The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Oh, I'm pretty sure the loss of an entire season is imminent. It's late November. If there's a time to make a deal, it's now...

Nah the season isn't close to being lost them fools still talking about being able to play 60+ games

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Nah the season isn't close to being lost them fools still talking about being able to play 60+ games
This.

I think Stern would only cancel the season if February arrived and there was still no deal in place.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

This.

I think Stern would only cancel the season if February arrived and there was still no deal in place.
It'd play out the same way as '99: season has to start by early February to squeeze in a 50-game schedule. The difference here that might make the deadline come earlier is that Stern definitely doesn't want another 50-game season. I'd say once it realistically dips below 60 games, that's when things get dire.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

"NBPA Executive committee members privately expressing unprecedented optimism that a deal will get done this time," Sam Amick wrote. "League sources too."

roll.gif
frown.gif

This.

Nah. February is too late. If theres no deal by january 15th I think there is 0% chance of having a season.
And its not Stern's decision if he wants to cancel the season or not, he does what the majority of owners tell him to do.

This.

Nah. February is too late. If theres no deal by january 15th I think there is 0% chance of having a season.
And its not Stern's decision if he wants to cancel the season or not, he does what the majority of owners tell him to do.

Yep, February is too late to secure a deal. You gotta keep in mind it takes a month to put things in writing, free agent signings, working out contracts, training camp, etc.

Yep, February is too late to secure a deal. You gotta keep in mind it takes a month to put things in writing, free agent signings, working out contracts, training camp, etc.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Owners set up a trap.......

<blockquote><strong class="quote-title">DubA169 wrote:</strong><hr> @HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck<br>
3. All parties agreed IN ADVANCE that nothing in these talks would impact the litigation or be used to prove either side's case in court.<br>
38 minutes ago via web</blockquote><br><br>
I think I will just quote myself for emphasis here....

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Owners set up a trap.......

<blockquote><strong class="quote-title">DubA169 wrote:</strong><hr> @HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck<br>
3. All parties agreed IN ADVANCE that nothing in these talks would impact the litigation or be used to prove either side's case in court.<br>
38 minutes ago via web</blockquote><br><br>
I think I will just quote myself for emphasis here....

@WojYahooNBA
As for progress in today's NBA talks, high-ranking league source says: "They literally just started talking about the actual deal points."
18 seconds ago

Whats with these guys?

@WojYahooNBA
As for progress in today's NBA talks, high-ranking league source says: "They literally just started talking about the actual deal points."
18 seconds ago

Whats with these guys?

its a "B issue". that's all we know. we don't know #+**.

what I've learned from the summer of 2010, the melo drama, and the lockout, is that these journalists aren't very good. They don't know anything. They make stuff up at times when there is no news to report. They are just mouth pieces for their source to get something out in the media.

There have been some great ones like Berger. Sheridan had some great articles. But for the most, these guys suck at their jobs. twitter has made things even worse.

its a "B issue". that's all we know. we don't know #+**.

what I've learned from the summer of 2010, the melo drama, and the lockout, is that these journalists aren't very good. They don't know anything. They make stuff up at times when there is no news to report. They are just mouth pieces for their source to get something out in the media.

There have been some great ones like Berger. Sheridan had some great articles. But for the most, these guys suck at their jobs. twitter has made things even worse.

I was going to say, I've thought some of these guys reporting are very legitimate. I just think there are different reporters who specialize in different areas. Berger and Beck both seem to be great and on-top of these negotiations, though I was always skeptical on Berger during the season.

While guys like Stein and Broussard haven't really done much it seems other than regurgitating what others are writing, while those two seem pretty legit reporters during the season regarding rumors.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who's still optimistic to get a deal done.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I just feel like there's too much to lose for both sides, and they'll eventually realize they need to get the season in.

I was going to say, I've thought some of these guys reporting are very legitimate. I just think there are different reporters who specialize in different areas. Berger and Beck both seem to be great and on-top of these negotiations, though I was always skeptical on Berger during the season.

While guys like Stein and Broussard haven't really done much it seems other than regurgitating what others are writing, while those two seem pretty legit reporters during the season regarding rumors.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who's still optimistic to get a deal done.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I just feel like there's too much to lose for both sides, and they'll eventually realize they need to get the season in.

Back
Top Bottom