The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Stern looked way too pleased in his interview, he was relishing in putting down Hunter and the union. I understand coming across as confident, but his smugness was plain as day.. didn't seem like a commish who was responsible for a disaster in his league.

*Waits for Statis to come in and say what a great job Stern is doing* 

indifferent.gif

Stern looked way too pleased in his interview, he was relishing in putting down Hunter and the union. I understand coming across as confident, but his smugness was plain as day.. didn't seem like a commish who was responsible for a disaster in his league.

*Waits for Statis to come in and say what a great job Stern is doing* 

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

How do some players reps didn't know what what was in the proposal till this morning though? That is disgusting & negligent to me.

Again do these players REALLY know what they're fighting for if some of their colleagues are that careless?
That's my issue.  Players crying that's not fair, but don't even know what the proposal entails.  One person who looked pissed in that conference was Kobe.  It's not about the money with him he wants to play the game he loves.  This is a sad day for the NBA
tired.gif

How do some players reps didn't know what what was in the proposal till this morning though? That is disgusting & negligent to me.

Again do these players REALLY know what they're fighting for if some of their colleagues are that careless?
That's my issue.  Players crying that's not fair, but don't even know what the proposal entails.  One person who looked pissed in that conference was Kobe.  It's not about the money with him he wants to play the game he loves.  This is a sad day for the NBA
tired.gif

This.  I have yet to see it clearly articulated anywhere what exactly the players think they're fighting for.  All you get is vague references to having a "system they can live with."  OK, then, explain to me what's so wrong with the system that's been proposed?  Are salaries going to drop dramatically?  No. Is free agency going away?  No.  Etc., etc.  On an individual basis, I don't see how the league's last proposal, if it got accepted, would have had a real significant impact on any of the current players' lives.  

This.  I have yet to see it clearly articulated anywhere what exactly the players think they're fighting for.  All you get is vague references to having a "system they can live with."  OK, then, explain to me what's so wrong with the system that's been proposed?  Are salaries going to drop dramatically?  No. Is free agency going away?  No.  Etc., etc.  On an individual basis, I don't see how the league's last proposal, if it got accepted, would have had a real significant impact on any of the current players' lives.  

laugh.gif
the Anaheim beat writers thinking this means the Sacto Arena project gets shut down.

Can't wait to hunt them down this weekend
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

laugh.gif
the Anaheim beat writers thinking this means the Sacto Arena project gets shut down.

Can't wait to hunt them down this weekend
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

He looked pleased because he made the opposition play its final hand.  The players are out of moves.  Decertification = checkmate.
My thoughts on this:  Really wanted a season.  Last year was too good not to have an encore.  The players got on my nerves this round of bargaining.  You are employees, not equal business partners.  Actually players are products with a shelf life.  You are only good for so long.  You had no investment in the business venture before you started playing and for the majority you will have none after you finish.  We all wish these products didn't have a shelf life.  I'd much rather be watching MJ, Bird and Magic battling in their prime for the next 20 years than alot of the chuckleheads we're stuck with now.  But bodies age and wear out and with that goes athletic performance.  

Durant's quote about how much revenue does a teacher generate compared to basketball players was tasteless.  He's have served himself better by not replying to the question.  There are thousands of businesses who have employees that generate them income and few are compensated the way professional athletes are taken care of. 

As someone who has been both an employee and a business owner I find it laughable that employees decide they will be setting the terms of the relationship.  I'm sure most of us on here have had not so enjoyable jobs and have been paid little to do them.  We do what we have to until we worked our way into the decision making positions, or beyond that into ownership.

With that said these players are just out of touch with reality.  They are making a spectacle, loving the camera attention, thinking they are "making moves".  They just gave up all leverage.  Which brings me to another point:  Who are these players consulting with that is giving them this advice?

Some serious questions maybe someone can answer:

Does this decertification void all existing player contracts?

Will teams just have rights to players but no contracts if that is the case?

He looked pleased because he made the opposition play its final hand.  The players are out of moves.  Decertification = checkmate.
My thoughts on this:  Really wanted a season.  Last year was too good not to have an encore.  The players got on my nerves this round of bargaining.  You are employees, not equal business partners.  Actually players are products with a shelf life.  You are only good for so long.  You had no investment in the business venture before you started playing and for the majority you will have none after you finish.  We all wish these products didn't have a shelf life.  I'd much rather be watching MJ, Bird and Magic battling in their prime for the next 20 years than alot of the chuckleheads we're stuck with now.  But bodies age and wear out and with that goes athletic performance.  

Durant's quote about how much revenue does a teacher generate compared to basketball players was tasteless.  He's have served himself better by not replying to the question.  There are thousands of businesses who have employees that generate them income and few are compensated the way professional athletes are taken care of. 

As someone who has been both an employee and a business owner I find it laughable that employees decide they will be setting the terms of the relationship.  I'm sure most of us on here have had not so enjoyable jobs and have been paid little to do them.  We do what we have to until we worked our way into the decision making positions, or beyond that into ownership.

With that said these players are just out of touch with reality.  They are making a spectacle, loving the camera attention, thinking they are "making moves".  They just gave up all leverage.  Which brings me to another point:  Who are these players consulting with that is giving them this advice?

pimp.gif
I'm happy to see the players standing up. The owners are really trying to get over with this deal.

Hunter and Fisher are failing in regards to PR, but what are the other complaints? The owners just want the players to concede everything and get nothing in return. What have the owner conceded in their proposal?

pimp.gif
I'm happy to see the players standing up. The owners are really trying to get over with this deal.

Hunter and Fisher are failing in regards to PR, but what are the other complaints? The owners just want the players to concede everything and get nothing in return. What have the owner conceded in their proposal?

Can someone explain what the 50/50 split would do for the players? The basketball related income is divided by the amount of players and they would each receive a distribution on top of their salaries?

I don't understand.

Can someone explain what the 50/50 split would do for the players? The basketball related income is divided by the amount of players and they would each receive a distribution on top of their salaries?

I don't understand.

Originally Posted by soychulo

Great, more of this bs. 
eyes.gif

Yes, people have lots of tough jobs, and people pay 20 dollars for parking, 75 dollars for a chair, 9 dollars for a beer, 8 dollars for a hot dog, 60 dollars for a shirt, and 35 dollars for a hat, to watch that person do their job.  Oh and by the way, it's more like MILLIONS of people, pay those prices, to see those people do their jobs.  All paying similar, or even MORE money than what I just listed. 

A teacher is more important, but nobody watches them do their job for fun when they are trying to relax. 

GET THIS @#$% THRU YOUR HEADS PEOPLE.  STOP COMPARING NBA TO ACTUAL JOBS, I WAS NOT "DRAFTED" TO MY COMPANY, NOR WERE ANY OF YOU, YOU CHOOSE WHERE YOU WORK SO LONG AS THEY OFFER EMPLOYMENT, THIS IS NOT THE SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by soychulo

Great, more of this bs. 
eyes.gif

Yes, people have lots of tough jobs, and people pay 20 dollars for parking, 75 dollars for a chair, 9 dollars for a beer, 8 dollars for a hot dog, 60 dollars for a shirt, and 35 dollars for a hat, to watch that person do their job.  Oh and by the way, it's more like MILLIONS of people, pay those prices, to see those people do their jobs.  All paying similar, or even MORE money than what I just listed. 

A teacher is more important, but nobody watches them do their job for fun when they are trying to relax. 

GET THIS @#$% THRU YOUR HEADS PEOPLE.  STOP COMPARING NBA TO ACTUAL JOBS, I WAS NOT "DRAFTED" TO MY COMPANY, NOR WERE ANY OF YOU, YOU CHOOSE WHERE YOU WORK SO LONG AS THEY OFFER EMPLOYMENT, THIS IS NOT THE SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't understand how anyone can still call the players greedy.

If they take the 50-50 they giving back over 300 mil a year. How is their still greed on their part? That more than covers the "supposed" losses that the league has been incurring.

Billy Hunter and Fish have been utterly terrible in handling the PR but what can they do? Stern is on ESPN every other day trashing the Union as they give him the biggest platform to do so.

I'm glad they decertified. I'm probably gonna regret that because it's gonna hurt on Christmas and through February when football is done. But I'm glad they actually said !@%$ it, we ain't gonna stand for this anymore.

I don't understand how anyone can still call the players greedy.

If they take the 50-50 they giving back over 300 mil a year. How is their still greed on their part? That more than covers the "supposed" losses that the league has been incurring.

Billy Hunter and Fish have been utterly terrible in handling the PR but what can they do? Stern is on ESPN every other day trashing the Union as they give him the biggest platform to do so.

I'm glad they decertified. I'm probably gonna regret that because it's gonna hurt on Christmas and through February when football is done. But I'm glad they actually said !@%$ it, we ain't gonna stand for this anymore.

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Go watch the Press Conference on NBA.com, the players are smiling and laughing as they're gathering behind the podium, they don't seem to know what sort of crap they've gotten themselves into..........also watch for the IDIOTS wearing a backpack and Kobe is wearing shades. They've lost touch with reality.
So these actions shows that they are not in touch with reality?
eyes.gif
 I slightly understand where you ar coming from, but appearance has nothing to do with anything right now.

Back
Top Bottom