The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm fine with 51 percent, shortened contracts, a lower MLE, amnesty areement

I'm very conflicted about a mandatory 2 year stay in college. On one hand it's not right to prevent a young man from making as much money and fast as they can. But the fundamentals are lacking and the AAu is a big part of that. Kids aren't being prepared properly

I still don't get this argument. The NBA is a business, and they have every right to determine the qualifications needed to participate, and what they think will lead to the best product.

Yeah I know what you mean it isn't really an argument more of a moral dilemma.

But the NBA does plenty of things that hurt the product. A decision they make would probably be for financial reasons not oh wow this is good for the game

Yeah I know what you mean it isn't really an argument more of a moral dilemma.

But the NBA does plenty of things that hurt the product. A decision they make would probably be for financial reasons not oh wow this is good for the game

I'm very conflicted about a mandatory 2 year stay in college. On one hand it's not right to prevent a young man from making as much money and fast as they can. But the fundamentals are lacking and the AAu is a big part of that. Kids aren't being prepared properly

You don't know @*#% bruh.
The NBA is confined to do what ever the hell it wants to these players. !%** the players. Who are they to tell the person that houses and fully operates the business/team that what to pay them?? I fully support the owners and Stern in finding whatever the hell they feel is the right logic for these dumb players to get paid. I prey to God that some of these cats start getting checks cut so they can appreciate who's been taking care of them for so long. The fans of these small markets deseve the full opportunity to cheer for a team constructed the same as a larger market does, with equal chances for all. This isnt baseball where we depend on a minor league system to cover up talent, franchises should be protected from having their star players leave for another team only because the markets differ. That's not equal opportunity to the fans who make this league by investing their money, time and dedication too. It's time for a change.

You don't know @*#% bruh.
The NBA is confined to do what ever the hell it wants to these players. !%** the players. Who are they to tell the person that houses and fully operates the business/team that what to pay them?? I fully support the owners and Stern in finding whatever the hell they feel is the right logic for these dumb players to get paid. I prey to God that some of these cats start getting checks cut so they can appreciate who's been taking care of them for so long. The fans of these small markets deseve the full opportunity to cheer for a team constructed the same as a larger market does, with equal chances for all. This isnt baseball where we depend on a minor league system to cover up talent, franchises should be protected from having their star players leave for another team only because the markets differ. That's not equal opportunity to the fans who make this league by investing their money, time and dedication too. It's time for a change.

Yeah those damn big market teams like the Knicks and warriors hogging all the championships. Shame on them

Spurs, jazz, okc, Detroit. They didn't stand a chance

*$@% the players. Even though bird and magic saved this league. The NBA is garage. They made these "stars" by giving them preferential treatment and hyping the individual over the team, and then they get mad when they have an ego?

Do you know how severely underpaid the superstars of the league are? Bron would make 60 million dollars a year in an open market

These owners want a guaranteed profit and get a bunch of middle class and porridge people to turn on the players

Yeah those damn big market teams like the Knicks and warriors hogging all the championships. Shame on them

Spurs, jazz, okc, Detroit. They didn't stand a chance

*$@% the players. Even though bird and magic saved this league. The NBA is garage. They made these "stars" by giving them preferential treatment and hyping the individual over the team, and then they get mad when they have an ego?

Do you know how severely underpaid the superstars of the league are? Bron would make 60 million dollars a year in an open market

These owners want a guaranteed profit and get a bunch of middle class and porridge people to turn on the players

@AlexKennedyNBA Source close to the NBPA says that the owners still want a 50-50 revenue split AND a revised system. Players think that's unfair.
@AlexKennedyNBA The players understand that they'll have to reduce their percentage of BRI or give in to system changes. With that said, they won't do both.
@AlexKennedyNBA The NBPA has officially postponed tomorrow's regional meeting in Los Angeles so that the two sides can meet again in New York.
@AlexKennedyNBA The good news? The two sides will meet again tomorrow afternoon. That's better than having the two sides on opposite coasts in crunch time.
@AlexKennedyNBA I just spoke to a source close to the labor talks. "We're getting close," he said. "We're definitely making progress."
@AlexKennedyNBA The two sides have agreed on a reduced version of the mid-level exception. That was one of the biggest issues entering today's meeting.
@AlexKennedyNBA Two big issues remain: contract length and luxury tax. The two sides are discussing those issues today.
@AlexKennedyNBA For the second day in a row, the two sides aren't discussing BRI. They're only working on system issues.
@AlexKennedyNBA Once the system issues are resolved, the two sides will resume BRI discussions.
@AlexKennedyNBA Rather than rescheduling the regional meeting in Los Angeles, the NBPA will likely have a meeting in New York so negotiations can continue.
@AlexKennedyNBA NBPA source is hopeful that David Stern won't cancel the first two weeks of the season today. They're hoping the deadline gets pushed back.
Yuku is trash.

@AlexKennedyNBA Source close to the NBPA says that the owners still want a 50-50 revenue split AND a revised system. Players think that's unfair.
@AlexKennedyNBA The players understand that they'll have to reduce their percentage of BRI or give in to system changes. With that said, they won't do both.
@AlexKennedyNBA The NBPA has officially postponed tomorrow's regional meeting in Los Angeles so that the two sides can meet again in New York.
@AlexKennedyNBA The good news? The two sides will meet again tomorrow afternoon. That's better than having the two sides on opposite coasts in crunch time.
@AlexKennedyNBA I just spoke to a source close to the labor talks. "We're getting close," he said. "We're definitely making progress."
@AlexKennedyNBA The two sides have agreed on a reduced version of the mid-level exception. That was one of the biggest issues entering today's meeting.
@AlexKennedyNBA Two big issues remain: contract length and luxury tax. The two sides are discussing those issues today.
@AlexKennedyNBA For the second day in a row, the two sides aren't discussing BRI. They're only working on system issues.
@AlexKennedyNBA Once the system issues are resolved, the two sides will resume BRI discussions.
@AlexKennedyNBA Rather than rescheduling the regional meeting in Los Angeles, the NBPA will likely have a meeting in New York so negotiations can continue.
@AlexKennedyNBA NBPA source is hopeful that David Stern won't cancel the first two weeks of the season today. They're hoping the deadline gets pushed back.
Yuku is trash.

No college does not really make a difference in development.

that (again) is on the teams and front offices to not make dumb decisions.

The best players rise to the top: Kobe, LeBron, KG, TMac, Dwight and always will. You take the Eddy Curry's and Teflair's at your own risk.

I would not be opposed to the MLB rule. Can enter out of HS, but if you go to college..you've committed to 3 years.

No college does not really make a difference in development.

that (again) is on the teams and front offices to not make dumb decisions.

The best players rise to the top: Kobe, LeBron, KG, TMac, Dwight and always will. You take the Eddy Curry's and Teflair's at your own risk.

I would not be opposed to the MLB rule. Can enter out of HS, but if you go to college..you've committed to 3 years.

The front offices don't want to have to make any decisions. They want guaranteed profits and a guaranteed shot at a championship each year.

The front offices don't want to have to make any decisions. They want guaranteed profits and a guaranteed shot at a championship each year.

As far as the draft and prospects go, it's best where we turn the D-League into an ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT league. Teams should be able to send down/call players up that have 3 or less years in experience, and hire people to work on their prospects strengths and weaknesses. I'm not keen on the 1 and done deal, but I feel we can eliminate it, if we model the D-League after the minors in baseball.

As far as the draft and prospects go, it's best where we turn the D-League into an ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT league. Teams should be able to send down/call players up that have 3 or less years in experience, and hire people to work on their prospects strengths and weaknesses. I'm not keen on the 1 and done deal, but I feel we can eliminate it, if we model the D-League after the minors in baseball.

I mean when players are trying to squeeze the owners for every penny they can get (not that there's anything wrong with that) then come up with a mantra that says "Let Us Play" then my sympathy for them is very thin.

Just get a deal done.

I mean when players are trying to squeeze the owners for every penny they can get (not that there's anything wrong with that) then come up with a mantra that says "Let Us Play" then my sympathy for them is very thin.

Just get a deal done.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
Media chased away from hotel entrance after threat from management to call police. #NBA #lockout
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom