The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Man, this is far worse than The Decision. This is about losing an entire season. LeBron's decision was huge, but this is more than one player, this is an entire sport.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Originally Posted by DubA169

These nba players "completed" less than 2 years of college and now all of a sudden they think they have business degrees.

YEAH. Those hoodrats should be grateful for anything the owners offer. I mean all they do is put a ball through a hoop. Meanwhile the owners are out healing the sick and helping the poor.

Way to play extremes there, buddy. All I'm saying is that they should stay in their lane. If the players could get all the money they would. Oh that's right, they don't know how. There's much more behind the scenes work to professional basketball. The players bring the glamour, but the owners get the boring/important businesswork (dirty work) squared away. All in all I feel like the players are biting the hand that feeds them. Its one thing to stand up for yourself, but they're being foolish imo.

You do realize how many concessions they've made, right? The owners are trying to completely embarrass  the players in these negotiations.
Lets not pretend that the players are just collecting a check. These owners can't do it without them. You make it sound like the players are just along for the ride, and the owners are the ones doing all the work.

If anything, I'd say the players are the more important part of this equation.

Man, this is far worse than The Decision. This is about losing an entire season. LeBron's decision was huge, but this is more than one player, this is an entire sport.

DubA169 wrote:
I honestly think it's on the same level so far. I check updates just as much
Yeah I wasn't really into it until now. I was hook on the Bron craze.
laugh.gif

I wanted to go to the SPURS opening night to see Brandon Jennings and the Bucks. Guess I'll wait till next year.
ohwell.gif

If the season starts I got 4 games I want to go to.

- Indiana( G Hill's return to SA)
- Minnesota (Ricky Rubio)
-Miami (heatles)
-LA (The fake show comes to town....sorry CP
tongue.gif
)

Damn Im getting all hype already. Just make it happen NBA.
embarassed.gif

DubA169 wrote:
laugh.gif

I wanted to go to the SPURS opening night to see Brandon Jennings and the Bucks. Guess I'll wait till next year.
ohwell.gif

-Miami (heatles)
tongue.gif
)

embarassed.gif

DubA169 wrote:
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

-Miami (heatles)
tongue.gif
)

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

YEAH. Those hoodrats should be grateful for anything the owners offer. I mean all they do is put a ball through a hoop. Meanwhile the owners are out healing the sick and helping the poor.

Way to play extremes there, buddy. All I'm saying is that they should stay in their lane. If the players could get all the money they would. Oh that's right, they don't know how. There's much more behind the scenes work to professional basketball. The players bring the glamour, but the owners get the boring/important businesswork (dirty work) squared away. All in all I feel like the players are biting the hand that feeds them. Its one thing to stand up for yourself, but they're being foolish imo.
QFT.

The minute anyone says "I agree with the owners" you become another of the slave owners trying to hold the slaves down.

Like I said, the players could start a player owned league and get all the money... but they can't. They'd HAVE to have advisors, agents, etc. involved and before you know it, Maverick Carter owns half of LeBron's team. Or World Wide Wesley owns 4 teams. Or Rob Pelinka owns a team.

Y'all can jiff and ride for these players all you want... but they are negotiating at quite a disadvantage.
Ofcourse the players are negotiating at a disadvantage but does that mean they should just give up? If they have NO leverage, tell the owners to get replacement players and see how much money they make. It goes both ways, owners need the players too. They aren't keeping the NBA out of the kindness of their hearts - even the owners that are losing money, make a bunch of money off other things because of their team.

Originally Posted by doyung9

QFT.

The minute anyone says "I agree with the owners" you become another of the slave owners trying to hold the slaves down.

Like I said, the players could start a player owned league and get all the money... but they can't. They'd HAVE to have advisors, agents, etc. involved and before you know it, Maverick Carter owns half of LeBron's team. Or World Wide Wesley owns 4 teams. Or Rob Pelinka owns a team.

Y'all can jiff and ride for these players all you want... but they are negotiating at quite a disadvantage.
Ofcourse the players are negotiating at a disadvantage but does that mean they should just give up? If they have NO leverage, tell the owners to get replacement players and see how much money they make. It goes both ways, owners need the players too. They aren't keeping the NBA out of the kindness of their hearts - even the owners that are losing money, make a bunch of money off other things because of their team.

You guys kill me with this "intelligence" argument. Ignoring the fact that every single player isn't sitting at the table negotiating, DFish and Billy Hunter are, how is that even relevant? Nothing you learn in public school systems or college would apply. Negotiating 101 is pretty much this simple, "more for me=good, less=bad, your side has a target, my side has a target, work to meet somewhere in the middle." We all understand the cap system and none of us are rocket scientists. You can take someone cold, and explain the whole thing to them in less than an hr. And ironically you're fellating the "smartness" of these owners, all the while they are the reason we are in this mess because they felt like Joe Johnson, Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Michael Redd, Rashard Lewis, and all these other dudes were worth these humongous contracts and now they want a system that guarantees them protection from their own mistakes in the form of guaranteed profit.

You guys kill me with this "intelligence" argument. Ignoring the fact that every single player isn't sitting at the table negotiating, DFish and Billy Hunter are, how is that even relevant? Nothing you learn in public school systems or college would apply. Negotiating 101 is pretty much this simple, "more for me=good, less=bad, your side has a target, my side has a target, work to meet somewhere in the middle." We all understand the cap system and none of us are rocket scientists. You can take someone cold, and explain the whole thing to them in less than an hr. And ironically you're fellating the "smartness" of these owners, all the while they are the reason we are in this mess because they felt like Joe Johnson, Jerome James, Eddy Curry, Michael Redd, Rashard Lewis, and all these other dudes were worth these humongous contracts and now they want a system that guarantees them protection from their own mistakes in the form of guaranteed profit.

How would you guys feel about a ncaa type season? Like 30 games with a single elimination playoff bracket consisting of all teams? I think it would get intense. It would be an interesting one-time only thing at least.

How would you guys feel about a ncaa type season? Like 30 games with a single elimination playoff bracket consisting of all teams? I think it would get intense. It would be an interesting one-time only thing at least.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Word, everyone acts like David Stern is this genius negotiator and the players have no business even negotiating - ignoring the fact that David Stern negotiated this last CBA that is now looked at as compeltely broken in the players favor. Funny how that superstar lawyer could lose to Billy Hunter and non-MBA having basketball players in a negotiation.

Word, everyone acts like David Stern is this genius negotiator and the players have no business even negotiating - ignoring the fact that David Stern negotiated this last CBA that is now looked at as compeltely broken in the players favor. Funny how that superstar lawyer could lose to Billy Hunter and non-MBA having basketball players in a negotiation.

This.

This.

The perception is that the owners overwhelmingly won in 99.

That's what bothers me so much when I read people saying the owners just need to get out of a terrible deal that they signed.

The owners are going to win this deal by a wide margin. But in ten years people will just claim that the owners need to get out of a "terrible" deal again. I can already see it.

The perception is that the owners overwhelmingly won in 99.

That's what bothers me so much when I read people saying the owners just need to get out of a terrible deal that they signed.

The owners are going to win this deal by a wide margin. But in ten years people will just claim that the owners need to get out of a "terrible" deal again. I can already see it.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by Big J 33

5 o'clock central standard time.

nerd.gif

Nothing important happens on central standard time.
A spokesman for the league came out at 5pm EST and said they're still negotiating. The league's "deadline" is null so long as they're still working.
okay-face.jpg

But really tho this feels like Bron's decision all over again. The anticipation is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

THIS!!! 
I'M DYING HERE! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

5 o'clock central standard time.

nerd.gif

Nothing important happens on central standard time.
A spokesman for the league came out at 5pm EST and said they're still negotiating. The league's "deadline" is null so long as they're still working.
okay-face.jpg

But really tho this feels like Bron's decision all over again. The anticipation is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

THIS!!! 
I'M DYING HERE! 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom