The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Monday's meeting is open to all players, not just the committee and player reps.

We'll see who actually shows up though.

At what point do they say, "Alright let's vote," though? Who's decision is that? I thought the player reps had to decide to vote before the entire populous can?

This is a complete guess, but I think unofficially the player reps are supposed to vote on whether or not to bring the proposal to the rest of the players... but I have a feeling that if enough players starting rumbling that they just want to get this thing over with and play that they will just send the proposal to the rest of the players....

Also I read in a tweet that the exec committee might be trying to cut out these 'get it over' players from the meeting monday...

This is a complete guess, but I think unofficially the player reps are supposed to vote on whether or not to bring the proposal to the rest of the players... but I have a feeling that if enough players starting rumbling that they just want to get this thing over with and play that they will just send the proposal to the rest of the players....

Also I read in a tweet that the exec committee might be trying to cut out these 'get it over' players from the meeting monday...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Battle of the have and have-nots..
30t6p3b.gif

Rich/wealthier players/player reps who want best deal they can get, regardless of time missed and the poorer players who just want to get a paycheck.
Large market teams and small market teams battling to get a "fair competitive system,"

It's amazing they came to a middle ground back in 98-99.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Battle of the have and have-nots..
30t6p3b.gif

Rich/wealthier players/player reps who want best deal they can get, regardless of time missed and the poorer players who just want to get a paycheck.
Large market teams and small market teams battling to get a "fair competitive system,"

It's amazing they came to a middle ground back in 98-99.
sick.gif

Keep the system the same & split BRI down the middle

Ratings remain high and the owners get a multi-billion dollar giveback on the player's behalf so the league isn't losing hundreds of millions of dollars anymore.

Ratings remain high and the owners get a multi-billion dollar giveback on the player's behalf so the league isn't losing hundreds of millions of dollars anymore.

this is so frustrating. just seeing updates, watching espn and chatter on sites is very tiring. Can we get a deal done sometime soon.

this is so frustrating. just seeing updates, watching espn and chatter on sites is very tiring. Can we get a deal done sometime soon.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

laugh.gif
at you thinking this is a viable solution.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

laugh.gif
at you thinking this is a viable solution.

Finally caught up on this thread.

If there is going to be a season this year the players are going to have to accept this latest 50/50 proposal.

If they don't the owners are going to go for blood with the 53/47 proposal and it's finito for the 2011-12 season.

And based on the reports it looks like that's exactly where this head based on the player's responses to the last proposal.

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif

If there is going to be a season this year the players are going to have to accept this latest 50/50 proposal.

If they don't the owners are going to go for blood with the 53/47 proposal and it's finito for the 2011-12 season.

And based on the reports it looks like that's exactly where this head based on the player's responses to the last proposal.

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif

The 50 is fine, the players are willing to give that up. However, the owners want them to give up the 7% of bri, and have all these salary rollbacks, age limit, restrict player movement, bring contract length, dollar figures, and raise %s down, they literally want to dominate every particular category of the negotiations. This is not anywhere close to a negotiation.

The 50 is fine, the players are willing to give that up. However, the owners want them to give up the 7% of bri, and have all these salary rollbacks, age limit, restrict player movement, bring contract length, dollar figures, and raise %s down, they literally want to dominate every particular category of the negotiations. This is not anywhere close to a negotiation.

Originally Posted by toine2983

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif
Can't wait come spring time for the sheepish looks on the players' faces when they stand at the podium announcing they've accepted a 53/47 deal (or worse). And then everyone and their mother is going to stand there and say "I told you so."

Originally Posted by toine2983

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif
Can't wait come spring time for the sheepish looks on the players' faces when they stand at the podium announcing they've accepted a 53/47 deal (or worse). And then everyone and their mother is going to stand there and say "I told you so."

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Can't wait come spring time for the sheepish looks on the players' faces when they stand at the podium announcing they've accepted a 53/47 deal (or worse).

I will be so tight if this happens.  You hold out for a reason.  Part of waging war is knowing when to cut your losses before the casualty is too much.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Can't wait come spring time for the sheepish looks on the players' faces when they stand at the podium announcing they've accepted a 53/47 deal (or worse).

I will be so tight if this happens.  You hold out for a reason.  Part of waging war is knowing when to cut your losses before the casualty is too much.

Great point by Etan, hey we had record year, now we want to fix mistakes WE made out of your pocket and make it easier to take away your job, sign here.
laugh.gif
And I love that idea about rolling back GM money for their horrible work.

Back
Top Bottom