The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

You seem really mad at the media coverage/twitter
laugh.gif

Nah, the media is what it is. I work in media, I know how it is. I'm just saying the mediator made strict demands, and anything leaking I feel is second or third-hand knowledge. I'm not so blind to understand both sides could come out tomorrow and announce there's no deal, but until then, I won't read too much into it. The major Twitter players in this haven't said anything tonight. Ken Berger has been on top of everything in this process, and the first to break everything, and he has nothing other than the company line about silence in the media and reconvening tomorrow. It's that tight-lipped.

Brossaurd just reported that the sides came closer...so now who are you going to believe?

Let it play out until something official comes straight from the mouth of someone in the room.

^I feel u man, but just as a spectating fan I'm looking for anything to hang on
ohwell.gif

With the nation's leading federal mediator George Cohen presiding, the NBA and the players union met for approximately sixteen hours in a marathon session that began Tuesday and ended early Wednesday morning.

The parties will resume talks at 10 a.m. EDT on Wednesday with Cohen again mediating. Neither side issued a comment in compliance with a request by Cohen.

The last remaining, major sticking point between the two sides seems to be the league's proposal to implement an escalating luxury tax that would penalize payroll over a certain amount. The union believes the proposed tax would result in the establishment of a de facto hard cap that no team would exceed.

Both the league and the union have made public statements indicating that a compromise agreement on sharing revenues, known as basketball-related income, is within reach.

^^^ Six more hours in the books today. All this has to be going somewhere, right?

^^^ Six more hours in the books today. All this has to be going somewhere, right?

If something fails in the talks, blame KG. Apparently, he was in the meetings and spent the entire time doing his glare and snarl. Woj said he has been "ornery"

If something fails in the talks, blame KG. Apparently, he was in the meetings and spent the entire time doing his glare and snarl. Woj said he has been "ornery"

yall serious about kg or being sarcastic
laugh.gif
......if dude really #%++#+ $@@% up ima jump on his hate bandwagon

yall serious about kg or being sarcastic
laugh.gif
......if dude really #%++#+ $@@% up ima jump on his hate bandwagon

KG ruined a potential deal last week by walking in (after not attending a single previous meeting) and just saying "No deal," and walked out. Bill Simmons tore him apart last week in a column about it, and explained why KG is in a position to not care if the season is lost. Henry Abbott had the full story on True Hoop.

KG ruined a potential deal last week by walking in (after not attending a single previous meeting) and just saying "No deal," and walked out. Bill Simmons tore him apart last week in a column about it, and explained why KG is in a position to not care if the season is lost. Henry Abbott had the full story on True Hoop.

Someone either needs to get KG out of the room, or slip the guy a heavy dose of Prozac or something similar.

Someone either needs to get KG out of the room, or slip the guy a heavy dose of Prozac or something similar.

That whole KG story is bull to make the Stern and the owners look good by shifting the blame for the lockout on to the players.

The two sides were never close to a deal.

That whole KG story is bull to make the Stern and the owners look good by shifting the blame for the lockout on to the players.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If true, L M A O!

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If true, L M A O!

Originally Posted by you big dummy

This
I can't believe NT would fall for such foolishness. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

This
I can't believe NT would fall for such foolishness. 
laugh.gif

Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat)
10/19/11 2:19 PM
Can't help but think that this is all a we-tried charade by NBA, before getting back to squeezing, then eventually crushing union.

Yup.

And c'mon if the owners would destroy a deal worth billions of dollars over Garnett throwing a temper tantrum, they are dumber than I realized.

Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat)
10/19/11 2:19 PM
Can't help but think that this is all a we-tried charade by NBA, before getting back to squeezing, then eventually crushing union.

Yup.

And c'mon if the owners would destroy a deal worth billions of dollars over Garnett throwing a temper tantrum, they are dumber than I realized.

Back
Top Bottom