The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Sources identified Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Boston and the Los Angeles Lakers as the teams pushing hardest behind the scenes for a deal in principle by the end of the weekend to ensure that a "representative" season can be staged.

And at least three teams that requested anonymity, according to interviews conducted Wednesday by ESPN.com, are highly optimistic that the framework of a deal can be struck by Monday.

But one source close to talks, referring to those aforementioned collapses when a deal seemed imminent at various points during the past two months, said Wednesday night: "Are the parties talking again? Yes. Have they done anything [significant]? No."
Link

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Two sides will meet again on Friday in New York, with Hunter and NBA wanting Fisher to join settlement talks, league sources tell Y!

Fisher hasn't given indication if he will attend Friday meeting, perhaps out of concern for how his inclusion could affect players legally.

One league official said "They feel like they need (Fisher) there to continue," but legal question could be: Isn't this same union (cont.)..

(cont.) ...union group back talking with league? This process was supposed to be taken over by legal team, so unclear if Fisher comes to NY.

Obviously, the disclaimer and suits filed by the NBPA makes everything so complicated in these talks now.

As NYT reported, NBA wants 66 games starting Dec 25. Several league sources say there's less ownership support for season under 60 games.

Two sides will meet again on Friday in New York, with Hunter and NBA wanting Fisher to join settlement talks, league sources tell Y!

Fisher hasn't given indication if he will attend Friday meeting, perhaps out of concern for how his inclusion could affect players legally.

One league official said "They feel like they need (Fisher) there to continue," but legal question could be: Isn't this same union (cont.)..

(cont.) ...union group back talking with league? This process was supposed to be taken over by legal team, so unclear if Fisher comes to NY.

Obviously, the disclaimer and suits filed by the NBPA makes everything so complicated in these talks now.

As NYT reported, NBA wants 66 games starting Dec 25. Several league sources say there's less ownership support for season under 60 games.

The Times, meanwhile, reported that Hunter has hired Jim Quinn, formerly the union's chief outside counsel, to replace union lawyer Jeffrey Kessler and help Hunter complete the deal. Kessler has had a combustible relationship with Stern and other owners during the past few months of negotiations; Quinn played a similar closer's role in the 1998-99 lockout and is said to have good relationships with both Hunter and Stern after years of participating in such talks.

One source told Broussard that it was Quinn -- a litigation lwyer with a long history of representing player organizations in the NFL, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer and the NHL in addition to the NBA -- who brought the parties back together Monday.

The Times, meanwhile, reported that Hunter has hired Jim Quinn, formerly the union's chief outside counsel, to replace union lawyer Jeffrey Kessler and help Hunter complete the deal. Kessler has had a combustible relationship with Stern and other owners during the past few months of negotiations; Quinn played a similar closer's role in the 1998-99 lockout and is said to have good relationships with both Hunter and Stern after years of participating in such talks.

One source told Broussard that it was Quinn -- a litigation lwyer with a long history of representing player organizations in the NFL, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer and the NHL in addition to the NBA -- who brought the parties back together Monday.

ric bucher just said david stern is ready to offer a deal to the union... it will be the last offer and it will be better than the last offer.. if its rejected stern is ready to cancel the season

ric bucher just said david stern is ready to offer a deal to the union... it will be the last offer and it will be better than the last offer.. if its rejected stern is ready to cancel the season

Stern canceling the season before December.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

They better not get anything solved before December 15th. I need that charity game in Seattle.

no one cares about seattle, seriously.

NBA season>>>>anything seattle.

Some dude from Seattle must have smashed your chick. 
grin.gif
nah

dont come in here posting stupid stuff about getting a charity game.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

They better not get anything solved before December 15th. I need that charity game in Seattle.

grin.gif
nah

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif
nah

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wow.  I had a dream that the Chicago Bulls was playing tonight.

I literally got so excited, that I woke up... then I remembered that the lockout was still alive and strong. 

frown.gif

Happy thanksgiving, ppl. 

I literally got so excited, that I woke up... then I remembered that the lockout was still alive and strong. 

frown.gif

Happy thanksgiving, ppl. 

frown.gif

Happy thanksgiving, ppl. 

Originally Posted by you go boy

30t6p3b.gif
I see this as another PR move to get the general NBA audience to see that and say "well stern keeps offering deals to the players, but they keep rejecting them"

What the hell can be so different in the potential current offer that wasn't proposed in the last

30t6p3b.gif
I see this as another PR move to get the general NBA audience to see that and say "well stern keeps offering deals to the players, but they keep rejecting them"

What the hell can be so different in the potential current offer that wasn't proposed in the last

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Come on fellas, don't let me down..

Your enduring optimism is admirable.  As for me, I'm not going to count on watching an NBA game being part of my Christmas day plans.  
And also, happy Thanksgiving everyone.  

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Come on fellas, don't let me down..

Your enduring optimism is admirable.  As for me, I'm not going to count on watching an NBA game being part of my Christmas day plans.  
And also, happy Thanksgiving everyone.  

Originally Posted by amel223

frown.gif

Happy thanksgiving, ppl. 
it's better than staying up late pretending your on Inside the NBA going over the Pacific division with EJ, Kenny, and Chuck

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif