system issues, hammer out a deal. They seem so close but the players seem so stubborn. Yes they're getting raw end of deal, but they're getting an even worse deal by letting NBA cancel games. Their paychecks ain't nothing without the NBA. Endorsements only will run for so long with no NBA.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

laugh.gif

Exactly man. Maybe I just don't get it, maybe I don't see the difference between 50-53%, but it's so damn close.

Settle on a BRI-split, work with system issues, hammer out a deal. They seem so close but the players seem so stubborn. Yes they're getting raw end of deal, but they're getting an even worse deal by letting NBA cancel games. Their paychecks ain't nothing without the NBA. Endorsements only will run for so long with no NBA.

This is pathetic. Just take the deal players or you're out til 2012. 50>47. I hate everybody involved in this.

This is pathetic. Just take the deal players or you're out til 2012. 50>47. I hate everybody involved in this.

Originally Posted by CP1708

50>47>0.

I hope you don't hate me. <3.

Originally Posted by CP1708

50>47>0.

I hope you don't hate me. <3.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Asked Fisher if he would take this ultimatum to the players, he said: "At this point, we don't have a deal to propose. We anticipated that we would be here, that the NBA and teams would lock us out as long as they needed to get what they want..."

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

NBA attorney Jeff Kessler: "They came in here with a pre-arranged plan to strongarm the players.The players will not be intimidated. It's not happening on Derek Fisher's watch, not happening on Billy Hunter's watch. The big story here is they want it all. They want the system for taxpayers will never be in marketplace. It's too much...They want it all."

I <3 u all.

But +#@$ the owners and the NBAPA. They are playing tetherball with a wrecking ball right now
indifferent.gif

Forecast: 130 players needed for petition to VOTE on decert will materialize. THEN clock really starts. 45 days from there to save season

Per Marc Stein.

Still plenty of time, but 45 days is a long damn time, that's a lot of games missed.

frown.gif
Looks like no season then. Im gonna have to start appreciating College Saturdays and NFL Sundays until College Ball start up.

Players are getting screwed more and more by the day. Pretty much locking a lot of players in. I see this season as being done. 47% by Wednesday
sick.gif

Owners smell blood and are going in for the killim pretty upset about this
30t6p3b.gif

Players are getting screwed more and more by the day. Pretty much locking a lot of players in. I see this season as being done. 47% by Wednesday
sick.gif

Owners smell blood and are going in for the killim pretty upset about this
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Jordan isn't involved because he's a titan of industry.

He looks at the generation of players that have entered the league the last 10-13 years, sees that they don't approach the game like he or Magic or Bird did, he resents it to no end, and he wants to knock 'em down a few pegs.

I'm sure he cares about his franchise but he's about teaching these guys a lesson. Almost like his way of competing with them without a court and a ball.
QFT, I agree with this 100%.  Outside of Kobe, and the three old school guys on the Celtics, and maybe a handful of others this is very true.  Main reason why the game is so watered down....

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Jordan isn't involved because he's a titan of industry.

He looks at the generation of players that have entered the league the last 10-13 years, sees that they don't approach the game like he or Magic or Bird did, he resents it to no end, and he wants to knock 'em down a few pegs.

I'm sure he cares about his franchise but he's about teaching these guys a lesson. Almost like his way of competing with them without a court and a ball.
QFT, I agree with this 100%.  Outside of Kobe, and the three old school guys on the Celtics, and maybe a handful of others this is very true.  Main reason why the game is so watered down....

Adrian Wojnarowski: To my tweet NBA wouldn't blow up season on Nov. 9, source briefed on owners' meeting Saturday texts: "The hardliners have control and will." about 19 minutes ago

Woj recently tweeted that hardliner owners would start to cave, he corrected himself and that is not the case apparently.

David Aldridge: Union attorney Jeffrey Kessler says league had no intention of moving on system issues and entire session was designed to give Wed. deadline about 17 minutes ago

30t6p3b.gif

David Aldridge: Just head from source in contact with owners: "Stern does not have the votes above 50 & he is trying to find a way to make it acceptable"... about 9 minutes ago

I guess this is encouraging! not.

David Aldridge: I have said that to get a deal, someone will have to do something they don't want to. The problem is both sides think they've done too much. 2 minutes ago

yikes

Adrian Wojnarowski: To my tweet NBA wouldn't blow up season on Nov. 9, source briefed on owners' meeting Saturday texts: "The hardliners have control and will." about 19 minutes ago

Woj recently tweeted that hardliner owners would start to cave, he corrected himself and that is not the case apparently.

David Aldridge: Union attorney Jeffrey Kessler says league had no intention of moving on system issues and entire session was designed to give Wed. deadline about 17 minutes ago

30t6p3b.gif

David Aldridge: Just head from source in contact with owners: "Stern does not have the votes above 50 & he is trying to find a way to make it acceptable"... about 9 minutes ago

I guess this is encouraging! not.

David Aldridge: I have said that to get a deal, someone will have to do something they don't want to. The problem is both sides think they've done too much. 2 minutes ago

yikes

http://msn.foxsports.com/...-selfish-betrayal-110411
[h1]MJ sells out players with hard-line stance[/h1]
Updated Nov 5, 2011 7:57 PM ET

Michael Jeffrey Jordan finally found a cause he can get behind off the court: being an obstacle for any black kid dreaming of matching or exceeding Jordan’s wealth.

Sellout.

And I don’t throw that word around liberally. But there’s no better description for Jordan now that he has reportedly decided to be the hard-line frontman for NBA ownership’s desire to rob NBA players of their fair share of the revenue the league generates.

Sellout.

Now that NBA superstars have decided to fully engage in the lockout negotiations and threaten union decertification, David Stern and ownership have decided to unleash their token minority owner from the house to play hardball. According to The New York Times, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, the greatest player of all time, is the owner most determined to bury the union financially. Jordan allegedly wants current players to take a 10- to 20-point basketball-related-income pay cut.

Sellout.

This is the ultimate betrayal. A league filled mostly with African-American young men who grew up wanting to be like Mike is finally getting to see just who Michael Jordan is. He’s a cheap, stingy, mean-spirited, cut-throat, greedy, uncaring, disloyal slave to his own bottom line.

Nike’s “Air Jordan

http://msn.foxsports.com/...-selfish-betrayal-110411
[h1]MJ sells out players with hard-line stance[/h1]
Updated Nov 5, 2011 7:57 PM ET

Michael Jeffrey Jordan finally found a cause he can get behind off the court: being an obstacle for any black kid dreaming of matching or exceeding Jordan’s wealth.

Sellout.

And I don’t throw that word around liberally. But there’s no better description for Jordan now that he has reportedly decided to be the hard-line frontman for NBA ownership’s desire to rob NBA players of their fair share of the revenue the league generates.

Sellout.

Now that NBA superstars have decided to fully engage in the lockout negotiations and threaten union decertification, David Stern and ownership have decided to unleash their token minority owner from the house to play hardball. According to The New York Times, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, the greatest player of all time, is the owner most determined to bury the union financially. Jordan allegedly wants current players to take a 10- to 20-point basketball-related-income pay cut.

Sellout.

This is the ultimate betrayal. A league filled mostly with African-American young men who grew up wanting to be like Mike is finally getting to see just who Michael Jordan is. He’s a cheap, stingy, mean-spirited, cut-throat, greedy, uncaring, disloyal slave to his own bottom line.

Nike’s “Air Jordan

Back
Top Bottom